Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Install failure during "store setup" section

i have a dreamhost account and i've installed zencart onto my domain with their "one-click install." dreamhost then sent me an email with a link to the configuration/installation page [zc_install.php] along with all of the configuration information to fill in.

THE PROBLEM: when i get to the "store setup" page, it will not finish loading. i can fill out the "store name," "store owner," and "store owner email" sections, but the country section stops at "congo." aside from the page header, this page does not finish loading - no left-sidebar, or footer, or white background.

because of this i cannot access the "admin" area of zen cart, as the "admin setup" configuration page follows the "store setup" page that will not work for me.

i've tried removing the program from my domain and re-installing it, but i get the same problem. i've also tried to run the zc_install from IE and it doesn't work at all - it freezes when i try to install. [i've been using use firefox].

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Install failure during "store setup" section

I'm guessing that somehow the set of installation files that dreamhost is providing to you may be corrupt.

You could grab the latest Zen Cart code ( http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=171544 ) and then use your own FTP program to upload the /zc_install folder to your server, overwriting the files already there.

You should contact Dreamhost tech support and notify them of the problem you're experiencing, esp if re-uploading the zc_install files helps.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There have been a few complaints lately, via these forums, on hosting zencart with Dreamhost.. might be an idea to check the recommended list of hosts via link on main zencart page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    I'm guessing that somehow the set of installation files that dreamhost is providing to you may be corrupt.

You could grab the latest Zen Cart code ( http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=171544 ) and then use your own FTP program to upload the /zc_install folder to your server, overwriting the files already there.

this resolved the issue - many thanks!