Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Using multiple images per product

Hello! I am under the impression that displaying multiple images is build in to ZC v1.5 however it's not working for me, sigh!

So here's what I have... product with image named image.png, then I've ftp'd a new image named image2.png; both are in the images/products/ folder.

The main image shows as expected but the second is no where to be found. When looking at the code, the block is empty:
    <!--bof Additional Product Images -->
    <!--eof Additional Product Images -->

Where to begin????

Thanks,
    Leslie
    I was floating in a peaceful sea...rescued by a sinking ship.

Plugin Contributions

Multiple images have been part of Zen Cart for about ten years, and the system has not changed. What do you have in admin > Catalog > Product Types > Product-General > edit layout > Show Product Additional Images ?

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Multiple images have been part of Zen Cart for about ten years...
    Thanks! SO many great things about Zen Cart!!!! (Curious as to why there are addons that offer additional images if this has been here so long????)

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    What do you have in admin > Catalog > Product Types > Product-General > edit layout > Show Product Additional Images ?
    This setting is set to "True".

Plugin Contributions

A couple of people have posted different methods of loading/using additional images, which they think are better or easier. It's a matter of taste and style. There are also some extensions to the display of additional images.

Your image description sounds like you are doing it right, so I wonder if your template has some custom tweak that disables them. Commercial templates have been known to do that sort of thing, overriding admin settings to remove the ability to use some stock feature that the designer doesn't want in their layout. What template do you have? Seeing your site live might help us advise.

What happens if you put images in the base /images/ folder?

I tried putting the image files in the /images/ folder and it's working. It could be really messy to put all the images into the main directory, is there code that can be changed so the additional images will look at the folder structure?

I'm using the "Alysa Rounded" template from the addons section, template modifications were to the images & stylesheets and maybe a few other cosmetic things.

Not sure you need this, but:
    Site: www.LunaBugSoap.com
    DEV Site: dev.LunaBugSoap.com - product with additional image: http://dev.lunabugsoap.com/index.php...roducts_id=199

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,

Thank you for your reply ... gulp... lol. I needed to create the new products for dynamic pricing for the sale of precious metals and as a new zenner I didn't realize that I needed all the fruit until the products were all done all

Steve

Plugin Contributions

I'm glad you got the additional images working in the main /images/ folder; but they should also work when both product image and additional images are in a subfolder of /images/. Medium and large images, if you use subfolders, do need to be organized like /images/medium/products/ and /images/large/products/, not /images/products/medium/ and /images/products/large/. That doesn't appear to be your issue from the info you have posted. It is conceivable that your template has modified the stock image handling, but it looks like a picaflor template which I understand to be well-behaved. The /images/WildThings.png and /images/WildThings2.png are working fine; do you have an example on the dev site that is not working?

Plugin Contributions

This thread is Fantastic!! Really helped and was not as hard as I thought!!

Plugin Contributions

This thread is ok, but it doesn't answer the basic issue

admin>catalogue>product types>Edit Layout is always empty

So you can never change "Show Additional Images = 0" to 1 since the page and database seem to be missing a value

I even checked a brand new default install of zencart and the admin page is blank on that install as well, so its not something in my shop that is altered by me or my theme or any added modules or customisations..

What to add and how do I add the values Show Additional Images = 0 or Show Additional Images = 1 to the admin page admin>catalogue>product types>Edit Layout do I manually add something to the mysql ?

Does anyone have anything on that page admin>catalogue>product types>Edit Layout what does it display ?

Plugin Contributions

There is something wrong with your setup, because my site gives a whole page of options for Catalog > Product Types > Product-General > edit layout.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast