Plugin Contributions

Default a couple of issues

I wasn't sure where to post this exactly, so I hope this is ok.

I just started to set up my zen-cart, and used the guide posted in this forum "First Steps to Setting Up Your Online Shop".

I got to:
    "Admin | Configuration | GZip Compression
    -- enable GZip Compression if your server supports it... this makes page display much faster, in most cases"

I tried to change it (the options where "0" for off and "1" for on). I clicked edit, and after that, everything went blank after it had finished loading.

For reference to see, my zen-cart is at this url: http://www.gettwistedaccessories.com...-full-fileset/

As you can see, there isn't really anything being displayed. I can't even access the admin part.

My second question concerns my url. I didn't really have any idea what I was doing at the time, so right now the shopping cart url is really long and quite undesireable. Is there a way to change this? I tried just changing the names but it didn't work and I had to change them back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: a couple of issues

Turn off the GZip ... does it work again?

If so, you need to speak to your hosting site why you do not have this available ... it really makes a difference ...

Moving the site from:
    to something like:
    Would mean changing all references to:
    /zencart/zen-cart-v1.3.0.1-full-fileset/
    to read:
    /catalog/
    in the two files:

/includes/configure.php

/admin/includes/configure.php

Or you could move it to your root directory if you prefer with similar modifications to the same 2 files ...

I prefer the subdirectory such as /catalog or /shop etc as it helps with faster upgrades for me ... but this is a personal preference ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It went blank before I could change the gzip. It happened when I pressed edit, and I never actually got to change it. And now I can't even log back into admin to see what's happening.

Plugin Contributions

Via phpMyAdmin ... find your database and search the configuration table for the configuration_key GZIP_LEVEL

Set the configuration_value to 0

If, in fact, turning GZip on caused the problem ... this will turn it off ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

the configuration was set to 0, and I have no idea what happened, so I deleted everything and started again, which wasn't that big of a hassle. But thank-you for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Weird, I just tried to change the configuration to 1 this time, and it didn't work and did the same thing. Luckily I was able to press the back button and change it back to zero.

Plugin Contributions

Might wish to speak to your hosting site and see what is up with that ...
    Linda McGrath