Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Second step in setting up your cart - templates

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    A normal Zen Cart template should automatically expand the center column to fill the space available. Makes me wonder about your template. Do you have a link to your site?
    I'm using Cherry Zen 1.3.7 (have to figure out how to upgrade in between filling orders)

www.smockingbooks.com

What do you call the product display page and product description? (ok I can figure out the last one). Click on the EZ pages links to see what I mean.

Beth-katherine

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Beth-katherine View Post
    I'm using Cherry Zen 1.3.7 (have to figure out how to upgrade in between filling orders)

www.smockingbooks.com

What do you call the product display page and product description? (ok I can figure out the last one). Click on the EZ pages links to see what I mean.

Beth-katherine
    The product display page would more accurately be called the product info page (the one that lists details for just one product.

The column issue is because Cherry Zen uses a non-standard structure. Your question is answered in its support thread (posts 1762-3)
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ttb View Post
    What is the best way to copy the override files/create the override folders? Can I use cpanel to do that?

Is there a better way than downloading zencart, unzipping it, renaming everything called "classic" to "CUSTOM" then ftp'ing the CUSTOM directories with the files inside to the website?
    Just a quick note. You NEVER RENAME OR TOUCH THE CLASSIC FOLDERS to "CUSTOM" or anything else for that matter. You CREATE a custom folder and name it to whatever you want, or whatever your new template is called anywhere there is a Classic folder located, and usually only when you need to make file changes in the same directory that contains a Classic folder.

For instance, using an ftp prgram, if you navigate to includes->modules directory, you will see a "classic" folder there. DON'T TOUCH IT! If you have to change a file inside of includes->modules, then you create a "CUSTOM" folder that has the same name as your custom template. Copy the file you need to change into that folder, then change it (the one inside the custom folder) to your hearts content.

I hope this help clear up any fog around the mysterious Classic Folder!
    I Think, Therefore I Zen. I Zen, Therefore, I AM!
    Personalized Flowers!
    Flowertown Speaking Roses
    using version 1.5.7-06232020

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The product display page would more accurately be called the product info page (the one that lists details for just one product.

The column issue is because Cherry Zen uses a non-standard structure. Your question is answered in its support thread (posts 1762-3)

Thank you for your help, now I have to figure out HOW to do what she says as I tried putting the lines into the CSS but nothing happened. Must be putting it in the wrong spot. Someday I'll figure out PHP (finally got the abbreviation correct, it's PHP not PCP).

Beth-katherine

Plugin Contributions

Since I personally wasted quite a bit of my newbie time doing something the WRONG way, I thought I might share my error, and the correction, for other newbies:

When you are trying to customize the files, and you see in the instructions to edit a file and put it in a new directory named something like...

includes/languages/english/CUSTOM

... you do NOT use the literal word CUSTOM as the folder name when you create the new directory. The word CUSTOM is double-speak for your-template_directory.

In my case, I am using the very nice "ZJ Silver Wide" template. When I look at ADMIN/TOOLS/TEMPLATE SELECTION, I see that the Template Directory is

zj_silver_wide

Thus, any time I see the word /CUSTOM in a path name, I know (NOW!!!) that I must replace it with /zj_silver_wide:

includes/languages/english/zj_silver_wide

HINT from one of the project documents: Wherever you see a folder named "classic" you can safely add your own /CUSTOM folder. Or, in my case, my own /zj_silver_wide folder.

Here is a nice tree diagram of the folder structure, showing the places where you can add a /CUSTOM (/zj_silver_wide) folder.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=143
    Free bird

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I'm so glad this thread was brought to my attention by Zen Cart support! Thank you! Thank you!

I understood I was to leave the classic folder alone, and do my customization to a template with the name I chose. However, I chose "custom" because it was what I planned anyway, and it was short.

These files are located in "custom" folders throughout the site.
    I had a webdesigner upload another site for me who has had her own zencart site for years, and she used "custom" so I thought I was OK.

Of the two zen cart sites, my kachinadirect.com which is on an approved zencart host appears just fine.

However, the kachinaoutpost.com site which is not on an approved zencart host, was there two weeks ago and has disappeared. The browsers say they cannot locate it. I've been in contact with them constantly. They claim they can see it, but no one else I know of can access it. I'd appreciate it if you
    could try it and let me know if you are successful.

Do I have to go in to both sites and change my choice of "custom" in my custom folders?

Thanks so much!
    Sandy

Plugin Contributions

You must have fixed it! YEAH!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

i have install zen cart via Fantastico and follow the instructions to upload the templates to ftp includes/templates..but couldn't find the new upload templates in zen cart admin area >tool> template selection.. there was default classic templates only
    did i miss something??

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Second step in setting up your cart - templates

I have just downloaded the Zen cart to my server and I can not find where the admin page is so that I can get started with doing my store. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lori67 View Post
    I have just downloaded the Zen cart to my server and I can not find where the admin page is so that I can get started with doing my store. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    After you downloaded the files, did you install Zen Cart?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast