Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount Coupon Guide?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If the Store Owner marks the Discount Coupon as Inactive by deleting it, then it is flagged deleted ...

If it just expires, that is not being marked as Deleted, just as not being usable ... if the Store Owner changes the expiration date, then the Discount Coupon is valid ... to this is purely a Store Owner choice to mark the Discount Coupon as Deleted ...

Once the Store Owner marks the Discount Coupon as Deleted, there is NOT an option to Un-delete the Discount Coupon by the Store Owner. This is when the database would need to be hacked ...
    Hi Linda,
    Because I needed to be able to reactivate discount coupons from admin, I made a few simple changes to do the job.
    In ZC1.5.4 admin/coupon_admin.php around line 112:
    PHP Code:
    //jpda: bof toggle coupon_active instead of setting to 'N' always
          // get current status

$ca_sql $db->Execute("select coupon_active from " .TABLE_COUPONS " where coupon_id = '" $_GET['cid'] . "'");

$new_coupon_active = ($ca_sql->fields['coupon_active'] == 'N') ? '"Y"' '"N"'

//      $messageStack->add_session('$ca_sql=' . $ca_sql->fields['coupon_active'], 'caution');
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]        $db->Execute("update " TABLE_COUPONS "
                          set coupon_active = 
    $new_coupon_active
                          where coupon_id='"
    .$_GET['cid']."'");
    [/
    COLOR]       $messageStack->add_session(($new_coupon_active == '"N"') ? SUCCESS_COUPON_DISABLED 'Success! Discount Coupon was set to Active ...!''success');
    // replacing
    //        $db->Execute("update " . TABLE_COUPONS . "
    //                      set coupon_active = 'N'
    //                      where coupon_id='".$_GET['cid']."'");
    //        $messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_COUPON_DISABLED, 'success');
    // replacing
    //jpda: eof toggle coupon_active instead of setting to 'N' always 
    Now the delete button will toggle the status. Need to make some changes to the button texts and add some language defines etc., but it works.
    Questions:
    Is this acceptable?
    Could the code at $ca_sql be done easier?

On the side, not really related to the subject, the selection character '*' to display all discount coupons does not work, I replaced it by 'A'. The '*' is still present in the ZC1.5.5 version.

Background:
    A client of mine is using the Autoresponder+ mod, which sends emails to customers, asking them to write a review. The email contains an active discount coupon. Thus, the customer might use the coupon and forget all about the review.
    I change the mod to send an inactive discount coupon, my client needs to be able to reactivate the coupon when the review arrives.

Thanks in advance,

jpda
    Last edited by Ajeh; 23 Mar 2016 at 12:47 AM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jpda View Post
    On the side, not really related to the subject, the selection character '*' to display all discount coupons does not work, I replaced it by 'A'. The '*' is still present in the ZC1.5.5 version.
    The code has been updated in v1.6, for the ALL Discount Coupons ...

I have not had time to checkout your code changes ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for replying quickly! :-)

jpda

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to set up a discount coupon that does NOT apply the discount to the shipping cost of the order? In other words, a discount that is applied to the items in the cart - the subtotal amount - before shipping is added?

Plugin Contributions

Quick question. I'm using ZC 1.5.4x. I've created a discount coupon which I am printing on business cards to hand out to potentially new customers. I want the discount code to only work for first-time purchasers! I don't care if they already have an account, but they must not have had any previous purchases.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
    Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want…

Plugin Contributions

Hi Everyone :)

I've just made an adjustment to my Discount Coupons and see that there is no option to extend them past Dec 31, 2018. These are an ongoing thing for me and so I would like them to be available for many years to come. Is there an easy way to extend them past 2018?

I'm using V1.5.4.

Thanks in advance
    Debbie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Debbiew4960 View Post
    Hi Everyone :)

I've just made an adjustment to my Discount Coupons and see that there is no option to extend them past Dec 31, 2018. These are an ongoing thing for me and so I would like them to be available for many years to come. Is there an easy way to extend them past 2018?

I'm using V1.5.4.

Thanks in advance
    Debbie
    Known bug in ZC 1.5.4 and earlier, corrected in ZC 1.5.5. See this GitHub commit by DrByte that corrects the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much lat9! I'm on it

Plugin Contributions

I'm currently chasing a zc157c issue with ot_coupon on a site that uses multiple tax rates and has the ot_coupon settings Include tax = 'true' and Re-calculate Tax set to 'None'.

That leads me to the question: How are those ot_coupon tax settings supposed to work? What is the expected difference using the above settings and when Re-calculate Tax is set to 'Standard'?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'm currently chasing a zc157c issue with ot_coupon on a site that uses multiple tax rates and has the ot_coupon settings Include tax = 'true' and Re-calculate Tax set to 'None'.

That leads me to the question: How are those ot_coupon tax settings supposed to work? What is the expected difference using the above settings and when Re-calculate Tax is set to 'Standard'?
    i hate coupons.

looking at this outstanding PR here:

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/4324

i wanted the coupon amount to be included into the order info array.

this amount would then be used in any of your various ot tax modules to reduce said tax by that rate * the coupon amount.

i am not sure if that helps with your question, as i am not in a position to answer how it is 'supposed to work' nor what are the 'expected differences'.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast