Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Re: multigeo multizone please

Firstly thanks for the contribution it is great and so far easy to setup..except I can't get the Geo zone to pick up the zone (State) of the customer on check out.... it only gives me the same Zone (State) regardless of the customer's address...

Here's how it is setup so far:

Module has been installed without headache.
    • Updated the config files and setup with 8 Geo Zones and 2 Tables in each (Usually Metro / Regional for each Australian States)
    • Updated the Shipping Module Shipping File to reflect that and uploaded. along with the other files.
    • I then setup a new GeoZone in 'Zone Definition' called Shp: Australian States and put the 8 States in it choosing from the available list when inserting new zone.
    • I then Updated accordingly the Shipping Module in Admin to reflect that. (Attached each listed Geo Zone to the 'Shp: Australian States' zone and applied the tables.

But every test purchase comes up with the same zones every-time (the last one, 8???)

What am I doing wrong, did I miss something?
    Is there a way to nominate in the Shipping Module which Zone each Geo-zone shipping detail belong to?

Please help....

the URL at present of the site is www.go-home.com.au/showroom/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: multigeo multizone please

You've only made 1 geo zone definition, which includes the whole of Australia.

If you want to split Australia into 8 geo zones, then that is precisely what you have to do: create 8 unique geo zone definitions

The module does not require a degree in rocket science to operate, but it does require a little sense ;)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your help, it is all good now, great contribution ;)

Cheers
    Stephane

Plugin Contributions

Hello

I am being an idiot somewhere along the line.

I have installed this module ran the royal mail script then the multi geo zone script.

I want the shipping to be price based

For Royal Mail Uk

I have shipping table 1

199.99:1.17, 200:0

shipping table 2

5000;4.50

however in my basket the rates are showing as 0

I want orders up to £199.99 = £1.17 order £200 and over free

but with the option that for order upto £5000 next day delivery will be £4.50

Totally stuck - I managed to install this on another site with no problems

Only items to test with are here:

http://paulalindsay.bpweb.net/index....ndex&cPath=1_6

Any help appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Just another question!

Why won't the zones I created show up in Multigeo-Multizone?

I have one zone for all the US and one for everything else.

Is there a Multigeo-Multizone zone sql for Canada?

Thanks for any help!

Shelia

Plugin Contributions

Still trying to find out what went wrong with my install of the geo zones module - for some reason all the infomation had went into the zones tables in shipping - have removed these but to no avail??

The only difference between this install and the previous one which worked fine is that this store has the advanced attributes controller.

Help - this is now not working doesn't and I need it - not 100% sure how I uninstall and reinstall (and yup having used this module before I didn't back up before running this..ho hum )

Plugin Contributions

Default Can MZMT do this?

My client has two types of products, small and large. All products are shipped at a flat rate per product. Small items (videos) are shipped via US Postal Service and larger items are shipped via UPS. Customers do not get to choose since the drop shipper only offers these choices. This currently works just fine for the continental U.S. with the per unit module set up to use the product shipping weight as the actual shipping amount in $. This is not ideal but it works. Unfortunately, I don't think this method will work for multiple geo zones (Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico).

My client now wants to offer shipping rates for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico but those are also set at a different flat rate amounts per product as determined by the drop shipper.

To complicate things further, it needs to be set up so that when you purchase one video, the shipping is $4.00. If you buy two videos, the first is $4.00 shipping and quantities greater than one are shipped at $2.00 for each after the first, e.g. 1st video = $4 shipping, 2nd video = $2.00 shipping, total shipping for two videos = $6.00, 3 videos = $4+$2+$2=$8. ( I currently have something working that accomplishes this using a combination of per unit/per weight unit as the shipping amount and the handling fee thanks to Ajeh's help)

I have seen many recommendations for the MZMT contribution since it is so flexible but feel a bit stupid since I can't seem to figure out how to make it work or configure it properly on my test server. I am not sure if this is what I need or if I need to seek a different solution.

Would MZMT allow me to do these kinds of shipping configurations? If not, any suggestions on how I might accomplish the above configuration for different geo zones?

Thanks,

cpk

Plugin Contributions

Hey Peanut77

I think your tables are the problem, try:

shipping table 1

0:1.17,199.99:0

shipping table 2

0:4.50

s

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can MZMT do this?

You can custmize your Shipping Modules ...

Take item.php ... 2 files to customize:
    /includes/modules/shipping/item.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/item.php
    Copy to the files:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usperitems.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usperitems.php
    Global replace item with usperitems ...

Global replace ITEM with USPERITEMS ...

WARNING: be aware free_shipping_items does not get touched ...

Next make one for Alaska, Hawaii, etc.
    Copy to the files:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usperitemsislands.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usperitemsislands.php
    Do basically the same on global replace but with usperitemsislands case sensative

On usperitems set Handling to 2.00 and Per Item charge to 2.00

This makes 1st product $4.00 and additional +$2.00

Make your Zones for these Shipping Modules ...

Once all done, you have your separate shipping modules for each area ...

NOTE: check MZMT and see if that doesn't have built in a per item charge like this as it would be easier and more flexible to use that if it does ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can MZMT do this?

I considered cloning the shipping module as I have seen you recommend it to others before but since I am using the product shipping weight as the actual shipping dollar amount, I didn't think that cloning the shipping module would work. I thought MZMT might offer me more control over different products and regions.

What I need is the ability to have a specific shipping price for each individual product for shipment to continental U.S. and different price for each product for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico (which would be considered the same region since individual product pricing is the same for AK,HI, PR).

What complicates this further is that I also have to have the ability to offer reduced shipping pricing for customers who purchase more than one video and have that discount apply only to shipping on videos. That is why I provided the example in my first post.

The solution you recommended in the other post works fine for one region but I am at a loss as to how to provide different shipping amounts for different geo zones since I have used the individual products shipping weight field for each product for the continental U.S. region already.

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought I might have to switch to another shipping mod entirely to accomplish this and MZMT looked like it might be the solution but I am unsure if I can set a table rate for every product in each geo zone.

Thanks,

cpk

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast