Thread: Virtual Paths

Plugin Contributions

Default Virtual Paths

Hi,

I just wanted to install the new Zen shop on my server. But I have a small question. For the moment I'm working under www.netronixhosting.be on my new server. But in a month or so, I'm going to add www.netronix.be.

netronix.be will be the main domain, and netronixhosting.be will be set as a domain pointer. So the site will be visitable at those 2 addresses. But what about zencart?

Thx for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Virtual Paths

I just tryed it out. Looks like the template is scewed up. It's like there is no stylesheet present.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can run it from one server or the other, not both.

You can have two domains pointing to the same server, and that should work fine...because the primary domain will dominate, and visitors from the other domain will get switched to the primary domain on first click.

All the settings for this are in the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I wasn't planning on running them on 2 servers.

But if it works with pointing 2 domains to 1 server, then it's ok. The only small thing I have noticed for now is when I go to http://www.netronixhosting.be/catalog is that the template doesn't look right.

I will see what happens when I point the primary domain to the new server. Thanks anyway and I let you know if there are some problems

Greetz

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The stylesheets aren't loading for that URL because your configure.php file is set to serve files from the other domain:

HTML Code:
    <base href="http://www.netronix.be/catalog/" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet_new.css" />
    Gotta be one domain or the other. While they're on separate servers, you won't have easy resolution to this.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.