Thread: Auction Mod

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auction Mod

Gonewild,

Just getting back to this: I have no reference to Auction Manager anywhere, which suggests I have missed some install step, or the SQL patch has not worked. Any thoughts at all?

Plugin Contributions

I found the link to Auction Manager - hidden by my toolbar. Got it installed, but major woes. I have read the archived discussion, but posted a new topic in this forum in the hope of getting a response. Not going well. I would appreciate any help in regard to my new topic, as I will have to abandon the exercise if I can't move pretty quickly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by godt
    I found the link to Auction Manager - hidden by my toolbar. Got it installed, but major woes. I have read the archived discussion, but posted a new topic in this forum in the hope of getting a response. Not going well. I would appreciate any help in regard to my new topic, as I will have to abandon the exercise if I can't move pretty quickly.
    Check the original auction thread in the archives. There are some files that are not in the auction install pack. You can either add the files to the correct folders or change the path in the script that calls for them. I don't remember exactly which files but I detailed how I solved the same problem in the old thread.

Plugin Contributions

anyone have a workable action mod? I have d/l 3 and tryed them all and cant get them to work.right now i have product types installed and get this error=

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/comfies/public_html/index/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_default.php on line 42

also the entire right side is missing. I have a virgin cart and just uploaded all of the action to the ftp and followed the rest of the instructuions.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

winning bidder email...... anyyyyy fixes...anyone found out...

i did add the attributes to the auction as well as little fixes in the BUY NOW.

currently, trying to figure out how to fix the email notification.
    also, when the customer win the auction and pay for it, it still show him the PAY NOW. i.e. he can buy(pay for) the auction twice...
    any help is greatly appreciated...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chac416
    winning bidder email...... anyyyyy fixes...anyone found out...

i did add the attributes to the auction as well as little fixes in the BUY NOW.

currently, trying to figure out how to fix the email notification.
    also, when the customer win the auction and pay for it, it still show him the PAY NOW. i.e. he can buy(pay for) the auction twice...
    any help is greatly appreciated...
    The last upload version fixed most of the email problems. Maybe you do not have the newest version. You need "Zen-Auctions_93" (I think that was the latest). All the emails work for me except when a reserve price is used. Then the last bidder is notified as winner whether the reserve is met or not. Of course this is not OK. I don't know how to fix it and since I need the reserve price feature I have not been able to actually use the auction yet. I think as long as you don't use the reserve price the emails work a-ok.

Plugin Contributions

i am using the latest... by manage-it (094)

the email isn't working for me. i have to use a reserve price for all my auctions.
    i will give a try without a reserve price and see what happens..
    p.s. you can send manual email to the winning bidder.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chac416
    i am using the latest... by manage-it (094)

the email isn't working for me. i have to use a reserve price for all my auctions.
    i will give a try without a reserve price and see what happens..
    p.s. you can send manual email to the winning bidder.
    I don't know the version you have. What Zen version are you on 1.26 or 1.3?
    I can't send a manual email because the auction closing email is tied into the outbid notice and sent at the close of auction automatically.
    I'm not sure as well but when there are no bidders on a reserve auction the set of bidders from the previously closed auction are notified that they won or lost eventhough they never bid in the closing auction.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auction Mod email notification & reserve ...

im not sure, but i think i found something about this email notification and it's relation to the reserve price...

in class.productAuction.php on line 51 & 52 we have:

$sql = "SELECT customers_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_AUCTION . "
    WHERE customers_bid >= " . $auction->fields['bid_reserve_price'] . " ORDER BY customers_bid DESC LIMIT 1";

now notice that it compares customers_bid with bid_reserve price FROM Table_product_auction (i.e. table > zen_products_auctions in db)

but but but,
    there's no bid_reserve_price in zen_products_auctions
    bid_reserve_price is in table "zen_product_auction_extra"

thus, it comparing the customers_bid to nothing...
    -----

please look into it guys and let me know if im right or not... else i need couple more beers
    p.s. if im right, i need help in sql to make it compare 2 fields in 2 different tables.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

does anyone have this mod installed on their site, i would like to see it running before I install and try to fix issues?

Pete
    FORUM:
    # a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
    #An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.
    # a public facility to meet for open discussion

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast