Page 89 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

@stride-r

Your assessment is absolutely correct. This is a bit tricky for the current version of Zen Cart where mods add code to the file system but Admin Profiles operates from database tables.

It would be possible to perform some reconciliation between the file set and the database to find mods that had been removed, though even then, there's no guarantee that any configuration key groups have been removed.

This will hopefully be much easier to deal with in Zen Cart 2.0 for which a formal plugin system has been announced. I anticipate that this will give Admin Profiles more robust information and a formal installation process into which it may be able to hook.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Is there anywhere I can see a demo of this contribution? I want to make sure it's right for my site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by high2K View Post
    Is there anywhere I can see a demo of this contribution? I want to make sure it's right for my site.
    None that I know of. I recommend evaluating it on a test installation. Indeed, I recommend that for all mods before installing on a live site.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I am having a problem logging in to my admin side. I added this add-on a while ago and it was working. I dont think I have added anything to the site since this add-on. I went to go log in to process an order and it wouldnt let me log in with any passwords and would not let me email my password to me either.

I did this:
    DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);

and I can now log in but it says
    "Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource.
    Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect.
    Sorry for any inconvenience."

So I changed the admin user ID to 1 and it still says that security clearance error whenever I try to access anything on the admin menu. I checked to see if upgrading my admin profiles version would help but after reading the upgrade instructions I think that I already have the newest version (I have since changed computers and dont know which version I initially installed).

If anyone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it!

Plugin Contributions

Can we add admin user later. I mean if we install admin profiles and later we added a new user and want give privilege, can we do it ?

Plugin Contributions

Forget the above message. I was not fully understand. Sorry guys

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I haven't been able to find the answer to this so hopefully someone can help. I am running Zencart 1.3.8a and have admin profiles up and running. Everything is working so far apart from when I click on the restrictions tab of the Coupon Admin function. I then get access denied. I don't have super orders installed, the only mods I have done are the Zone files for ebay, image handler. If I create a new coupon, I can add restrictions then no problem, just can't change them afterwards.

What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Plugin Contributions

Not sure I can explain the why part ...but in my experience, whenever I run into this sort of issue with this Mod, it can usually be fixed by revisitiing the Admin Settings.

Since you used the "update restrictions form" and got an error message, now go to Admin > Admin Settings > Permissions . You will likely now see an entry for the "coupon restrict" form in the list of available Third Party Mods. It probably wasn't visible there earlier when you initially set your perms ...but attempting to access seems to trigger it to be added to the list. You should now be able to give yourself permissions to use it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stride-r View Post
    Not sure I can explain the why part ...but in my experience, whenever I run into this sort of issue with this Mod, it can usually be fixed by revisitiing the Admin Settings.

Since you used the "update restrictions form" and got an error message, now go to Admin > Admin Settings > Permissions . You will likely now see an entry for the "coupon restrict" form in the list of available Third Party Mods. It probably wasn't visible there earlier when you initially set your perms ...but attempting to access seems to trigger it to be added to the list. You should now be able to give yourself permissions to use it.
    Thanks for the info, you are right and this now works.

Plugin Contributions

Hi im a new to the zen cart Ive got the admin profiles module wokring however one thing I just cant find the answer to? How does the second admin user chnage their password? I can give them the admin privaleges but this second user is then able to also chnage the primary admin's password as well? any solutions?

Page 89 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast