Thread: AUSTPost module

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AUSTPost module

Why when i try and add the 500g satchels as a postage option does it come out with an error saying it cannot calculate cost?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Antheia View Post
    Why when i try and add the 500g satchels as a postage option does it come out with an error saying it cannot calculate cost?
    Two possible reasons. 1. The item(s) in the shopping cart weigh more than 500gm, or 2. The items in the shopping cart exceed the dimensions of the 500gm bags.

Rgds
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Two possible reasons. 1. The item(s) in the shopping cart weigh more than 500gm, or 2. The items in the shopping cart exceed the dimensions of the 500gm bags.

Rgds
    Rod
    Both those reasons do not apply. It is under 500g and the dimentions are fine.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Antheia View Post
    Both those reasons do not apply. It is under 500g and the dimentions are fine.
    I apologise in advance for not believing you, but those really are the only two reasons for the prepaid satchels to not show (assuming they've been enabled), so that means what YOU think are the weights and dimensions being used are not the same as what the shopping cart is seeing. The most common causes of this is failure to take the tare weights into consideration, or using the wrong weihting scale (gms vs kgs).

The default tare weight is 3kg, and from what I've seen in the server logs, your are (or were) still using this default.

I've just had a look at your store and added one of your products to a cart and have noticed you now appear to have corrected this with a tare weight of 40gms and that the dimensions are quite valid, so I can only assume that you currently have the prepaid satchel options disabled?

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    i downloaded the Aust post module and have found all the folders except for the catalog folder and custom folder. do i need to create a directory for these? if so where should i put it? under includes?

should i create a custom folder under templates the same as template_default? it seem to have the matching files.

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

I seem to be having a different problem, when going through checkout this is the error, it has only occurred after upgrading to 1.3.8

AustPost (ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server.
    You may still checkout using this method and we will contact you with postage costs as soon as possible.):

It does show the prepaid bag but for 3kg when the item is only .45kg in the cart.
    ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by emosun1 View Post
    Hi,
    i downloaded the Aust post module and have found all the folders except for the catalog folder and custom folder. do i need to create a directory for these? if so where should i put it? under includes?

should i create a custom folder under templates the same as template_default? it seem to have the matching files.

Many thanks
    Please read the INSTALL.txt file that is supplied with the distribution files.

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but the fact that you are asking this tells me that you are getting way ahead of youself. There are many more customisations and cool things for you to play with before you should even consider playing with boring stuff such as the postage modules. Your fun learning experience with these other addons will prepare the way for the more complex modules (such as AustPost).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gabbytwin View Post
    I seem to be having a different problem, when going through checkout this is the error, it has only occurred after upgrading to 1.3.8

AustPost (ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server.
    You may still checkout using this method and we will contact you with postage costs as soon as possible.):

It does show the prepaid bag but for 3kg when the item is only .45kg in the cart.
    ?
    Uninstall and reinstall the AP module (to ensure the database tables are up to date).
    Check your TARE weights.
    Check your kgs/gms settings.
    Check your default parcel dimensions
    Check the individual product dimensions.

Rgds,
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

This is a new question!

I only want to use 500G & 3KG postage bags, but of course when it goes over the weight limit it shows the no postage option message...

ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server.
    You may still checkout using this method and we will contact you with postage costs as soon as possible

All items sold will fit into either 500g or 3kg bags. Is there a way to make it so when the amount of items overflow the weight or volume of one bag a new one can be added on to the postage price.

For example 10 items can be stuffed into one 3kg bag, but if someone wants to purchase 12 then the austpost module will allow the cost for 1x3kg bag + 1 x500g bag.

I hope this makes sense.

Danny
    http://www.dpwebdesign.com.au Version 1.3.8 installed

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by danpoole View Post
    This is a new question!

I only want to use 500G & 3KG postage bags, but of course when it goes over the weight limit it shows the no postage option message...

ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server.
    You may still checkout using this method and we will contact you with postage costs as soon as possible

All items sold will fit into either 500g or 3kg bags. Is there a way to make it so when the amount of items overflow the weight or volume of one bag a new one can be added on to the postage price.

For example 10 items can be stuffed into one 3kg bag, but if someone wants to purchase 12 then the austpost module will allow the cost for 1x3kg bag + 1 x500g bag.

I hope this makes sense.

Danny
    Can't do much about the size constraints (at least not without a lot more complex coding), but you can have your items divided by the weight constraints by manipulating the "Maximum Package Weight you will ship" setting under the shipping & packaging options.
    If you set this to "3000" (if weighing in gms) then any items/parcels weighing more than this will be split into multiple parcels *before* being passed over to the Australia Post module.

Thats the theory.

In practice, I've never actually tried it so I can't say for sure whether your quotes will be accurate or not. They *should* be correct.

Cheers
    Rod

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast