Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 991
  1. #511
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    Questions,

    Does this mod add a page to your site where customers can enter the tracking number and it returns the status, or does it link directly to the shippers site, e.g. UPS, DHL?

    Lastly do you have to get the tracking number from the shippinng company ( I'm asking because if so, how do you test it?) and is there a working example of this mod that someone could post? Thanks
    The readme file explains how this module works.. I suggest if you are thinking about installing it that you should download the module and review the readme..
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    77
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Just submitted v3.1.1
    Thank you!

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,846
    Plugin Contributions
    25

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    Please make the following code multilingual in a next version

    PHP Code:
    // TY TRACKER 4 BEGIN  ----------------------------------------------
      
    $status $status_info->fields['orders_status_id'];
      
    $track_id1 $status_info->fields['track_id1'];
      
    $track_id2 $status_info->fields['track_id2'];
      
    $track_id3 $status_info->fields['track_id3'];
      
    $track_id4 $status_info->fields['track_id4'];
      
    $track_id5 $status_info->fields['track_id5'];
      if (
    zen_not_null($status_info->fields['comments']) && $status_info->fields['comments'] != '' && $_POST['notify_comments'] == 'on') {
        
    $notify_comments EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE $status_info->fields['comments'] . "\n\n";
      }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id1)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Your " CARRIER_NAME_1 " Tracking ID is " $track_id1 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_1 $track_id1 ">Click here</a> to track your package. \n<br />If the above link does not work, copy the following URL address and paste it into your Web browser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_1 $track_id1 "\n\n<br /><br />It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking information to appear on the website." "\n<br />"; }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id2)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Your " CARRIER_NAME_2 " Tracking ID is " $track_id2 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_2 $track_id2 ">Click here</a> to track your package. \n<br />If the above link does not work, copy the following URL address and paste it into your Web browser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_2 $track_id2 "\n\n<br /><br />It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking information to appear on the website." "\n<br />"; }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id3)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Your " CARRIER_NAME_3 " Tracking ID is " $track_id3 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_3 $track_id3 ">Click here</a> to track your package. \n<br />If the above link does not work, copy the following URL address and paste it into your Web browser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_3 $track_id3 "\n\n<br /><br />It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking information to appear on the website." "\n<br />"; }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id4)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Uw " CARRIER_NAME_4 " Tracking ID is " $track_id4 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_4 $track_id4 ">Klik hier</a> om uw pakket te volgen. \n<br />Als de bovenstaande link niet werkt, kopieer dan het volgende url adres naar uw webbrowser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_4 $track_id4 "\n\n<br /><br />Het kan tot 24 uur duren voordat de track informatie zichtbaar is op de website." "\n<br />"; }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id5)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Your " CARRIER_NAME_5 " Tracking ID is " $track_id5 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_5 $track_id5 ">Click here</a> to track your package. \n<br />If the above link does not work, copy the following URL address and paste it into your Web browser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_5 $track_id5 "\n\n<br /><br />It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking information to appear on the website." "\n<br />"; }
    // END TY TRACKER 4 ------------------------------------------------- 
    this is code form the file common_orders_fucntions.

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    If you provide the code needed for this requested change, I would have been happy to include it..

    In the meantime you might have overlooked this post..
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=510

    Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Please make the following code multilingual in a next version

    PHP Code:
    // TY TRACKER 4 BEGIN  ----------------------------------------------
      
    $status $status_info->fields['orders_status_id'];
      
    $track_id1 $status_info->fields['track_id1'];
      
    $track_id2 $status_info->fields['track_id2'];
      
    $track_id3 $status_info->fields['track_id3'];
      
    $track_id4 $status_info->fields['track_id4'];
      
    $track_id5 $status_info->fields['track_id5'];
      if (
    zen_not_null($status_info->fields['comments']) && $status_info->fields['comments'] != '' && $_POST['notify_comments'] == 'on') {
        
    $notify_comments EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE $status_info->fields['comments'] . "\n\n";
      }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id1)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Your " CARRIER_NAME_1 " Tracking ID is " $track_id1 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_1 $track_id1 ">Click here</a> to track your package. \n<br />If the above link does not work, copy the following URL address and paste it into your Web browser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_1 $track_id1 "\n\n<br /><br />It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking information to appear on the website." "\n<br />"; }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id2)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Your " CARRIER_NAME_2 " Tracking ID is " $track_id2 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_2 $track_id2 ">Click here</a> to track your package. \n<br />If the above link does not work, copy the following URL address and paste it into your Web browser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_2 $track_id2 "\n\n<br /><br />It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking information to appear on the website." "\n<br />"; }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id3)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Your " CARRIER_NAME_3 " Tracking ID is " $track_id3 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_3 $track_id3 ">Click here</a> to track your package. \n<br />If the above link does not work, copy the following URL address and paste it into your Web browser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_3 $track_id3 "\n\n<br /><br />It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking information to appear on the website." "\n<br />"; }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id4)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Uw " CARRIER_NAME_4 " Tracking ID is " $track_id4 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_4 $track_id4 ">Klik hier</a> om uw pakket te volgen. \n<br />Als de bovenstaande link niet werkt, kopieer dan het volgende url adres naar uw webbrowser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_4 $track_id4 "\n\n<br /><br />Het kan tot 24 uur duren voordat de track informatie zichtbaar is op de website." "\n<br />"; }
        if (
    zen_not_null($track_id5)) { $notify_comments .= "\n\n<br /><br />Your " CARRIER_NAME_5 " Tracking ID is " $track_id5 " \n<br /><a href=" CARRIER_LINK_5 $track_id5 ">Click here</a> to track your package. \n<br />If the above link does not work, copy the following URL address and paste it into your Web browser. \n<br />" CARRIER_LINK_5 $track_id5 "\n\n<br /><br />It may take up to 24 hours for the tracking information to appear on the website." "\n<br />"; }
    // END TY TRACKER 4 ------------------------------------------------- 
    this is code form the file common_orders_fucntions.
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    Will this module allow for multiple tracking numbers per order? For instance, if a customer's order is shipped in 3 packages shipped by the same carrier, how would I handle this?

