Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Urgent Help needed!

Ok guys help a fellow Zen Cart'er out:

I had Zencart 2.7x running fine on bl uer ip per DOT com which is hosted by BlueHost.com.

Last week I decided to upgrade it to 3.x buy downloading the upgrade. After downloading the files to my computer, I uploaded the folders and files to the server using my FTP program. Everything went fine, except after doing that, I went to the site, everything on there said "illegal access".

I called the hosting company up and had them do a full backup, and now I get a "HTTP 500" error.

Any input on this?

Should I do a full install again? Will that take away my excising products, settings, stylesheets, pictures, etc?

Thank you,
    Sam

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Urgent Help needed!

For your saighs, I hope you made a full backup of your store (all files + mySQL Database) before considering to upgrade.

Second - hopefully you tested this over a test server / different path on same server with different prefix name / database name before executing the upgrade in case of failing.

In the mean time, hope you have set your site under maintenance if you did executed the upgrade under your live store - on the fly (unrecommended procedure).

If so, by simply restoring your backup should do the trick.
    Last edited by TheOracle; 22 May 2006 at 03:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

That is where the problem is:

Full back up won't fix it. After fully restoring, it still says access denied on the main page. I did a daily back up, then a weekly back up, none of them fixed the problem.

When I look at my file structure, everything still look the same.

Should I do a full install? hopefully that would fix things?

Plugin Contributions

Since your site returns a ' The page cannot be displayed ', it would be quite hard to determine if it is a server-side issue or a user-side issue would it ?

Plugin Contributions

Blue Host is telling me that server side is good. But howcome I can't pull any pages from the Zencart?

Plugin Contributions

If the server-side is good and no one can see your pages on your own site ... it is quite problematic.

Please post your includes/configure.php file without your mySQL Server name, mySQL Database name, mySQL Login name and mySQL Password.

In the mean time, what does your web error logs states about this from your cPanel access ?

Plugin Contributions

Error Log:

31-Mar-2006 12:40:21] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 12:40:30] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 12:42:19] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 12:51:11] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 12:51:12] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 12:56:04] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 12:56:06] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 13:08:58] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 13:10:12] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 13:10:13] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 13:10:14] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34
    [31-Mar-2006 13:11:37] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in /home/blueripp/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 34

Plugin Contributions

I'm sure one of the DEV Team will have a definite answer for your posts above.

Plugin Contributions

CAUTION - this is just a thought until one of the devs arrive like the lone ranger.

Do you have a backup of admin/configure.php AND includes/configure.php from the live site? Even one that is weeks old would likely work. It appears that they were overwritten in the 'upgrade' and now key lines are empty.

CAUTION - if you think I was kidding earlier, well, don't.

Best wishes

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The errorlog suggests that the includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php may be bad.
    The latest archived version of the CSS Flyout Menu is at:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/archived_con...ies-v1.3.0.zip

That may be a start.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast