Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default linkpoint api mod. inst

Okay on the readme file there is this bit of instructions:

You will need to configure your Linkpoint account with the following settings:

Order Submission URL - This should be set to the URL of the final checkout page, example:
    https://www.YourStore.com/index.php?...t_confirmation

Thank you Page URL - This should be set so that if the transaction is approved, it will process the order, example:
    https://www.YourStore.com/index.php?...eckout_process

Make sure to check the box "Check if you wish to automatically display specified URL after the LinkPoint HTML receipt page."

Sorry Page URL:
    https://www.YourStore.com/index.php?...eckout_payment

I am just wondering where I am configuring?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: linkpoint api mod. inst

Hmmm...

Which 'readme' file are you reading? The text isn't in the one inside the 'Zen Cart - LinkPoint_api.zip' package.

Configuring the LinkPoint account is done on their pages, http://linkpointcenteral.com. You'll need your merchant ID number (store number) & password.

-- Larry

Plugin Contributions

aha! You rock. I got that.

Now I'm having trouble finding the test transaction I did. It is showing as "pending" on the cart. No sign of it in Linkpoint. I finally got SSL installed by my host, BUT only the first page of my site has it. The rest are all http:// BLAH!

I am running in circles here LOL.

Plugin Contributions

oh yeah, and what is cURL and what am I supposed to change/code so that it's right????

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ladysaat
    aha! You rock. I got that.

Now I'm having trouble finding the test transaction I did. It is showing as "pending" on the cart. No sign of it in Linkpoint. I finally got SSL installed by my host, BUT only the first page of my site has it. The rest are all http:// BLAH!

I am running in circles here LOL.
    As I understand it from LPC's tech support, there isn't a 'test' mode any more, nor test numbers -- you have to use a real credit card to do your testing.

It's best to set your prices to something very low, $0.10 or so, run a bunch of test transactions, verify & then back them out on LinkPointCentral.com's web page.

Also, as a fraud protection measure, they only allow one transaction every ten minutes per credit card; so for intensive testing, you'll need several cards used in rotation. It's a hassle, but at least when it's working, you'll know it's working 'for real.'

When all is well, reset the prices to what you want to charge the public.

You set the prices low because you'll be charged a transaction fee, which is based partily on the amount charged, if you don't successfully delete the transaction before they 'run the numbers' (around 7:00pm Pacific time, I'm told).

oh yeah, and what is cURL and what am I supposed to change/code so that it's right????
    It's a set of software routines that are installed by your web server host. Check with them to verify that it's installed -- it probably is. If not, you'll have to ask them to install it for you; you can't do it yourself. See the section 'What is cURL?' in the LinkPoint API manual ('LPAPI_Manual.pdf').

-- Larry

Plugin Contributions

okay talked to host and cURL was already enabled etc. They said I could use it. So is there something I am supposed to do with it now? Or is it doing whatever it needs to since it's enabled already on the server?

Plugin Contributions

As long as it's there, all should be fine. The programming to use it is built into the mod; no action on your part should be required.

Are your test transactions working?

-- Larry

Plugin Contributions

Doing test with real cc number now. I have to set myself up with an account, I set up test account as Jane Doe. I sent you email a bit ago too

Plugin Contributions

okay nothing showing on the linkpoint side of things. I'm giving them a call. I seem to remember from another thread someone called them and they worked it all out quickly so keeping my fingers crossed LOL

Plugin Contributions

Okay I guess I'll just keep all questions in this thread regardless. oops.

So yeah 1) all transactions show as successful/pending on the zen cart side 2)Linkpoint shows no transactions at all 3) This is regardless of mode used, fake/real CC number used etc. 4) linkpoint tech, hostexcellence tech neither can figure it out.

anyone here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast