Template Problems with Ver 1.3.0.1

Hello All

Here is the live version of my site

http://www.epicheroes.com/shop Ver 1.2.7

Here is test version 1. This is an Upgrade. Ver 1.3.0.1

http://www.epicheroes.com/testshop

Here is test version 2. This is a clean install. Ver 1.3.0.1
    http://www.epicheroes.com/teststore

I bought a template upgrade from www.algozone.com for my template which they say is for ver 1.3. Before the template upgrade , i.e. with old 1.2.7 template version there were lots of errors on test version 1 and 2, after i installed the template upgrades there are LESS errors but STILL errors.

This is the reply from the template people when I told them there are errors with the template upgrade

"We just installed this template on a fresh install of zencart 1.3 but we are unable to replicate this problem. It looks like some configuration entries are missing in your zencart 1.3 install which needs to be resolved in order to convert variables to their proper filenames."

I've since emailed them asking which configuration entries need fixing if that is actually the problem.

Almost all of the pages do not work anymore, on most i get an error message similar to this one below, suggesting it cannot find specific files. However all the files are in the right place.

Look at the error message
    Warning: main(DIR_WS_BLOCKSblk_advanced_search_result.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/epicher1/public_html/testshop/includes/templates/ZC03C00077/templates/tpl_advanced_search_result_default.php on line 33

Warning: main(DIR_WS_BLOCKSblk_advanced_search_result.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/epicher1/public_html/testshop/includes/templates/ZC03C00077/templates/tpl_advanced_search_result_default.php on line 33

Everything is fine in Classic Template.

And on test version 1 and test version 2 only the homepage is displaying as it should. error messages are same on test versoin 1 and 2.

I'm not sure If I have done something wrong or if the template files have not updated properly or if I need to change some setting in configuration as the template people suggest.

Some basic info
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-34.106.unsupportedsmp
    Database: MySQL 4.1.14-standard-log
    PHP Version: 4.4.1 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Zen Cart 1.3.0.1
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.0.1

Someone Please help!

Thanks
    zohe

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template Problems with Ver 1.3.0.1

I just contacted algozone this AM on this exact template
    there are actually code snippets in the html_output.php file that use tep_

and there are also alot of files in the upload that dont need to be there,
    several files are also OLD

Plugin Contributions

WhoCares,

Let me know how you get on please, from what you say it suggests a problem with the template.

Other zenners who might know how to fix please reply anyway although it seems we are waiting for update from algozone.

Zohe

Plugin Contributions

Re: Template Problems with Ver 1.3.0.1

Hi All

Just got this response from algozone template people

"We just realized that you have installed the template on zencart version 1.3.0.1 . Unfortunately, we have not evaluated our templates to see if they are compatible with this update. Our latest updated templates were only designed for zencart 1.3.0 . When we upgrade the templates to version 1.3.0.1, we will let you know."

Which kinda leaves me in the lurch!

Can someone please have a look to see if these errors can be fixed another way?

I am willing to pay to get it sorted, i jsut want to use the most up-to-date version of Zen but my template doesnt work!

Look forward to any replies
    Thanks
    Zohe

Plugin Contributions

I must say that I dont buy their response "Not even on sale "

when looking at the template the files contain references to TEP
    which is OSC code.
    the differences in 130 and 1301 are not in the templates,
    the issue is they dont yet have a viable product.

they have a mix of 1.2 and 1.3 files and they have included files that have not changed

Plugin Contributions

Re: Template Problems with Ver 1.3.0.1

Yes they are quite blatantly blagging it.

But what do I/we do now?

Anyone out there please help!

Thanks
    Zohe

Plugin Contributions

I have sent 6 or 7 emails to Algozone about a template that does not work with 1.3. They are giving me different answers than they are giving you. I talked to my credit card company and they used the term "fraud." Merchant promised template that works immediately. Did not get that.

Can you give me the errors you wer getting so we can compare notes? PM if you like. I will update on the credit card charge back process.

Plugin Contributions

Sermonzone

You are correct that they seem to be giving different responses. At the moment they seem to be trying to help me out and all I want is my problem resolved.

This is the error message i get, its a similar message on most pages, i.e. that it cannot find a file.

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW_LISTING.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/epicher1/public_html/testshop/includes/templates/ZC03C00077/templates/tpl_products_new_default.php on line 74

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW_LISTING.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/epicher1/public_html/testshop/includes/templates/ZC03C00077/templates/tpl_products_new_default.php on line 74

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW_LISTING.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/epicher1/public_html/testshop/includes/templates/ZC03C00077/templates/tpl_products_new_default.php on line 74

Thanks
    Zohe

Plugin Contributions

Hi Zohe,

I hope they are able to solve your problem. I asked for a refund on the template. They refused and I have disputed the charge with my credit card company.

While it is possible, even likely, Algo can make the template work, I bought it under the premise that I would buy it, install it and use it in a matter of minutes. Struggling with it for a week was not the plan. I bought their template rather than wait 10 for a programmer to write a custom template.

Also, the Algo template does not follow the overrides carefully and introduces new code for image handling. I am concerned that the new code will conflict with tim's Image Handler contrib.

Will post more here as things develop.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

your DIR_WS_BLOCKS errors are due to the changes in v1.3 that removed the blocks folder and re-modularized the routines that were using the blocks folder in the first place, primarily address-collection screen template components.

I suspect the customized template has appearance-changes in the tpl_login_xxx and tpl_create_account_xxx template files, and thus, you'll need to rework those files to function the way v1.3 does with the newer code.

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW_LISTING.php):
    This is an indicator that the define() statement for FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW_LISTING is missing from your site files. This was also removed in v1.3, and is now part of the products_new page (FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast