Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting Up a Wholesale & Retail Store

i didn't bother with installing the dual pricing module as it seemed like to much trouble as my site is allready very customized, but i'm curious about the tax exemption module

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fraso View Post
    I see that the Dual Pricing - Wholesale Pricing download (modified with Harmeet's changes) allows a customer to be set up as a wholesale customer who is tax-exempt. However, the Tax Exemption Status download seems to do something similar.

I would like to set my store up as follows:
    • retail prices shown to the general public.
    • wholesale prices shown only to wholesale customers once they have logged-in.
    • wholesale customers are exempt from paying provincial retail sales tax once they provide their tax exemption number.
    • quantity-based discounts for wholesale customers and possibly also for retail customers.
    What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Frank
    This is exactly what we are looking for except that we are located in California USA and we would be having our wholesale customers to be exempt from CA sales tax once they provide their seller's permit.

Did you find a solution. I have looked at the dual pricing and other modules but none seem to do exactly what we need and I am afraid of combining them as I am scared of breaking my shop.

We really only want to give discounts to our wholesale customers that we want to approve first and only on a quantity discount basis.

Any help?????

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by supersnow View Post
    This is exactly what we are looking for except that we are located in California USA and we would be having our wholesale customers to be exempt from CA sales tax once they provide their seller's permit.

Did you find a solution. I have looked at the dual pricing and other modules but none seem to do exactly what we need and I am afraid of combining them as I am scared of breaking my shop.

We really only want to give discounts to our wholesale customers that we want to approve first and only on a quantity discount basis.

Any help?????
    I am also in the US and we are just now setting up our zen site. Those of us who sell to both retail clients and resellers have some rather unique requirements. In addition to taxable and untaxable customers, our resellers use their own shipping accounts and I have not found a provision to allow a client to store a default shipping method and shipping account number.

Also we offer a global 30% discount to our retail clients but our resellers get a larger discount. If for example a reseller gets 40% off retail, I expected their 40% discount to replace the 30% global disount. It turns out that we must enter their discount as 14.3% so the total of 30% less 14.3% is equal to 40% off the retail price. This gets very confusing for multiple discount levels. If our 30% discount were not global, we would really have a serious problem.

A statement like (IF CustomerDisccount > Discount THEN Discount=CustomerDiscount) were implemented that would solve the problem.

Anyone have solutions or suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

After reading the Dual Pricing module text. It appears that it actually requires two prices per item. I am looking for different % discounts depending on client type. Am I correct that the Dual Pricing module is NOT what I am looking for?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Charge only one tax from resellers

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=408019

Latest version of Customer Tax Exempt which allows administrator to set tax exemption per tax, per customer.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=408019

Latest version of Customer Tax Exempt which allows administrator to set tax exemption per tax, per customer.
    I installed this and it is a great MOD!!!
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! All posts regarding that module should now be posted in this thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=408019

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I did a quick and not integrated solution when I couldn't get the Tax exemption module working and I realized that it just basically subtracted the tax.

I will take a look at your Mod when I get time numinix, it sounds like what I am looking for.

Anyway, with the realization that the module is just basically subtracting the tax amount, this is what I did.

I created a "group pricing" under customers called PST exempt and made the discount 7% (BC PST)

When I get a customer who is PST exempt I add them to the PST exempt group and it gives them a 7% discount called "PST exempt"

And last but not least, I changed "Fax number" to "Tax number" everywhere in the files and I can collect the tax number when they set up the account. I Ithink I moved it to show up under "additional contact information" (I don't require Fax numbers so it worked for me)

I have edit order working on my site, so I just go in to their first order and subtract 7% and name it PST exempt. After I move them to the pricing group, they just automatically tax exempt.

I have been setting up my site for a long time (has months turned to over a year) as i have a lot of product, so I haven't really been able to test this except with test orders I create, so I am not sure if there is anything I didn't think of, but it works for now.

I am looking for something that actually removes the tax rather than subtracts it, but up to now I have not seen anything that works.

hth, Pat

Plugin Contributions

I am looking for something that actually removes the tax rather than subtracts it, but up to now I have not seen anything that works.

That is what the latest version of Customer Tax Exempt does...

Plugin Contributions

I installed your mod and it seems to work great. I haven't done extensive testing to see if it conflicts with any of my many many mods, but I can't see how it would.

It was so simple that I didn't quite get it at first, I thought I should "install" the mod and then do something for each person.

Instead it just simply didn't charge the tax you put in the spot.

Brilliant.

By the way, my fax number to tax number change is good because you can have their (in my case) PST number on "file"

Thanks again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast