Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
    in:
    [select admin_name from admin where admin_id = ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

what about this prolem
    when I try to change the interface of the language

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tyw71
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
    in:
    [select admin_name from admin where admin_id = ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

what about this prolem
    when I try to change the interface of the language
    Please could you provide the following information.

Which version of Admin Profiles are you using?
    Which version of Zen Cart are you running?
    Does your PHP environment have registers_global set on or off?
    How have your tried to change your language interface and do you mean the interface in the shop or the one in the Admin area?
    What had you done immediately prior to getting this messgae?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi
    Please could you provide the following information.

Which version of Admin Profiles are you using?
    Which version of Zen Cart are you running?
    Does your PHP environment have registers_global set on or off?
    How have your tried to change your language interface and do you mean the interface in the shop or the one in the Admin area?
    What had you done immediately prior to getting this messgae?

I have used the lastest admin profiles
    my zencart vestion is 1.3.1 and update to 1.3.2 now
    registers_global set on
    interface in the Admin area
    now any

it work well when i selet tools- admin setting-edit permission

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tyw71
    I have used the lastest admin profiles
    my zencart vestion is 1.3.1 and update to 1.3.2 now
    registers_global set on
    interface in the Admin area
    now any

it work well when i selet tools- admin setting-edit permission
    Register_global set to on can cause problems generally, but I don't think that it is the cause of this one.

Which language pack have you installed?

By "now any" do you mean that the problem occurs as soon as you enter the Admin area?

You say that "it works well when i selet tools- admin setting-edit permission". This is Admin Profiles. Are you saying that Admin Profiles works, but the rest of Admin doesn't?

In which order did you install the language pack and Admin Profiles and when did the problem first appear?

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

it works well, but when I click to other language, it shows the problem

Plugin Contributions

Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

I have a quick question about the Admin Profiles contrib.

I have a client that does corporate catalogs for multiple businesses, the type of thing where you get jackets, shirts, mugs, etc. with their logo on it. For simplicity I will call my client "Printer" and my client's clients "Clients". Printer would like me to setup the (web)site so that when Clients' employees wish to order something from their corporate catalog they can, then it generates an e-mail that requires an approval from somewhere within the Clients' business. Upon approval Printer will get the order and can begin the fulfillment. Printer owns the domain and catalog sites, and charges a monthly service fee for each Clients' own catalog.

For admin level I see myself (Contracted Webmaster) as the main full admin. Printer would be able maintain the catalog and pricing, and receive approved orders. If Printer needs it they should also be able to maintain the payment system for the orders, but at this time I don't know it payment will be made through the cart or invoiced separately. Client should be able to have regular users, and a person that can review and approve orders. The Client approval person should get notification of orders.

I will be setting this up with a single hosting location, each Client would have it's own Zencart installed in a separate folder with it's own subdomain. All the catalogs look the same save some branding for each Client, and each one would have it's own separate database.

So my question is, Is the Admin Profiles contrib what I am looking for to do this? How should I best set this up? If the Admin Profiles contrib is not what I am looking for (or only part of it,) could you please point me to something that will do what I need?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Quick question. I installed this mod under 1.3.02 today, with Super Orders and with Image Handler 2. So far everything works except for one little issue.

If I go into the Coupon editor and click the 'Restrictions' button, none of my admins have permission. Even if they have every single item checked in the permissions dialog.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

tyw71

I have now reproduced your problem and I see what you mean. If you wish to change languages, I recommend leaving the Admin Profiles screen first. Changing language. Then returning.

Sadly though, it probably won't do you much good, as Admin Profiles is resolutely monolingual. I could allow the internationalisation of the header text and pick up other language alternatives for the configuration menu. However, the majority of the text on the page is derived from the names of the executable files that make up Admin, so to make it multilingual a large number of files and all calls to them would have to be re-named, and keep being re-named with each new release of Zen Cart.

As the the error message, I'm going to leave the bug in there. As changing language brings no benefits, taking away the error message would do no more than you could do by clicking on your broiwser's back button. Not a great solution I know, but happily it will only be an issue for a limited period of time.

This is because the Zen Cart Admin area is due for a re-write in release 1.6. Hopefully the Zen Cart team will be taking the need for a user access system into account - I will certainly be encouraging them to - and if it is done as part of core Zen Cart it will be much easier to deal with issues like the one that you have raised.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by T313C0mun1s7
    I have a quick question about the Admin Profiles contrib.

I have a client that does corporate catalogs for multiple businesses, the type of thing where you get jackets, shirts, mugs, etc. with their logo on it. For simplicity I will call my client "Printer" and my client's clients "Clients". Printer would like me to setup the (web)site so that when Clients' employees wish to order something from their corporate catalog they can, then it generates an e-mail that requires an approval from somewhere within the Clients' business. Upon approval Printer will get the order and can begin the fulfillment. Printer owns the domain and catalog sites, and charges a monthly service fee for each Clients' own catalog.

For admin level I see myself (Contracted Webmaster) as the main full admin. Printer would be able maintain the catalog and pricing, and receive approved orders. If Printer needs it they should also be able to maintain the payment system for the orders, but at this time I don't know it payment will be made through the cart or invoiced separately. Client should be able to have regular users, and a person that can review and approve orders. The Client approval person should get notification of orders.

I will be setting this up with a single hosting location, each Client would have it's own Zencart installed in a separate folder with it's own subdomain. All the catalogs look the same save some branding for each Client, and each one would have it's own separate database.

So my question is, Is the Admin Profiles contrib what I am looking for to do this? How should I best set this up? If the Admin Profiles contrib is not what I am looking for (or only part of it,) could you please point me to something that will do what I need?

Thank you very much for your assistance.
    There's not much quick about this question but I'll try not to make the answer overly long.

Your question breaks down into two parts. Can you restrict access to certain functions by user? and can you have orders placed in a pending state awaiting authorisation by an administrator (albeit one with limited access to the system)?

The answers in summary are yes and yes

Once you have decided how payments will work, you will need to install an appropriate payment module on each Cart. This payment module will have a Set Order Status field which is the default order status when a purchase is made using that payment module, and one of the values is pending.

Admin Profiles will allow you to define users who only have access to certain menus and screens, such as those necessary to move an order from pending to the processing state. Presumably Printer's staff would move the status to shipped. I expect that these statii could be renamed fairly easily if needed.

The only bit I am not sure about is sending an email to the clients' authorisers when an order is placed. You may wish to post a separate question on this to attract the attention of somebody with more knowledge in this area that me. In the meantime my 2 cents worth is that there may not be email such as you want generated at the moment; but there is a confirmation sent to the user who placed the order. If all users where set up with the email of the person who needs to authorize the order, then they would receive the notification that you want. Alternatively, adding a bit of extra code to duplicate the confirmation email to a specified authorizers's address would not be too difficult.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Parr
    Quick question. I installed this mod under 1.3.02 today, with Super Orders and with Image Handler 2. So far everything works except for one little issue.

If I go into the Coupon editor and click the 'Restrictions' button, none of my admins have permission. Even if they have every single item checked in the permissions dialog.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Can you post the code from the following files: super_orders_customers_dhtml.php and super_orders_reports_dhtml.php. You'll find them in your admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes folder.

Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast