Page 80 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

Zen Cart is open source. It is incredibly easy to use and well supported for an open source application. Any ideas about what Zen Cart 'should' or 'shouldn't' do are missing the point of the open source concept.

But this is probably part of a different thread....

Plugin Contributions

My apologies. I should have waited and let the frustration just wash over me and come to a more "zen" like attitude before posting. Had I done so, I would have told myself all those things about "use at your own risk", "open source", "nobody could possibly police all the mods and all the possible mod/cart version combinations to know what works and doesn't".

Sorry, just hadn't had enough coffee yet and was hoping that since there was a link to a support thread that it really did have one.

I love zen-cart and appreciate all the big brained people who contribute.

Just wish that mod functioned as it said.

Kuroi, did you figure out how to recover from what happened to AP after the patch?

kuroi and all the other big brains here. signs was not mad at zen or anyone here. She did not install my zen I just dumped it in her lap when something went wrong... she was angry at the person who installed this mod and did NO research before installing it...

Does anyone have any mods that I could replace this mod with? Any help at all? All I want is add admins and they not see or have access to parts of my zen... granted the ladies in my store are not big brains and would not be poking around in zen trying to hack the mod to get to the areas that I was blocking... heck guys I have to talk them through loading their products... they are great ladies - but they are designers of digital art not computer wizards.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Linda

Plugin Contributions

Well, admin profiles is a great mod (with no extra addons )and does pretty much what you require. You just won't be able to restrict your users from seeing other user's categories.

But as you say they are all great girls so why would that be a problem? What admin profiles is great for is letting them upload products without you, or them, having to worry about messing the site up. You can just give them access to the products and category section.

I've run shops like that and would just say that it is worth putting together an 'idiots guide to uploading products'.

If I was you I would uninstall all the admin profiles stuff and then re-install a clean version - remembering the patch for the recent security patch

As, I said my open source rant was best left to another thread. So, apologies for that

Plugin Contributions

Well, here I am with some of the previous people who installed the recent security patch and when we went to add an admin permission, it was not saved.

So, I found this thread, and the first thing I saw was the admin_control.php download from the author for an instant patch. So I downloaded it.

But alas, that gives me an SQL error:
    1146 Table 'zzzzzzz_sandbox.TABLE_ADMIN_ALLOWED' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * from TABLE_ADMIN_ALLOWED where page_id = '1' and admin_id = '3']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I downloaded the complete new one from the add-ons page, installed from the extras directory - there were just a couple files, but admin_control.php was not one of them.

If I revert my admin_control.php file, the sql error goes away, but it does not save the change I request.

I don't know what I've missed here, but I could use a sane voice to get me past this. Pretty please with ... ice cream?!

Thank you in advance for any assistance,
    deb

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by signs View Post
    My apologies.
    Not needed in my book. Your frustration was understood and my replies intended to explain rather than criticise.

Quote Originally Posted by signs View Post
    Kuroi, did you figure out how to recover from what happened to AP after the patch?
    Yes. There's a patch file a little way up this thread and included in the latest release of AP.

But here's what you might want to try in the admin/admin_control.php file of mod you're using ...

find the line
    PHP Code:
    <form id="profileBoxes" name="profileBoxes" action="admin_control.php?adminID=<?php echo $adminID?>&amp;action=save" method="post">
    and replace it with
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('profileBoxes'FILENAME_ADMIN_CONTROL'adminID=' $adminID '&amp;action=save''post''id="profileBoxes"''true'); ?>
    As a way of guiding kelin's ladies to the right places to make their changes, it's OK. If they're technical and malicious then they would be able to circumvent it, but it's still better than nothing or vanilla AP.
    Last edited by kuroi; 14 Jul 2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: include file name duh!
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Debbers View Post
    Well, here I am with some of the previous people who installed the recent security patch and when we went to add an admin permission, it was not saved.

So, I found this thread, and the first thing I saw was the admin_control.php download from the author for an instant patch. So I downloaded it.

But alas, that gives me an SQL error:
    1146 Table 'zzzzzzz_sandbox.TABLE_ADMIN_ALLOWED' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * from TABLE_ADMIN_ALLOWED where page_id = '1' and admin_id = '3']
    Deb

The offer of ice cream always helps. Here's what I think has happened. I think that like kalin/signs in recent posts you don't have Admin Profiles installed, you actually have the Admin Restrict Product Categories. Unfortunately the author of that fork from Admin Profiles renamed one of the tables. I can see why, and understand, but it does make an installation of that mod incompatible with the main Admin Profiles stream.

If my hypothesis is correct, then the patch I did for AP won't work for you. However (and I haven't tested this) the single line change that I posted immediately prior to this post probably will.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,
    I have recently installed this mod without any issues. I have found that some of the mods like User tracking, sales report and some others wont let me access them. There seems to be no check box with their name next to in the admin settings > . . .

There are a few check boxes that have no name next to them and I'll put the check in the box and save changes only to find on reload that the check are no longer there.

I have talked this into letting me into sales report a few times (not sure how) but now I have no access to it again.

What is going on with this mod? Is there a way to exclude a user from having limitations? Basically if the user is #1 don't check to see what they do or don't have access to. Just allow it all for that user.

Thanks,
    John

Plugin Contributions

I've just started having a problem.

My cart is 1.3.8a
    Admin Profiles v.1-0-7

When I go into the Admin settings, it won't let me 'Save' permissions. I check off all the permission boxes, click save and it kicks me out to the main Admin section and doesn't save the changes.

The only changes made to the cart recently was the recent Security patch and changing the admin name. It worked perfect before.

I discovered it when adding a new mod (cross-sell) which I now can't give anyone (including myself) permission to use.

I've used this mod in conjunction with Admin Profiles before without any issues, so I'm assuming it has to be something linked to the Patch or the admin name change.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Oooops! Nevermind. I just read back and realized the question had already been answered. Off to search for the patch. :)
    Last edited by Boggled; 20 Jul 2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Read ^ UP ^ and found my answer.
    I'll finish that project tomorrow, I've made enough mistakes today!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    Sounds great Kuroi, thank you for looking into this.
    Hi Kuroi, I'm following up to see if you had a chance to look into why some of the M1 modules cannot be checked?

Page 80 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast