Plugin Contributions

"empty" file downloads

Hello All,
    I have read through many of the posts on downlaoding product. I have been successful in that the interface presents the option and even a download button at the close of the transaction however when I initiate the product download (a 65 MB file) I get the expected zip icon and file name but it is only 188 bytes and of course fails to open.
    I appreciate anyones help. Thanks again,
    Cliff
    Thanks again to all, I will be leaving my Zencart footer on the pages as a thanks and contributing as well.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "empty" file downloads

Often times when large files do not download but small ones can ... this is a limitation set by your hosting site on the server ...

Check with them to see if they have limits ...

While you can probably change the Redirect on the downloads to OFF ... it is preferable to have this on if it is something that your hosting site can just adjust on your server to manage large files like that ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'd also double check that the file on your server is in fact 65mb and not a shortcut to the file which is around 200bytes.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to you both for your reply. I have double checked the file and even uploaded it twice. If I aim a browser at the file from outside of ZenCart it works. Ajeh, I don't know where the setting is for changing the redirect or what exactly the implications are. Can you give me a quick summary understanding? Thanks again.
    Sincerely,
    Cliff
    Thanks again to all, I will be leaving my Zencart footer on the pages as a thanks and contributing as well.

Plugin Contributions

I got it corrected. Thanks again for your help. I set the redirect to false in the admin panel. It works perfectly now!