Page 34 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

Totally bizarre. Download via the download section, unziped using winzip 10, ftp'd using ipswitch professional.

I'll just regather my files from the version that is working. Thank you again for your time - I thought I had some how managed to do something stupidly wrong and couldn't figure out what as it is a fab module and really easy to install!

Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

Starting with a set of files that you know to be clean is the right way to go. Then if you have a problem again, check them out at each step to see which one is introducing the corruption. Good luck.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Ok, since 4:30 this morning, I have been reading through the pages of this forum, and following the steps included in your latest download of admin profiles. I use zen 1.3.7.1 and everything has been working fine. The only mod I have done to my cart was to add a template (PC01-passion cove).

I was able to add an admin to the cart and enter username/pw/email. I can log in as that person. I realized after setting this up that I had forgotten patch 3 in your instructions, so after editing the english.php file as directed, I tried to get my admin page to show the icon as you mention (the orange one with the P). I log in under my main login (not as the second user that I added) and everything looks fine. However, when I click on Tools/Admin Settings, all that comes up is a blank, white, page. I have noticed that whenever I open a .php file (particularly the english.php) and edit it, and then save it, it totally takes the formatting out of it. Does this have an effect on how the .php file performs? I've got a mediocre understanding of all this, and right now my head is ready to explode from all this reading.

thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Great Mod Kuroi...

I had to re install the mod...now when i go to the admin settings I no longer see the orange icon. I have tried several re installs with no luck.

Any suggestions ?
    www.planetebio.net - Eat Right Feel Good !

Plugin Contributions

Installed the mod but had one small problem with one of my extra modules, Customer Loyalty Rewards. This mod does not appear as a choice under one of the existing admin pulldown menus but instead has its own pulldown menu in admin. After I followed Kuroi's instructions for updating the box file, the menu for Customer Loyalty Rewards was still not appearing. So I had to modify the box file to the following:

Code:
    if (!defined('IS_ADMIN_FLAG')) {
      die('Illegal Access');
    }

$za_contents = array();
      $za_heading = array();
      $za_heading = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_REWARDS_ADMIN, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_ALT_NAV, '', 'NONSSL'));

$options = array( array('box' => BOX_CUSTOMER_REWARDS_SET_POINTS_MAINT_ADMIN, 'page' => FILENAME_CUSTOMER_REWARDS_POINTS_MAINT_ADMIN),
    					array('box' => BOX_CUSTOMER_REWARDS_SET_EXCLUDED_ITEMS_ADMIN, 'page' => FILENAME_CUSTOMER_REWARDS_POINTS_RESTRICT),
    					array('box' => BOX_CUSTOMER_REWARDS_CUSTOMER_ADMIN, 'page' => FILENAME_CUSTOMER_REWARDS_CUSOMER_MAINT),
    					array('box' => BOX_CUSTOMER_REWARDS_REPORT_ADMIN, 'page' => FILENAME_CUSTOMER_REWARDS_REPORT)
    				);

foreach ($options as $key => $value)
    	if (page_allowed($value['page'])=='true') $za_contents[] = array('text' => $value['box'], 'link' => zen_href_link($value['page'], '', 'NONSSL'));
    ?>
    <!-- customer_rewards_admin //-->
    <?php
    echo zen_draw_admin_box($za_heading, $za_contents);
    ?>
    <!-- customer_rewards_admin_eof //-->
    I didn't write this out myself, but instead just hacked together the missing parts from the original box file into the new box file version. Then it worked perfectly, or at least I have not found any problems yet.

Thanks, Kuroi, for the nice mod!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kutnkudly View Post
    Ok, since 4:30 this morning, I have been reading through the pages of this forum, and following the steps included in your latest download of admin profiles. I use zen 1.3.7.1 and everything has been working fine. The only mod I have done to my cart was to add a template (PC01-passion cove).

I was able to add an admin to the cart and enter username/pw/email. I can log in as that person. I realized after setting this up that I had forgotten patch 3 in your instructions, so after editing the english.php file as directed, I tried to get my admin page to show the icon as you mention (the orange one with the P). I log in under my main login (not as the second user that I added) and everything looks fine. However, when I click on Tools/Admin Settings, all that comes up is a blank, white, page. I have noticed that whenever I open a .php file (particularly the english.php) and edit it, and then save it, it totally takes the formatting out of it. Does this have an effect on how the .php file performs? I've got a mediocre understanding of all this, and right now my head is ready to explode from all this reading.
    This doesn't sound like anything to do with Admin Profiles and everything to do with a text editor that's corrupting your files. Care to tell us which one you're using?

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnny43 View Post
    Hello,

Great Mod Kuroi...

I had to re install the mod...now when i go to the admin settings I no longer see the orange icon. I have tried several re installs with no luck.

Any suggestions ?
    DId you re-apply the patch to admin.php to put the orange icon back in?

Plugin Contributions

Notepad. That's what opens the .php files by default. Do you have suggestions on something that would work better?

Plugin Contributions

Notepad. That's what opens the .php files by default. Do you have suggestions on something that would work better?
    For quick edits I use Notepad++, a free download completely unrelated to the similarly named, but very poor, Windows program.

Plugin Contributions

I use HTML-Kit, also a free program you can download from the internet. But I doubt that notepad would corrupt a php file. Maybe it is the program you are using to upload it to your server?

Page 34 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast