Thread: Logo question

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Logo question

PrincessLeah,

I just took a quick peek at your shopping cart's main page because I am trying to do something similar. ie. center my company's logo on it.

Could you tell me specifically what you had to do in order to achieve the final look?

I am wanting to center my website logo with Zen Cart and also my bosses's Zen cart website logo.

His cart is quite a mess right now as he feels the Zen Cart shouldn't have a main page but rather just a direct link to checkout for each of his products. But that's another story! :)

I hope you are still hovering around and will be able to help me! Or anyone else who is viewing this message?

Much thanks!

Angie

My Zen Cart: http://www.huskingbee.com/zencatalog/

My bosses's Zen Cart: http://thefamilytreee.ca/catalog/shopping/index.php

Plugin Contributions

Just tell your logoWrapper to get centered!
    In your stylesheet.css:
    Code:
    #logoWrapper{
        background-image: url(../images/Blank Background Page.jpg);
        background-repeat: repeat-x;
        background-color: #ffffff;
        height:75px;
        text-align: center;    <-------add this
        }

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, gjh42.

The logo is centered now.

Angie

PS. Sorry for bothering you. If it was only for myself, then no rush in centering the logo. But my boss is another story. He does not understand the concept of Zen cart and wants Zen cart WITHOUT the main page. Strange cookie.

Plugin Contributions

Zen cart WITHOUT the main page.
    To shrink up the process, why not just create an alternative main page of your own and cancel the 'index' page from query ?

Plugin Contributions

If all your boss' website is ever going to be used for is selling pictures, and he wants them all in one undifferentiated group, it's reasonable in a way to have them all on the front page. It does seem somewhat abrupt and awkward, but he appears to have a captive audience who don't need to be sold on the merits of the work.

The current setup appears to be main page categories off, new products on, but the images don't show (most of the time...) even though "view source" says they are there... "A mess" is right.

I think something that would work more rationally and consistently would be to put all the images in one top level category, set the main page to always open to that category, and then the full product listing should appear because there are no subcategories. If the pictures are not going to be organized by categories and there are more than a dozen or two, it might work to put keywords (names/events like "Jane Deere", "presentation" or "banquet") in the product description field and enable a search box so people can find the ones they are interested in easily.

The first thing you need to do, though, is get that background image out of the logo and into the background, tone it down or change it, and optimize it for web display. 364k for a background is insane, it makes the text hard to read, and in the logo it's causing at least some of the squirreliness of the current view. Eliminate reference to the image file in the php files, and call the image in the stylesheet under #body as background-image: url(../images/your_image.jpg);

Hi,

You may need to enable your template with the admin panel
    From the admin panel go to Tools -> Template Selector
    If you template doesn't show up here you are missing the template descriptor file.
    Select your template and then in the layout controller you need to reset (button at the bottom) the box layout.

Bob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Magician742
    PrincessLeah,

I just took a quick peek at your shopping cart's main page because I am trying to do something similar. ie. center my company's logo on it.

Could you tell me specifically what you had to do in order to achieve the final look?

Angie
    Sorry I didn't get back to you Angie, have been wrestling with my cart......so glad the other kind people could help. Hope it is all good now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123