Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Using multiple images per product

In this:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=52

Is there something I should know about configuring my products to display multiple images? I ask b/c I cannot get my products to display multiple images no matter what I do, nor do I see an option in the admin panel to allow for mutilple images per product.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using multiple images per product

What are your image names and the directories that you have put them in for this Product?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    What are your image names and the directories that you have put them in for this Product?
    they vary. If there is a formal way for the admin panel to identify a given product as having multiple images, I will act accordingly. I just don't think I follow the instructions.

Is there some formula that the admin panel (backend php) looks for and if so, can I get the how-to dumb;d down a bit - sort of paint by numbers?

If this reply doesn't help, I will gladly supply more information. I am so eager to get this multiple image thing behind me. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Search for images/medium ...

Lots and lots of long stories on how to manage images for small, medum, large, additional and extra additional ...

You load 1 in the Admin ... you FTP all the rest ... 'tis magic ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    Search for images/medium ...

Lots and lots of long stories on how to manage images for small, medum, large, additional and extra additional ...

You load 1 in the Admin ... you FTP all the rest ... 'tis magic ...
    Love this reply. the magic part is awesome. Anyhow, I got it using IH for v1.3. Have a look. It's got some doing left to go, but I'm getting my head more and more around ZC.

http://legendsgallery.net/ecomm/catalog
    I'm broke too, but donate anything! If we all do, the ZC folks will be able to pledge more time to supporting us!!! :)

Plugin Contributions

Looking good ...
    Linda McGrath

For those who don't want to do FTP etc.

Let us say the base image of the product is called xyz.jpg

Name the other images of the same product as xyz_01.jpg, xyz_02.jpg, xyz_03.jpg etc. in the sequence in which you want them to appear. For larger image of any image the name should be xyz_LRG.jpg, xyz_01_LRG.jpg etc.
    etc.

Now go into the product edit page and upload one image at a time. Make sure that the Base image (xyz.jpg) is uploaded the last. Other images can be loaded in any sequence.

You can load the same image multiple times with no harmful impact. Make sure that you end the uploading process with the base image. Even if you have already loaded the base image earlier you need to upload it again at the end.

CP
    http://################################.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cploonker View Post

Name the other images of the same product as xyz_01.jpg, xyz_02.jpg, xyz_03.jpg etc. in the sequence in which you want them to appear. For larger image of any image the name should be xyz_LRG.jpg, xyz_01_LRG.jpg etc.
    etc.

Now go into the product edit page and upload one image at a time. Make sure that the Base image (xyz.jpg) is uploaded the last. Other images can be loaded in any sequence.

You can load the same image multiple times with no harmful impact. Make sure that you end the uploading process with the base image. Even if you have already loaded the base image earlier you need to upload it again at the end.

CP

FINALLY! Something that makes sense & works! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I have a range of products that are based around the same name:

105/850 LW
    105/850 LW CNC
    105/805 LW Photo

The page for the first item is showing two extra images at the bottom; one is the LW CNC and the other LW Photo.

Now, as much as they are very similar they are not the same.

How do I stop this happening without going in and renaming all examples of products that exhibit this naming structure (there are a lot though not all are showing multiple images - something to do with how I uploaded them perhaps).

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cploonker View Post

etc.

CP
    Wow Thanks so much, I have been stressing over this for too long. Your assistance is very much appreciated!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast