Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by wsworx View Post
    I spoke to soon I guess.
    It is odd because I did a walk through with a test account and everything seemed to work. The word "Test" showed up in the test accounts view of the invoice and the test email showed the word "Test" in the email.
    I then went in and completed a real order for shipment, added the tracking number and saved the order then went in to the front end, with Encrypted Master Password, and checked the customer's account invoice history view of the invoice and the tracking number is not shown. The tracking number is showing up on the updated email sent to the customer though.
    I have Edit Orders 4.5.5 installed using ZC 1.5.7b. Same issue, HOWEVER, using Edit Orders, I can see the tracking number posted on the admin side. It IS recording the tracking number, and I can post tracking numbers thru Edit Orders. This, for now, is a temporary workaround until a fix can be posted.
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonless View Post
    I have Edit Orders 4.5.5 installed using ZC 1.5.7b. Same issue, HOWEVER, using Edit Orders, I can see the tracking number posted on the admin side. It IS recording the tracking number, and I can post tracking numbers thru Edit Orders. This, for now, is a temporary workaround until a fix can be posted.
    I am using the same 1.5.7b and 4.5.5 and I am using the generic Responsive template
    I can enter the tracking numbers, update and see them without going into edit orders though.

Plugin Contributions

So, in the modified files are folders called "custom_template". I would think I should rename those to match the template I am using (responsive_classic) but it doesn't say to do that anywhere in the installation instructions. Just want to be sure about this before proceeding. Do I rename those folders also?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qtgraphics View Post
    So, in the modified files are folders called "custom_template". I would think I should rename those to match the template I am using (responsive_classic) but it doesn't say to do that anywhere in the installation instructions. Just want to be sure about this before proceeding. Do I rename those folders also?
    Yes, always rename to match your template.

But you should also create your own custom template folder rather than edit the built-tin responsive_classic. You'll thank me what you do an upgrade which will wipe out all of your customizations if you don't do this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qtgraphics View Post
    Try the Clone a Template plugin
    HTML Code:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2087
    . Be sure to click on admin>Tools>Layout Boxes Controller before trying to clone so all the templates available show.
    This plugin is very easy to install and the support thread is informative.
    My store - closed 12/05/2023
    1.5.7d (upgraded from 1.5.7b), clone a template (cloned Responsive Classic Template), Sitemap XML v4.0, Square WebPay, PayPal Express Checkout, PHP Version: 7.4.29 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks for clearing that up. And I understand about creating my own template. I was planning to use the Clone Template plugin once everything is setup the way I like it.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v4.0.0 of Ty Package Tracker for the Zen Cart moderators' review and will post back here when it's available for download.

This is a major restructuring of the plugin (no more core-file overwrites) and it requires a minimum Zen Cart version of 1.5.7. Prior versions of Zen Cart didn't include required notifications from the admin's orders.php module.

This version contains the following changes:

• Updated for use with Zen Cart 1.5.7 and later — no more core-file overwrites!
    • Updated for use with Edit Orders, v4.6.0 and later. That version of EO no longer imbeds the TyPT changes.
    • Updates the database's orders_status_history table's track_id_n_ entries to use varchar(255) instead of TEXT to conserve database storage requirements.
    • Moves the files associated with the plugin's track_orders sidebox to the template_default template.
    • The plugin's admin auto-installer is no longer self-deleting.
    • The change-basis for the tpl_account_history_info_default.php is the current (as of this writing) version provided by the Zen Cart GitHub repository's v157 branch.

This version also has a new GitHub 'home': https://github.com/lat9/zen_TyPackageTracker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v4.0.0 of Ty Package Tracker for the Zen Cart moderators' review and will post back here when it's available for download.

This is a major restructuring of the plugin (no more core-file overwrites) and it requires a minimum Zen Cart version of 1.5.7. Prior versions of Zen Cart didn't include required notifications from the admin's orders.php module.

• Updated for use with Edit Orders, v4.6.0 and later. That version of EO no longer imbeds the TyPT changes.
    • Updates the database's orders_status_history table's track_id_n_ entries to use varchar(255) instead of TEXT to conserve database storage requirements.
    • Moves the files associated with the plugin's track_orders sidebox to the template_default template.
    • The change-basis for the tpl_account_history_info_default.php is the current (as of this writing) version provided by the Zen Cart GitHub repository's v157 branch.

This version also has a new GitHub 'home': https://github.com/lat9/zen_TyPackageTracker
    Thanks lat9!

Plugin Contributions

[*]The plugin's admin auto-installer is no longer self-deleting.

Great! I need to write a note in the plugin documentation explaining that delete after install cause problems and is really not a good practice.

Thanks for your great work on this plugin!
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post

Now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=75

Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast