Upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.0.1 worked, but now admin/index.php causes php to crash

I have upgraded a development system on my PC from 1.3.0 to 1.3.0.1. It worked and upgrade of code and database seems to have run cleanly.

The catalog is working as expected (I'm still checking)
    admin/index.php causes php to crash and
    I can hit admin/admin.php (and any other admin/*.php file) and it doesn't ask me to log in

1) what's the problem with admin/index.php?
    2) Has hitting an admin URL always bypassed the admin login?

Installation methodology:
    a) unzipped the upgrade file
    b) copied contents (files & directories) to zencart install location (c:/servers/apache2/htdocs/zencart)
    c) ran the zc_install - used the upgrade button

php 4.4.2
    mysql 5.0.18-nt
    Apache 2.0

Thoughts?

Bob

Default Re: Upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.0.1 worked, but now admin/index.php causes php to crash

Hi,

I've pulled the error log..here's the error php is throwing during the authentication process (logging into the admin tools)

[Thu May 18 17:27:37 2006] [error] [client 192.168.1.100] Premature end of script headers: php.exe, referer: http://192.168.1.100/zencart/admin/l...b7b4992416c7e9

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.0.1 worked, but now admin/index.php causes php to crash

Try turning version checking off. Look in admin/includes/local/skip_version_check.ini

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Going to various admin pages without logging in first should force you to login. This is controlled by the admin/includes/application_top.php. Perhaps this file needs re-uploading or re-unzipping.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Hi,

New information...I've reinstalled using the full installation (1.3.0.1) and used my current database (which the installation process cleared - i think) and I still have this issue with my installation.

I haven't looked at the ini file recommendation. That's next.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Bob

Hi,

Turning off version checking did the trick. Login behavior is now working as it should.

Thanks