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    Quote Originally Posted by chickpeajunkie View Post
    Will this module allow for multiple tracking numbers per order? For instance, if a customer's order is shipped in 3 packages shipped by the same carrier, how would I handle this?
    Never mind :). Found the answer here:

    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ers#post547043

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    364
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    Two quick things I have found.

    We have it set up on our order updates as

    RECEIVED
    PROCESSING
    PARTIALLY SHIPPED
    SHIPPED COMPLETE

    Now I noticed you cannot go to the EDIT order and enter the tracking number. You have to use DETAILS. Why is that?

    Also if you have already entered tracking numbers under PARTIALLY SHIPPED and the next day have another package PARTIALLY SHIPPED, it will not take the tracking number. The top of the screen will say order not updated.

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    Quote Originally Posted by willie bee View Post
    Now I noticed you cannot go to the EDIT order and enter the tracking number. You have to use DETAILS. Why is that?
    Not sure I understand your question.. Are you referring to the Edit Orders module??

    Quote Originally Posted by willie bee View Post
    Also if you have already entered tracking numbers under PARTIALLY SHIPPED and the next day have another package PARTIALLY SHIPPED, it will not take the tracking number. The top of the screen will say order not updated.
    From the readme:
    Add comments or change the status. (Required or your tracking information will not be saved!)*
    and again on the same page of the README:
    1. I get the Warning: Nothing to change. The order was not updated.

      -> When you add a tracking number, you must either change the order status or add a comment in order to update the order with the tracking data.
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    364
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    Yes I understand the README file.

    Maybe I can explain it better.

    Sometimes we ship partials. So say you have three packages you need to ship.

    We have our notifcations set up as.

    ORDER RECEIVED (their default confirmation)
    ORDER PROCESSING (lets them know we're working on it)
    ORDER PARTIALLY SHIPPED (let's them know we shipped a partial)
    ORDER SHIPPED (lets them know the balance has shipped.

    So say we get an order. it's ORDER RECEIVED.
    We then update it to ORDER PROCESSING.
    So we have three boxes.

    We put in a tracking number say UPS in the field and hit ORDER PARTIALL SHIPPED for the first package shipped.

    Now if we go back the next day and enter the tracking number for the second package shipped and do a PARTIALLY SHIPPED and enter the tracking in the field again, it will not update it.

    We have to do the the old regular way and put it in the comments.

    Now for the last package you can enter the tracking in the field and hit ORDER SHIPPED and it'll take.

    So looks like the mod only allows you to use ONE instance of each order update.

    See what I'm sayin'?

    So "When you add a tracking number, you must either change the order status or add a comment in order to update the order with the tracking data." That is why I think it won't take, you have to update it to a DIFFERENT STATUS, but we ship multiple packages partially sometimes.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Track Package from FedEx, UPS, Postal, DHL, etc..

    Quote Originally Posted by willie bee View Post
    Yes I understand the README file.

    Maybe I can explain it better.

    Sometimes we ship partials. So say you have three packages you need to ship.

    We have our notifcations set up as.

    ORDER RECEIVED (their default confirmation)
    ORDER PROCESSING (lets them know we're working on it)
    ORDER PARTIALLY SHIPPED (let's them know we shipped a partial)
    ORDER SHIPPED (lets them know the balance has shipped.

    So say we get an order. it's ORDER RECEIVED.
    We then update it to ORDER PROCESSING.
    So we have three boxes.

    We put in a tracking number say UPS in the field and hit ORDER PARTIALL SHIPPED for the first package shipped.

    Now if we go back the next day and enter the tracking number for the second package shipped and do a PARTIALLY SHIPPED and enter the tracking in the field again, it will not update it.

    We have to do the the old regular way and put it in the comments.

    Now for the last package you can enter the tracking in the field and hit ORDER SHIPPED and it'll take.

    So looks like the mod only allows you to use ONE instance of each order update.

    See what I'm sayin'?

    So "When you add a tracking number, you must either change the order status or add a comment in order to update the order with the tracking data." That is why I think it won't take, you have to update it to a DIFFERENT STATUS, but we ship multiple packages partially sometimes.
    I understood what you were saying.. what I am saying is that you could simply enter a comment when you do the second partial shipment and the tracking number will "take"..
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

 

 
Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v150 Is there a FedEx plugin to quote on package size and postal code/zone?
    By Music Man in forum Addon Shipping Modules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3 Aug 2014, 10:30 PM
  2. UPS/DHL shipping in Europe
    By DML73 in forum Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29 Jan 2009, 09:43 PM
  3. what is the track your package url?
    By keylesslocks in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29 Aug 2008, 06:49 PM
  4. going from small package to large package
    By luna_99 in forum Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19 Nov 2007, 02:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR