Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: meta tags for a product - title/tagline

The phrase "Zen Cart! The art of e-commmerce" only occurs in 2 place that I know of -

includes/languages/languages/english.php
    includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php

Both of those should be in the overrides

includes/languages/languages/madhouseminis/english.php
    includes/languages/english/madhouseminis/meta_tags.php

You should go to Admin > tools > developer's toolkit and search for "Zen Cart!" Put the phrase in the lower left box and select all files to search. See if you have other files than what I mentioned.

If not, it seems likely that on of the two files is not in the override, the filename/folder name is spelled wrong or you made edits in a different file. ( I have done all these by the way.)

When I look at the Pepper Pot Wheels though, the title says Pepper Pot Wheels.

This is what is in the page source -
    <title>Pepper Pot Wheels Pepper Pot [Mini] - $599.00</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="pepperpot, pepper, pot, wheel, rrc109630, 109630 mad, house, minis, madhouse, classic, mini, grease car, madhouseminis.com, bits, land rover, cooper, austin, clubman, minor, sale, parts" />
    <meta name="description" content="A set of pepper pot wheels for a classic mini. May fit other cars. 12 diameter, 4x100 lug pattern. " />
    <meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" />
    <meta name="authors" content="The Zen Cart&trade; Team and others" />
    <meta name="generator" content="shopping cart program by Zen Cart&trade;, http://www.zen-cart.com" />
    <base href="http://store.madhouseminis.com/" />
    What do you want to be different?

We'll get this eventually.

Plugin Contributions

First of all, isn't it supposed to be only one /languages for the english.php, not two?

aka:

includes/languages/madhouseminis/english.php

btw: my custom folder has always been madhouseminis, but everyone refers to them as "CUSTOM" so that's what I did, I figured possible security issues? Or just ease of representation for others who may have this problem.

Also, those instances are commented out in english.php...

Alright, so looking at the actual generated source is not something I ever did, probably should have thought of that...anywho...

In the admin when you're looking at the products, and you click on the little button that looks kind of like a bmw logo (roundel) to edit the meta tags it takes you to another page, on this page, at the top there is something that says:
    "Mark What the Product's Meta Tag Title Should Include:"
    And it has these little boxes with little radio buttons next to them that say "yes" or "no"
    There is one little box that says "Title/Tagline." If I choose yes, it put's "Zen Cart! The art of eCommerce" in there, if I click no, it says "excluded" At the bottom of the page it instructs me to change the title/tagline in meta_tags.php, which I have done.
    But, now, looking at the generated meta tags, it appears as if none of those little boxes with their little radio buttons actually do anything at all, at least, not that I can see. So now I am wondering about their actual function, and why the hell I can't find where to change that specific title/tagline. BTW: I have used the developers tool kit to search for it, still can't find it.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

The /custom is used in a tutorial and seems to work well. Hard to mispell and easy to spot. Not a security issue that I am aware of.

I think we should bump this up to one of the devs.

My knowledge of the cart is usually limited to pointing people to tutorials for basic template setup. However, if you send me a pm or an email and attach the custom meta_tags.php and english.php I will be happy to look at them.

In the admin, the product meta-tag allows you to add the title/tagline from the whole site. It seems that is where you are getting "Zen Cart!..." Zen Cart! is the title and The Art of E-Commerce is the tagline default for the site. When you copy the english.php and meta_tags.php into the /custom folder and edit them, it should go away.

So, I am as confused as you.

More later.

Plugin Contributions

Going back to the screen captures above. In my test shop for 1.3 (not live yet) I get the same Zen Cart! ... title/tagline in the admin when I preview the product meta-tag. I do have the title/tagline turned on and I get the customized version that is in the override file.

Let's get call the devs - Kim, Ajeh, Oracle, etc. help please.

Sorry I could not do more for you. I will keep an eye on this thread. If someone does not come along soon you may have to re-post and only ask about the title/tagline.

Good Luck.

Plugin Contributions

what your seeing is called in the admin,
    look in the developers toolkit and search for
    title/tagline in the admin

you will find several places, thats just a place holder,
    the actual meta tags and taglines are called from the meta_tags.php and are displayed properly on the catalog side,
    If this bothers you go ahead and change it there are like 5 or 6 places

admin/includes/languages/english/document_general.php
    is the start

if you look on the catalog side of your site,
    Pick a product and view source.... you get
    <meta name="keywords" content="pepperpot, pepper, pot, wheel, rrc109630, 109630 mad, house, minis, madhouse, classic, mini, grease car, madhouseminis.com, bits, land rover, cooper, austin, clubman, minor, sale, parts" />

so all is working properly

Plugin Contributions

Have to keep eye on this one..
    Employing version 1.3.X

Plugin Contributions

I have to confirm atmh's finding on this issue and his screen shots.

I am also setting up my site and found that the product metatab default is not using the overwrite file and runs into the same issue as reported in this thread.

I have my own meta_tags.php in the overwrite dir, using my real tag, then mod the defaut with "test tag line". product->metatab icon->preview screen displays the "test tag line" and not my real tag line.

We might have found a bug.

Plugin Contributions

yeah, I believe I'm using the latest version, and I never got it to change.

Plugin Contributions

A fix (or at least a workaround) for the admin page title is provided in

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...410#post237410

Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Re: meta tags for a product - title/tagline

The simple fix to this is if you want the tag/title to show your cutoms information, just over write the orginal meta_tag.php with your custom meta_tag.php, this will show the tag/and title in the adim section, when you edit the product's meta_tags. it will also show in your page source see here: http://lextechs.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=2609

of course you have to choose yes in the radio field.
    Lextechs.com Powered By ZenCart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12