Page 105 of 124 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1238
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

Installing the 1.3.8 patch files on a 1.3.7 Zen Cart is a bad idea. However, that's not your immediate problem. The problem is that you haven't actually installed admin profiles, but rather a slightly dodgy offshoot, the name of which escapes me at the moment, but which is discussed earlier in this thread, but not supported here (or as far as I know anywhere).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Installing the 1.3.8 patch files on a 1.3.7 Zen Cart is a bad idea. However, that's not your immediate problem. The problem is that you haven't actually installed admin profiles, but rather a slightly dodgy offshoot, the name of which escapes me at the moment, but which is discussed earlier in this thread, but not supported here (or as far as I know anywhere).
    You are correct. And thanks for the quick response.

I installed the 1.36 version (your official version) and it works great!

Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi

Just to let you know I have installed the new version for 1.3.9 (admin_profiles_v1_1_0) on a test server and it seems to be playing the game just fine. I'll keep you in touch if there are any problems.

Not sure if you're going to support this or not. Frustrating I am sure not to have feedback.

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi,

Regarding v1_1_0.

In line 229ish of the functions/admin_profiles.php file it reads:

Code:
        { // remove adminID for users with cookies off, wherever it appears in the URL
          $page = str_replace('?zenAdminID=' . (int)$_GET['zenAdminID'], '', $page);
          $page = str_replace('&zenAdminID=' . (int)$_GET['zenAdminID'], '', $page);
    I suspect that the (int) is a typo.

Plugin Contributions

Very gently put, and absolutely correct. Thanks for reporting it.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Profiles Will Not Save Changes

Hello Kuroi,

I had a problem with my admin profile module. I just installed the google analytics module into my zen cart, then I went to the menu tools/admin setting to set the permission for that module.
    The google analytics module is there and I could tick the module box, but it the system will not save the changes. Everytime the “Save Changes” button was clicked, system just direct me to the admin home page and did not save the changes. Actually besides google analytics, I have coupon restrict & email export module that I could configure since admin profile module does not save the changes.
    Please kindly help.

Below is the version of system I am currently using.
    Zen Cart ver 1.3.7.1
    Database Patch level 1.3.7.1
    Admin profiles ver 1.0.6
    I have never upgraded my Zen cart

Kind regards,
    Jimmy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jimmy

I suspect that you have installed the Zen Cart security patch that added additional requirements to form handling, for which Admin Profiles needed tweaking.

Two options:
    1. Upgrade to a latter and more secure version of Zen Cart and use a version of Admin Profiles that has these changes built in.
    2. Do a comparison of Admin Profiles versions 1.0.7 and 1.0.7.1 and retrofit the changes between them to your version.
    Last edited by kuroi; 22 Sep 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Dear Kuroi,

Thanks for your prompt response. I will look at the options and try one accordingly. Again, thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Jimmy

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kuroi, I've installed this mod and it's awesome....no issues installing it here so far *knock on wood* lol

I do have a question though...please forgive me if it has been asked and answered, I did do a search

When I create a test admin user and restrict what they can access, they can still see customer and order information on the initial admin index page. If they click the links there they'll get the permissions denied message, but I would prefer them not to be able to see customer/order information if I haven't assigned them permissions to that area.

Is there a way to restrict certain info from showing dependant on permissions?

Lissa
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

@LissaE

I know this has been covered before and am pretty certain that it's in this thread, though way back. Nearer the beginning than the current position.

In outline the solution is to wrap if statements around each of those blocks in the admin.php page to show them only if the logged in admin is in a list of those allowed to see them. So slightly tangential to Admin Profiles but using a approach with some elements in common.