Plugin Contributions

Default Salemaker & Coupons..

Can coupons be made to NOT work with the salemaker price?

If something costs $100 MSRP, and I put a 10% sale on it, can I make it so that if someone has a 25% coupon from another promotion it is applied to the $100 MSRP, and not the $90 salemaker promotion?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker & Coupons..

Sorry- coupons do not work that way-

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Sorry- coupons do not work that way-

Ok..how do I ask the same question and get an actual answer?

What _does_ work that way?

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,
    This is an old post but what the guy was asking is exactly what I am after, I want to be able to offer 10% off rrp from a category in my store. I then want to be able to give out leaflets that give people 12% off rrp.
    At the moment this means they get 10% and then another 12%
    Is there a way of getting the 21% to override the 10% rather than adding to it?

so instead of:
    100 - 10% = £90
    90 - 12% = £79.2

I want:
    100 - 12% = £88

Cheers
    I don't want to see you wasting time,
    I just want a place inside your mind.
    I wish that i could turn the clocks right back.
    It;s easy to forget just what you've got!
    Feeder : Turn : 2001

http://www.netneighbourhood.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

+1 ditto.. !! especially if you want to put text on the coupon that says something to the effect of "cannot be combined with other offers or sale prices", etc.

Plugin Contributions

Discount Coupons are based on the current Price of a product that is then offset by either:

1 Amount Off

2 Percentage Off

3 Free Shipping

There is nothing built in, at this time, to skip existing Specials, Sales etc.

I can understand not wanting 2 Discount Coupons used at the same time, but I don't understand not allowing a Discount Coupon to work on the current Price of a Product ... that seems a bit odd and not something that will appeal to customers ...

To make something like this would require quite a bit of customization of the code in addition to detailed explination to the customer as to why that Product that was $100 and on Special for $75.00 when using a 10% Discount Coupon loses the Special Price and results in a $90.00 price ...

What was the point of the Discount Coupon that got me to come into the store?

This could be designed ... I don't know how well that is going to go over with the average customer ... and the explination on how this works will probably have them leaving rather than buying ...

Perhaps a post in the Commercial Help Wanted to assist you in getting this custom code written for your shop ... although I would recommend having a think on this for a bit ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It is common in the real world to have a discount coupon that does not apply to a sale price.

Plugin Contributions

I am more familar with you cannot use multiple coupons at the same time rather than lose the in store special or sale price and not be allowed discount coupons ...

You appear to want to take this another way and allow the Discount Coupon but cancel the instore Sale or Special to do so ...

You might post the full details of what you envision on the Wish List ... or post in the Commercial Help Wanted to have someone write this code for you to change everything to do with the pricing when Discount Coupon is used ... and provide some kind of verbose explination to the customer to explain how they lost all of the in store Specials and Sales because they used the Discount Coupon ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!