Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using multiple images per product

brilliant post makes it so easy. well done that zenner
    I've been Zenned

Plugin Contributions

Thanks I have tried doing this multiple times but am unable to have multiple images show per product
    Please help! I have image handler installed in zencart ... could this be causing the problem?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by cploonker View Post
    For those who don't want to do FTP etc.

Let us say the base image of the product is called xyz.jpg

Name the other images of the same product as xyz_01.jpg, xyz_02.jpg, xyz_03.jpg etc. in the sequence in which you want them to appear. For larger image of any image the name should be xyz_LRG.jpg, xyz_01_LRG.jpg etc.
    etc.

Now go into the product edit page and upload one image at a time. Make sure that the Base image (xyz.jpg) is uploaded the last. Other images can be loaded in any sequence.

You can load the same image multiple times with no harmful impact. Make sure that you end the uploading process with the base image. Even if you have already loaded the base image earlier you need to upload it again at the end.

CP
    http://################################.com

I don't even know what FTP is.and how do you load one image at a time.do you browse then click on preview then update then go back and load another one? i have been working on this for nine hours and did it right once and can't figure how i did it.please please help me. I am so frustrated. and explain it as if you assume i do not know anything.i am supposed to be gifted but right now I feel pretty ignorant. Debbie muslimtoysanddolls.com 866 390 1559 toll free if you have the time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zeussez View Post
    Thanks I have tried doing this multiple times but am unable to have multiple images show per product
    Please help! I have image handler installed in zencart ... could this be causing the problem?

Thanks again
    The additional images need to be the same type as the main image, eg all jpegs or all gifs

Image handler will not effect the multiple images showing. infact imagehandler provides a way of uploading the additional images it also names them correctly if you do this.

Also we are not psychic, (some of us may be borderline psychotic, but that another story), so a link to your site preferably a product that has additional images that are not showing,

Also the actual name of the product image and a direct link to it, helps us to figure out if the issue is a naming problem

so basically
    1) link to your problem page on your site
    2) name of image (and direct link to it)
    3) name you have called the additional image

The reason we ask for these is that, additional images may not show because

1) Named incorrectly
    2) Some templates don't provide for additional images
    3) additional images may not be turned on in admin (there is a setting that set s the number of images per product or something like that?)

Those are ranked from most likely to least likely, at least from my experience
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dharbi123 View Post
    I don't even know what FTP is.and how do you load one image at a time.do you browse then click on preview then update then go back and load another one? i have been working on this for nine hours and did it right once and can't figure how i did it.please please help me. I am so frustrated. and explain it as if you assume i do not know anything.i am supposed to be gifted but right now I feel pretty ignorant. Debbie muslimtoysanddolls.com 866 390 1559 toll free if you have the time.
    your hosting company should have given you ftp details

you can download free ftp software like filezilla (get the client version), then you would just upload the correctly named images to your zencart /images/ folder
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

what do you mean by correctly named images.can't i name them what i want like doll.jpg doll_1.jpg doll_2.jpg?

Plugin Contributions

"Correctly named" means that the aditional images need to have names based on the main image name. The main image can be anything. So a main image doll.jpg could have additional images doll_1.jpg and doll_2.jpg. But you need to make the main image names all distinct from each other. dollbaby.jpg would be seen as another additional image for doll.jpg, no matter what you intended.
    But dollbaby.jpg would be distinct from dolls.jpg, because dollbaby does not begin with dolls.
    Last edited by gjh42; 14 Apr 2011 at 04:55 AM.

thank you everyone i figured it out.i can add multiple pictures.

Plugin Contributions

Name the other images of the same product as xyz_01.jpg, xyz_02.jpg, xyz_03.jpg etc. in the sequence in which you want them to appear. For larger image of any image the name should be xyz_LRG.jpg, xyz_01_LRG.jpg etc.
    etc.

Now go into the product edit page and upload one image at a time. Make sure that the Base image (xyz.jpg) is uploaded the last. Other images can be loaded in any sequence.

You can load the same image multiple times with no harmful impact. Make sure that you end the uploading process with the base image. Even if you have already loaded the base image earlier you need to upload it again at the end.

CP
    Another thank you from a new Zenner. I "accidentally" had multiple images on some products and could not figure out how to do it intentionally. Thank you!
    HipDock.com -This is my first site. Version 1.3.9h. LightBox Add-On March 2011. Thanks for your patience and help!

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, this is not working for me. When follow the direction below, it only replaces the image and additional images are not showing.

My site was working before the upgrade to 1.3.9h.

Is there a module where I can just install and get this working?

Any other suggestions?

etc.

CP

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast