Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't log into admin

The code in post #87 will rebuild the table ... if you need to be sure to put your prefix where it is marked in red ... if you do not use a prefix then remove the YOURPREFIXHERE_ ...

You can run it in phpMyAdmin to fix the missing admin table from your database ...

Then, the login will be:
    Admin
    admin

until you update the Admin login ... which you will want to do immediately once you get into your Admin ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

HI Linda, I followed the directions in this thread to reset the Admin through mysql. This may be a dumb question but what exactly am I entering in the use name box 1. Admin or 2. Admin admin?

Then am I using the reset password that was sent to us? Or am I misunderstanding and should be using Admin username with admin password?

It's been a while since I have needed to ask a question. I really appreciate your help.

Here is the link to log in:

http://rockngemsnjewels.com/zencarts...dmin/login.php

I can email you the password that was sent to us.

I am wondering if somehow the client reset the password again and if I should just request one final password and then try using admin as the user name?

The site is www.rockngemsnjewels.com I am not sure what version it is running. I think it is the one before the last update.

I also saw this link somewhere else but did not try this as perhaps it is just another way to do the same thing.

http://kb.siteground.com/article/How..._Zen_Cart.html
    www.brasswindgallery.com
    Art, Gifts & Design Online

Plugin Contributions

The code in post #81 is for sites that do NOT use a prefix on their databases tables to delete, create and setup a password with the login:
    Login: Admin
    Password: admin

The code in post #87 is to show where changes have to be made for sites that ARE using prefixes on their database tables ...

Both are made to delete ALL current Admin logins and create 1 valid login so that you can get into the Admin and add, edit etc. Admin logins ...

You can browse the admin table of your database first, to see what logins already exist so that you can re-create the ones that you need and see what email addresses are associated with them ...

If you just need to reset a password, that is what the Forgotten Password is for, and it will send a new password to the email address associated with the login and once logged in, you can reset the password to something else ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

I have setup a zencart 1.38a .it have be install the admin profiles 1.071, i reset password,I can enter admin control home,but i can'nt set any .enter :tool/ admin setting.(there is one user of admin)/permission, all item have be select.but i can'nt change it. how to get admin permission,in database admin permission set 1 ,but admin can't get permission,why.pl help!

Plugin Contributions

Hi this is the info from the configure file on the server... I ahve been looking at the database with the user name starting wiht roc below.. what is the prefix 'zen_' ? Is that the regular one or something that is missing a word? I post another message saying there is a zen_admin section in the DB and also a admin section that shows the same as your post US= Admin admin@localhost password etc...

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'p3nl50mysql9.secureserver.net');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'roc....deleted to protect');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', ' deleted to protect cart ');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'roc0830703043489');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db');

I am lost - thank you in advance..

Sheree
    www.brasswindgallery.com
    Art, Gifts & Design Online

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2
    Thank you so much for posting this!!
    I got a new laptop and for some reason it wouldn't accept my log in details even though nothing had changed

Plugin Contributions

Gald that this helped ... be sure to edit your Admin login and set your username, email and password, now that this is working ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,

Thanks for posting the code but I still am not having any success. I can open the database and notice that after running your first set of code the admin field and password is clear. Then I run the second set of code and Admin is filled in with the password when I browse my database. When I try and log in it still says incorrect password and username.

I have checked both Config.php files and the database settings all match.

Is the final option now to reload zen cart and then to try and import the database into the new installations? apart from this the site is upa nd running and I am processing orders.

Thanks in advance
    Daniel

Plugin Contributions

You are trying to login with:

Username: Admin
    Password: admin

note upper and lower case.
    Right?

Plugin Contributions

Yep I am using the Admin and then admin but still giving me the incorrect login and password.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910