Plugin Contributions

add to cart vs. qty in shopping cart

I have searched and been unable to find an answer to this question. I want to have "add to cart" buttons on the product listings pages and individual product description pages but I want to allow the customer to change the quantity in the shopping cart page. It seems that the only way to get quantity control on the shopping cart is to enable qty across all of these pages. Is it possible to change this in Admin or does this require custom coding/modification to templates or scripts?

Thanks,

cpk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add to cart vs. qty in shopping cart

You can't change that behaviour from Admin. To achieve it, make an override copy of includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php and change this section of code:
    Code:
      if ($product['flagShowFixedQuantity']) {
        echo $product['showFixedQuantityAmount'] . '<br /><span class="alert bold">' . $product['flagStockCheck'] . '</span><br /><br />' . $product['showMinUnits'];
      } else {
        echo $product['quantityField'] . '<br /><span class="alert bold">' . $product['flagStockCheck'] . '</span><br /><br />' . $product['showMinUnits'];
      }
    to this:
    Code:
        echo $product['quantityField'] . '<br /><span class="alert bold">' . $product['flagStockCheck'] . '</span><br /><br />' . $product['showMinUnits'];
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

That did it! Thanks!

cpk

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip
    You can't change that behaviour from Admin. To achieve it, make an override copy of includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php and change this section of code:
    Code:
      if ($product['flagShowFixedQuantity']) {
        echo $product['showFixedQuantityAmount'] . '<br /><span class="alert bold">' . $product['flagStockCheck'] . '</span><br /><br />' . $product['showMinUnits'];
      } else {
      }
    to this:
    Code:
    I did this but now I can't updated my quantity in my cart. No matter what I put in the box, when I click the updated cart button, it stays at the same quantity as before. Can you help? Thanks.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I was looking for this solution 2 days ago and it was working excellently, but since upgrading to 1.3.5 I'm not getting a text box in the cart anymore? After the upgrade I made sure to make the neccessary changes in the custom template folder, but still nothing.

Is the text box appearing in the cart dependant on other switches being set? Or did something change with the upgrade?

Cheers,

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, my bad. I didn't replace enough code! All is good