Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Analytics update

Is the last </HEAD> tag in the code for step #2 required? Seems to me that that places a second closing head tag, surely not correct?

Having added all of the above, I placed an order and although ganalytics states its 'receiving data' no amount of visits by me to the site are showing up in Google Analytics? Only thing I did different to the above was use the overrides folder for this file
    Code:
    includes/templates/template_default/tpl_checkout_success_default.php
    - I think that path is incorrect, as no such file exists there, so I placed the file here
    Code:
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/MYSTLE/tpl_checkout_success_default.php
    is this correct, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls
    I placed the file here
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/MYSTLE/tpl_checkout_success_default.php is this correct?
    This would be more accurate:
    [FONT="Courier New"]includes/templates/MYSTYLE/templates/tpl_checkout_success_default.php[/FONT]

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte you said:

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    The more effective way to do the step you mentioned above for "includes/templates/your-template/common/html_header.php" is to create a new file called:
    includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/jscript/jscript_google_analytics.php

... and put the code you suggested above into that file instead.

This will make upgrading Zen Cart easier because it won't have touched the html_header.php core file.

Makes perfect sence but how does Zen Cart call the file
    includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/jscript/jscript_google_analytics.php
    that I have just created?

Do I need a line of code some where to call the file?
    Paul
    ######################################################################
    http://kiwisouvenirs.com/

Plugin Contributions

I loose my footer when I paste the code for step #4 (Edit
    includes/templates/template_default/tpl_checkout_success_default.php
    At the very bottom add..."

Should it should be placed directly after the following line?

Code:
    <h3 id="checkoutSuccessThanks" class="centeredContent"><?php echo TEXT_THANKS_FOR_SHOPPING; ?></h3>

</div>

Plugin Contributions

Code:
    <?php
    $ga_orders_id = $db->Execute("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['customer_id'] . "' order by date_purchased desc limit 1");
    $ga_utm_t = $db->Execute("select order_total , order_tax, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_country from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . $ga_orders_id->fields['orders_id'] . "'");
    $ga_utm_t_delivery_country = $db->Execute("select countries_iso_code_2 from " . TABLE_COUNTRIES . " where countries_name = '" . $ga_utm_t->fields['delivery_country'] . "'");
    $ga_utm_t_delivery_state = $db->Execute("select zone_code from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_name = '" . $ga_utm_t->fields['delivery_state'] . "'");
    $ga_utm_t_ship = $db->Execute("select value from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . $ga_orders_id->fields['orders_id'] . "' && class = 'ot_shipping'");
    $ga_utm_i = $db->Execute("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . $ga_orders_id->fields['orders_id'] . "' order by products_name");
    //$ga_utm_i_category = $db->Execute("select categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . $ga_utm_i->fields['products_id'] . "'");
    //$ga_utm_i_category_name = $db->Execute("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . $ga_utm_i_category->fields['categories_id'] . "'");

$ga_utm_i_array = array();
    while (!$ga_utm_i->EOF) {
      $ga_utm_i_array[] = array('product_id' => $ga_utm_i->fields['products_id'],
                   'name' => $ga_utm_i->fields['products_name'],
                   'price' => $ga_utm_i->fields['final_price'],
                   'quantity' => $ga_utm_i->fields['products_quantity'],
       //'category' => $ga_utm_i_category_name->fields['categories_name']
       );
      $ga_utm_i->MoveNext();
     }
    ?>
    <form style="display:none;" name="utmform">
    <textarea id="utmtrans">
    UTM:T|<?php echo $ga_orders_id->fields['orders_id'] . '|' . "zencart" . '|' . $ga_utm_t->fields['order_total'] . '|' . $ga_utm_t->fields['order_tax'] . '|' . substr($ga_utm_t_ship->fields['value'], 0, 4) . '|' . $ga_utm_t->fields['delivery_city'] . '|' . $ga_utm_t_delivery_country->fields['countries_iso_code_2'] . '|' . $ga_utm_t_delivery_state->fields['zone_code']; ?>

<?php $ga_utm_i_array_displayed = array();
    for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($ga_utm_i_array); $i<$n; $i++) {
    if (!in_array($ga_utm_i_array[$i]['products_id'], $ga_utm_i_array_displayed)) {
    echo ' UTM:I|' . $ga_orders_id->fields['orders_id'] . '|' . $ga_utm_i_array[$i]['product_id'] . '|' . $ga_utm_i_array[$i]['name'] . '||' . sprintf("%01.2f", $ga_utm_i_array[$i]['price']) . '|' . $ga_utm_i_array[$i]['quantity'];
       }
     }
    ?>
    For some reason, the code above is not working properly, for me anyway.

It fails to pass the following data to Google Analytics (E-commerce section): City, State, Country & Category.

This is what the output looks like:

UTM:T|4081|Main Store|5.00|2.00|1.00|||
    UTM:I|4081|185|Widget||5.00|1

While according to Google, it could look like this:

UTM:T|4081|Main Store|5.00|2.00|1.00|Toronto|Ontario|Canada
    UTM:I|4081|185|Widget|Widgets & Things|5.00|1

Am I missing something? It seems some of the code is commented out, but un-commenting it has no effect...

Also, Google seems to ignore the submitted data most of the time, it only registered a few transactions, others are not there...

Please help!

Dan G.

www.NotebookSolutions.ca
    Last edited by DanTheMan; 2 Aug 2006 at 08:08 AM.

Plugin Contributions

^^^ same here... it was working for me but hasn't picked up a sale over the past week. I removed it for now - at least I got my footer back

Plugin Contributions

Google analytics works for me using the settings above, however I don't get any data on any sales, so something is not quite right at my end of things either. Other than the lack of sales reports the analytics is superb ... just wish I could make the sales show up too

Plugin Contributions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12