Page 14 of 124 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GwaiTsi View Post
    HELP!!!

I installed the 1.3.5 mod per the instructions and my menu has disappeared.
    I only had one user and the ID was 2. I changed this to 1 but it didn't help.

Can someone please help me to get my menu back.

thanks
    Changing the ID to 1 is the right thing to do.

Try also closing down your browser completely and restarting it from scratch (to flush out any session data that still believes you're user 2).

If that doesn't work let me know and we'll plug some more values into your database by hand to get you up and running again.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

super, thanks so much....was the browser sessions

Plugin Contributions

Please help, initially installed "admin profiles" plus the "user tracking" extra, although didn't actually have "user tracking" installed.

In the process of discovering i needed to download "user tracking" separately (which i have down and everything seems to work ok),

Under the "Admin profile for user" page, 3rd party mods there are a couple of extra pages that don't really exist; -
    - "FILENAME USER TRACKING"
    - ""

Can someone tell me how to remove these entries from the database please.

Thanks all

Plugin Contributions

Hey, I have a question.

I DO NOT have the new version of zen cart bcuz I did not do whatever I was supposed to do so that whenever I install a newer version, everything wont override. I remember reading it and saying "oh they wont upgrade", didnt know much then......

Anyway, so I cant use admin profiles until I figure all that garbage out....

So, I was trying to add another admins and I only want to give him access to add, edit and delete products and change prices,. just like basic stuff.....

Which number do I put in admin level?

Can someone give me a list of what diff numbers mean?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GwaiTsi View Post
    Please help, initially installed "admin profiles" plus the "user tracking" extra, although didn't actually have "user tracking" installed.

In the process of discovering i needed to download "user tracking" separately (which i have down and everything seems to work ok),

Under the "Admin profile for user" page, 3rd party mods there are a couple of extra pages that don't really exist; -
    - "FILENAME USER TRACKING"
    - ""

Can someone tell me how to remove these entries from the database please.

Thanks all
    These aren't doing any harm, but I guess they're unsightly.

You can remove them as follows.

1. Backup your database

2. Fire up phpMyAdmin (if you didn't use that to backup) and open the admin_files table.

3. Browse to find the offending entries, note their ID numbers, then delete them.

4. Open the admin_allowed_pages tables and browse it to ensure that none of your entries has PAGE_ID = ID recorded in step 3 - if they do - delete them.

And that should do it.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by airmcnair06 View Post
    Hey, I have a question.

I DO NOT have the new version of zen cart bcuz I did not do whatever I was supposed to do so that whenever I install a newer version, everything wont override. I remember reading it and saying "oh they wont upgrade", didnt know much then......

Anyway, so I cant use admin profiles until I figure all that garbage out....

So, I was trying to add another admins and I only want to give him access to add, edit and delete products and change prices,. just like basic stuff.....

Which number do I put in admin level?

Can someone give me a list of what diff numbers mean?
    I suspect that the Admin Level to which you refer is the one that you could set when creating a new user in versions of Zen Cart prior to 1.3.5. The default value was 1, but the idea was that you could set it to 0 for a user who could wander around Admin but not actually do anything i.e. for demo purposes. However, it was not fully implemented, was explicitly recommended against by the Zen Cart team and has been dropped completely from Zen Cart 1.3.5 (although the database field is still there).

You don't actually say which older version of Zen Cart you have. There are earlier versions of Admin Profiles that are compatible with Zen Cart 1.3.0 - 1.3.0.2, and an earlier add-on confusingly called Admin Levels that does some of what Admin Profiles now does but in a less elegant (and slightly buggy) way.

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

I'm having an issue with the "Password Forgotten" link. It gives the "access denied" message. So I logged into the admin, and clicked password forgotten to add access to it, but I still can't make that link work. I'm not sure how to get around it... I guess it's denying the access, since no one is logged in yet. Any ideas? I'd like to have this working for my clients.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    I'm having an issue with the "Password Forgotten" link. It gives the "access denied" message. So I logged into the admin, and clicked password forgotten to add access to it, but I still can't make that link work. I'm not sure how to get around it... I guess it's denying the access, since no one is logged in yet. Any ideas? I'd like to have this working for my clients.
    Your diagnosis is spot on. Thank you for reminding me about this. I spotted it just after the last release of Admin Profiles and was surprised that nobody had commented on it before.

Happily the fix is very straightforward. It's already included in the next release and I've popped a quick explanation in the Wiki FAQ for Admin Profiles

Plugin Contributions

I had installed admin profiles on 1.3.0.1 and it was working great. I upgraded to 1.3.0.2 and now for some reason, when I try to commit a change to a user's permissions it logs me out and makes me log back in - and the change is not committed. I uninstalled and reinstalled the modification (including the database changes), and it is still doing the same thing.. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by abcisme View Post
    I had installed admin profiles on 1.3.0.1 and it was working great. I upgraded to 1.3.0.2 and now for some reason, when I try to commit a change to a user's permissions it logs me out and makes me log back in - and the change is not committed. I uninstalled and reinstalled the modification (including the database changes), and it is still doing the same thing.. Any ideas?
    Which version of Admin profiles are you using? The current version is designed for use with Zen Cart 1.3.5. To use it with Zen Cart 1.3.0.2 you would need to use versions 1.3 or 1.4.