Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default checkout_shipping problem I think

Hi,

I am trying to install and use zencart to replace a cart that the creators do not seem to support. Anyways, when trying to make a test purchase, the checkout_shipping page does not want to open. Gives me a page cannot be found error and I looked in my FTP and it seems like the files are in there. The cart gives me an estimate on shipping with that "Estimate Shipping" button, however it does not let me continue to go through the checkout procedure.

Any ideas?

To try for yourself.
    http://www.twfsales.com/flagstore/
    username = testtest AT test DOT com
    password = testid
    NOTE**** The Paypal is set to live, so please do not pay for anything since it will charge you. I have set up the Check/Money Order option for testing purposes.

Any help is greatly appreciated since I am hoping to have the cart done by tomorrow night, hopefully..lol.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: checkout_shipping problem I think

wonder if it's a server issue, because when I try to check out it hangs for a while then prompts to download index.php
    Zen Cart: Diva Knitting

Plugin Contributions

Thats a new one then. Havent had it ask me that yet...lol. I will also contact my host just in case it is a server issue. It wouldn't surprise me though since I also have a competitors cart installed and having problems with that checkout also. That cart gives me a XML error and there is nothing with the cart that deals with "xml". I am hoping to get it (one of the carts) working by the time I have to leave tomorrow night. Either way I love the features that ZC has to offer compared to the last cart that I used. Support/response time for Zen seems ALOT better too.

If somebody knows for sure that it is a server issue, please let me know so I am not being a pest in here asking for help in the wrong place.

Thanks,
    Matt

Plugin Contributions

Actually I think I might just reinstall zen cart and see if the same problem exists. Will post back with results.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

OK, deleted and reinstalled Zen. Also wiped out my former cart, yes on purpose.... Anyways, it seems as if USPS shipping method does lag alot. So much that it times out the page. I tested it with the flat rate shipping and that flies thru the cart without any problems. So since I mainly sell flags and flagholders (both about the same weight) I think I might just use the flat rate shipping until I figure out how to speed up the USPS module. Any suggestions on how to speed up USPS??

Thanks cherylkemp for taking the time to give the cart a try earlier. Appreciated

Thanks,
    Matt

Plugin Contributions

OK, when I use the flat rate shipping option, the checkout opens pages very nicely. However when I enable the USPS module, it times out my checkout page. Out of 20 attempts, it timed out on 20 times. I am on dial up yet it seems like there might be a file missing or a corrupt file. Either way something is not correct since it must be trying to call data from another file and not finding it. At first I thought it might have been my USPS settings, BUT the shipping estimator works great for getting rate quotes from USPS.

Any ideas on how to fix this please?

I will leave on vacation tomorrow, yet have a little time to work on it tonight yet.

Thanks in Advance,
    Matt

Plugin Contributions

Are you set to the production server or test server?

The test server is not very reliable ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Set to production. I am using my username and pw from the last cart I had installed and was working fine there. That wouldnt be the problem, would it? I would think it wouldnt matter which cart its being used on, yet never hurts to ask I guess.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Could you turn it on?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

OK, I got it enabled.

Thanks for helping on this. :)

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast