Plugin Contributions

Default Product listing changes

i can't bring up an old topic so i guess i'll make another one *sigh*

this is the old thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33670

bascially since i've gotten 470 items up there now i have to do some overhauling. i'm not happy about it but when are you when it comes to work ;)

well, i still need to organzie the product_listing.php file to show first by the manufacturer and all thier associated items and then goto the next manufacturer.

i know there is a way of course but i'm having troubles figuring out what is what and where is where so starting is a little difficult here.

i understand that it's really only printing out the 3 rows for each product and goes until there is none left. i dno't know how to have it so that i print out the Manufacturer first (i'm guessing before almost anything) and then doing the listing waiting to see the next manufacturer?

i'm lost here. can i get some help? or did anyone already start something like this? i really do need the help

thanx

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product listing changes

this is what it looks like now

i'm trying to do this:

now i understand more and more how this thing works. i see that i can have the Manufacturer name show up which is great. it does alot what i want already but i wanted to have it work like the second. have it seperated.

secondly, is there a way to have it the display order by manufacturer and then alphabetical by that?

lastly, you can move this to configuration. i got confused by the new layout

thank you

Plugin Contributions

ok, i don't regularly use multiple tables so i'm having a bit of difficulty doing this.

i'm trying to get the product descrption related to whichever manufacturer_id. this way i can set up the:

borla
    model_number desctiption image

ford racing

so far i'm basically using the while loop in the product_listing.php file and running thru it that way and putting it in to the 2 dimential array.

can someone point me in the right direction?

Plugin Contributions

i can't edit so i'll add one more entry for a second. i want everyone to know where i am because i know someone out there somewhere might want something very similar to this.

currentlyi'm having trouble with getting it to get all the product names from the that one manufacturer. currently i can either print all the products again under each manufacturer or just print the first item of thiers.

here is the code so far. i'm a little sick and dizzy so that might be a reason i'm not getting it quite done but that's never an excuse. here's the code:

for ($i = 0; $i < $listing_split->number_of_rows; $i++)
    {
    if ($list_box_contents[$i][1]['text'] == $list_box_contents[$i+1][1]['text'])
    continue;
    else
    {
    echo '<b>'.$list_box_contents[$i][1]['text']."</b><br>..... ";
    //for ($j = 0; $j < $listing_split->number_of_rows; $j++)
    echo $list_box_contents[$i][2]['text'].' <BR> ';
    }
    //for ($i = 0; $i < sizeof($list_box_contents); $i++)
    /*print_r(($i).': '.(string)$list_box_contents[$i][1]['text'].' - ');
    print_r((string)$list_box_contents[$i][0]['text'].' - ');
    print_r((string)$list_box_contents[$i][2]['text'].'<BR>');*/
    }

Plugin Contributions

well i got it to work just fine. i'm going to have it tho so that it actually displays it within the tables later 2moro. it was enough work trying to get this nasty ########## to work the way that i wanted.

after i get it to work with all the details (i removed image, description for debugging and ease of read) back in and working correctly i'll be putting it up for everyone to use. it's a nice addition i think. but does modify code. no biggie, that's what back ups are for

Plugin Contributions

Pulleys- Misc Sort by:
    AFM
    AF-0701 - AFM '86-93 Billet Belt Tensioner

ASP
    510250 - ASP 2.50 inch 10 Rib Blower Pulley for '79-95 Mustang 5.0 with V
    510050 - ASP 2.50 inch 8 Rib Blower Pulley for '79-95 Mustang 5.0 with Vo

Vortech
    2A036-287 - Vortech 2.87 inch 6-RIB PULLEY

this is what the categories look like now. today i'm going to try to put them into the boxes like before without having to make my own box. that would be terrible IMO. but in all honety i could. seeing as the include is at the bottom.

this is a picture of what i've got so far. it's right above the regular look of the categories and that start is with the orangebox:
    http://www.poweredbyford.com/new_look.gif

it's big so i didn't put it to show within the post :). but it's small (gif) so you should be ok

this is how it works so far:

within the big if check it reads the number of rows, checks to see if the text within the second array index (manufacturer) is the same as the next:
    $list_box_contents[$i][1]['text'] == $list_box_contents[$i+1][1]['text']

if so it just prints out the text for the model number and the corresonding name text. otherwise it'll print out the manufacter name and then the model number and text :). make it a link too like normal.

now to get that sucker to print the way that i want within the boxes and i'm set

if anyone has an idea as of how to do that i'm welcome to suggestions. i plan to make this a user contributale thing so everyone can use it

Plugin Contributions

i've actually gotten pretty damned far but now i can't seem to figure this out. i'm trying to get it to end the table and then restart after the next manufaterer. i tried if the current != $row+2 and that works i just can't stop and restart the table. i'm halfway thinking of redoing the whole thing but it's not completely correct because the 'new products are completely screwed up.

so if anyone has any ideas, please tell me

this is my current progress

www.poweredbyford.com/untitled.GIF

Plugin Contributions

well i figured it all out. right now some of it is hardcoded but i'll fixe up the rest of the code later.

it still does the even/odd crap, i can have images,cart,model number,name in there.

the images were screwing me up. it wan't until i tried to sort() it did i figure out the problems. well i would go more into it but it seems that no one really cares so i'll just let it be and let this thread die. i just wanted to say that i got it done and it's working completley

*horray for me*