Plugin Contributions

Default One Product on Different Pages

A couple of questions I hope someone can help me with.

First, I have a page titled "Replacement Filters" which lists about 80 different manufacturers. The one thing that just doesn't look right is the vertical spacing. This makes the page very long and hard to read.

Is there any way to reduce the vertical spacing to get these words closer together?

Second, is it possible to have one product show up on different pages? Example, I sell a sediment water filter which is common as the replacement for many different manufacturers. I would like to add this product under its' manufacturer and also have it show up under another manufacturer.

My hope is to add this product once so should I need to make any changes in pricing or description all I need to do is change the one product and the change will show up on all the pages that it is listed in.

Thanks in advance.

Leonard

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One Product on Different Pages

I am not positive about mfg to mfg, but there is a mod for cross selling that has fexlibility. Even though probably not exactly what you are seeking you may find that it provides a solution and maybe one better than what you thought.

You can search here for it with cross sell, or email me through the site and I can send it to you.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One Product on Different Pages

It sounds like what you need is to link the product into various categories.

You don't say what your category structure is, but if your menu shows manufacturers first with their products below, you can put the filter in its mfr's category and then copy (as Link) it to all the mfr's it fits. You may want/need to include in the description the filter mfr's name and a list of the other makes/models it fits.

With a linked product, when you update the master version, all others follow it.

If your setup shows the filter assembly product and you want the replacement cartridge to show up with it when someone looks at it, the cross-sell is probably best for you.