Page 1 of 710 1231151101501 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Image Handler 2 (for ZC v1.3.8 ONLY) Support

Just found out the new forums are in effect ;-) Here's the new support thread for Image Handler 2 picking up where the old support thread left. I assume you have read the IH2 documentation already.

Cheers,
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Handler 2 Support

Heeelp Tim!!

I just installed your last version of IH for ZenCart 1.2.7 and I cannot access my admin site.

When I try to enter my ZC admin, I receive this error.

Code:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_get_small_image() (previously declared in /home/mysite/public_html/shop/includes/functions/extra_functions/functions_images.php:302) in /home/mysite/public_html/shop/includes/functions/extra_functions/functions_bmz_image_handler.php on line 86
    When I enter my front end, I receive this orror:
    Code:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_get_large_image() (previously declared in /home/mango05/public_html/compras/includes/functions/extra_functions/functions_bmz_image_handler.php:95) in /home/mango05/public_html/compras/includes/functions/extra_functions/functions_images.php on line 226
    Can you help me out with this one?

Thanks!
    Mike
    Last edited by MikeX; 18 May 2006 at 05:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded the IH2 with a few promblems but was able to go back through and fix them (I had a previous version installed)...

I have been able to add photos (super quick thank you)...However, I haven't figured out how to add additional images. If I add them like I do the base images, it renames them correctly base_01....but they aren't showing up ???? I searched but couldn't find an answer via the forum or your site....

thank you

Plugin Contributions

I also added this to the IH forums, just to cover my bases.

Thanks for the terrific addon. I won't waste your time. I have B'd-up my site as suggested and have read carefully about not overwriting files. But before I push the IH files to my site via FTP, I wanted to be get some clarity on a something.

If within the IH install .zip, there are files, (.gif's, .jpg's, .php files, css', etc.) that have the very same file name as files currently housed in identical directories on the site, I should move ONLY those files that are different in the IH install .zip to my site?

Naturally, moving identical files over will overwrite what is currently on the site, but I see under the admin/includes/... (purely for example) even images in the IH install .zip are duplicate files names - in some cases - to those on the site.

For instance, does IH need me to upload "icon_xxx.gif" to my site if I already have, in the very same directory, a file named, "icon_xxx.gif?"

This question applies to all duplicate files names I am seeing - not just images. As a matter of fact, icon images are my last concern.

I just don't want to replace even a single file that has a special purpose within my existing site that could be replaced by an IH file that, though named the same, has an entirely different IH-specific function and is thus intended to impact an entirely different string of events.

Thank you in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks anyways, I found the answer in the old thread. I pasted it here so anyone who has the same problem, could be helped.

"You seem to have an old Image Handler 1.x installation before installing IH2. You need to delete the old includes/functions/extra_functions/functions_images.php and admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/functions_images.php."
    I had the old release of Image handler (I didnt even know that). So I just deleted the files indicated above and everything is perfect now.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Why did I open my mouth? Lol!

Problem here:

Images in my site have dissapeared! In my homepage, they are gone, they just appear if I enter a category and not all of them. In the products info pages, I have lost my images too.

In the admin, Im receiving this error when I enter to Catalog/ Categories / Products/ Product:

Code:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: zen_calculate_image_size() in /admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 474
    Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry there is no easier way to update from an old image handler installation to the new one. Some files are not needed anymore and since the resizing went from admin side to the catalog side (on page request), some files in the admin section need to be replaced by their stock zen-cart equivalents.

The most generic way to update from a previous image handler installation would be as follows (I suppose):

Have a look at the old image handler zip. If you don't have it anymore, you should be able to retrieve the latest of the old 1.x releases on the breakmyzencart attic page. Replace every file on your server which matches the ones found inside the zip with it's stock zen-cart version. If there are no stock equivalents, delete them. (Pretty much a deinstallation). You shouldn't need to replace your template files as some functions have been added for backwards compatibility. Then go ahead and install the IH2 release.

I know, this is quite tedious and you might not need to replace all the files but as I said there is no easy way and I just can't know every possible problem that might surface since the possibilities of customizations are many. So apply the steps above with caution and backup your system before you start!

@Scott:There is just one additional icon which image handler needs, the other icons are modified to provide a more consistent look. All other binaries are needed. You can safely skip the duplicate icons and you can safely overwrite those icons, it's your choice. You should check your php files though, if they are already on your server. Image Handler 2 won't work if you miss a file provided in the zip, so you need to either overwrite or merge the matching php files. You can't just upload a part of it.

Kind regards,
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

I'm a dope. Forgot to ask a followup question. With IH for v1.3, I can display multiple images for each product and have each have hover enlargement behavior?

(I need 4 per product in most cases) It's a sports memorabilia frameshop and the client wants the frame and matting choices (4 per product) to have a hover effect. This is doable?
    Last edited by Sc0tt; 18 May 2006 at 11:51 PM.
    I'm broke too, but donate anything! If we all do, the ZC folks will be able to pledge more time to supporting us!!! :)

Plugin Contributions

You can have as many additional images as you want. It is just like stock Zen Cart with server side resizing and a convenient interface to add the additional images.

Cheers,
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by timkroeger
    You can have as many additional images as you want. It is just like stock Zen Cart with server side resizing and a convenient interface to add the additional images.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Thanks for being johnny on the spot with the replies. Yeah, I haven't gotten my head around how this stock multi-image thing works, but it appears I need to name them with the same suffix and put them in respctive folders named, med and lrg. This is my guess anyhow. Hopefully, your UI is money in this area and helps this grasshopper find his way. DANKE!
    I'm broke too, but donate anything! If we all do, the ZC folks will be able to pledge more time to supporting us!!! :)

Page 1 of 710 1231151101501 ... LastLast