Plugin Contributions

Customers Able To Delete Their Account

Is there a way that a customer can just delete their account in a zenstore?

I'd like for customers if they wish to be able to just completely delete their account altoghether. It's a practicality thing. Ie also not to need to notify the store owner also. Just straight-up delete (also with an email verification and confirmation, then kapoot!)

What are peoples thoughts on this, if it's available or some mod that's out??

Regards,

Mike.

(PS: Mostly only also because I don't like needing to have to email then wait for deletion, personally I like to just leave and be gone if a site doesn't suit my needs, and all too often sites either take a long time or just don't delete..)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers Able To Delete Their Account

[QUOTE=tuckerm]Is there a way that a customer can just delete their account in a zenstore?

I'd like for customers if they wish to be able to just completely delete their account altoghether. It's a practicality thing. Ie also not to need to notify the store owner also. Just straight-up delete (also with an email verification and confirmation, then kapoot!)

... Still no help on this one? ie. users being able to have the right to delete their own account from any particular zencart operated store??????????

Plugin Contributions

no this isnt a feature in zen cart,

why would they care about deleting an account,
    and does your local government care about things like breaks in customer and order numbers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by whocaresanyway
    no this isnt a feature in zen cart,

why would they care about deleting an account,
    and does your local government care about things like breaks in customer and order numbers.
    Users have the right to be able to remove their details from another site. As I'm sure you would like to be able to have your details removed from certain places. Would just be simpler, more logical rather than to email the admin al of the time requesting removal. It's common sense and logical. Not whether you or certain people would care or not.

Plugin Contributions

problem is most of these DONT remove your information,
    just change your acces to it

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tuckerm
    Users have the right to be able to remove their details from another site. As I'm sure you would like to be able to have your details removed from certain places. Would just be simpler, more logical rather than to email the admin al of the time requesting removal. It's common sense and logical. Not whether you or certain people would care or not.
    Not sure how far you could go here. You have a customer who buys something and then they want to remove all trace of their transaction. As a store owner I would like to keep records of who buys what & when for warranty & other purposes.

In Oz we have a privacy act that determines what we can do with customers information that we have. Also for gst purposes we need to keep records of customers that buy over $1000.00 on an invoice so they can claim back the gst if they are able to.

There has been some work on a "buy without account" maybe you need a variation of this that doesn't include a visible signup.
    Last edited by gilby; 23 May 2006 at 02:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I would love to have the code. Please post it!

Shelia