Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1238
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

The message is telling you that a table doesn't exist. Have you looked in your database to see whether or not it's there?

How did you install the extra tables for this add-on?

The message also implies that you are prefixing all your database table names with the prefix "zen_pet_store". Is this correct?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The message is telling you that a table doesn't exist. Have you looked in your database to see whether or not it's there?

How did you install the extra tables for this add-on?

The message also implies that you are prefixing all your database table names with the prefix "zen_pet_store". Is this correct?
    No, I haven't looked to see if the table exists. I didn't install any tables. All I did was follow the installation instructions. Copy over the directories and make the appropriate modifications to the PHP files. I didn't add anything into the array in line 23 of admin/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_admin_auth.php, as the installation instructions say that it is usually not needed. I really don't know jack about MySQL.

I think I used the wrong instructions when I installed the add-on. I think I misunderstood the "fresh installation" instructions as going with a fresh installation of Zen Cart and the "upgrade" as being to upgrade a current Zen Cart installation. How I made that mistake, I don't know. Seems to be common sense, and it was probably a mental glitch on my part. I will probably have to uninstall the add-on and then re-installl it with the correct procedure. I apologize for taking up support space with this mistake.

Plugin Contributions

If you have already added the files correctly (and the error would seem to imply that you have) then you need only add the tables.

However, there's a catch. By adding the files you prevent yourself from accessing the Zen Cart feature to add run the SQL that adds the tables. So it would need to be done by hand with your database prefix edited into the SQL by hand and then it being run via a third party app such as phpMyAdmin.

I have the impression that might not be something with which you're comfortable - in which case removing the files and re-installing using the installation instructions would be a better option.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I've used PHP admin a little bit, and I can do what I need to do if I know precisely how to do it.

I attempted to install this add-on again, and this time I did not neglect to do the DB update. My site broke again. When I went to browse -> select file -> install_admin_profile.sql, it just kind of refreshed the page, and didn't tell me whether or not the upgrade was successful.

Maybe it would have worked better, had I copied and pasted the DB into the text box at the DB update screen?

I backed up the MySQL databases in phpMyAdmin (hopefully the right way), and I only commented out the lines of PHP I changed this time. Hopefully I can quickly revert Zen Cart to the form I had it in before I made the changes that broke the site, and then later, install the plugin the right way.

Plugin Contributions

So I'm still not sure how to install this plugin the "right way", and I need a little help here.

Plugin Contributions

Hi! I've had admin profiles for nearly a year now? Many, many months it seems- anyway, I'm not sure what version I have or how to find that information out, but I went to install Sales Mod and my sales mod won't work at all, it kicks me back to the log in page, and I'm not getting any help over at the sales mod thread, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced and issue with the conflicting mods? "You are presently using: v1.3.9d" Please don't ask me to update my version of zen either, it scares me!

any help would be awesome, thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread - clarify SQL patch

Thanks for the mod.

I've installed other SQL patches where I simply copied and pasted the entire file contents into the Zen Admin tool. With this SQL file, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that or where exactly in the file to start copying.

Also, I don't understand: "change the following line if the super user (person to have access to everything) has an admin ID other than 1SET @superuser = 1;" Let's say my admin username is "joeshmoe," where exactly do I put that?

Clarification on these two points would be appreciated.

R

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by giftmeister View Post
    Thanks for the mod.

I've installed other SQL patches where I simply copied and pasted the entire file contents into the Zen Admin tool. With this SQL file, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that or where exactly in the file to start copying.

Also, I don't understand: "change the following line if the super user (person to have access to everything) has an admin ID other than 1SET @superuser = 1;" Let's say my admin username is "joeshmoe," where exactly do I put that?

Clarification on these two points would be appreciated.

R
    You assign or should assign #1 to the person that has rights to all items. You can assign other numbers to other persons in your organization to have limited access like only allowed to process orders. Or say you have a developer you can assign a number to and give all rights or limited.

SQL is pasted as all sql files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    You assign or should assign #1 to the person that has rights to all items.
    Just to add to this when you look at your list of users in "Admin Settings" you'll see the user id in the left column. Usually the first account set up is the store admin hence ID 1 having full rights.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, it installed perfectly!