Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple stores with one checkout ?

I would like to set up multiple small stores instead of one large mixed-product junkfest. However, to my dismay if I understand correctly, every store (domain, URL) would need it's own SSL and merchant account & gateway. This would be prohibitive. Can I somehow redirect the checkout so that this processing happens on one central domain where the SSL and gateways are hooked to? All stores are on the same server with the same IP.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Ad<thanks>vance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple stores with one checkout ?

ooo good question as I also have another store! I was hoping to do same thing.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry its taken a while to reply - but I may have good news. I'm currently putting the final touches on a test store which does exactly what your after, and it should be completed by tomorrow.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Wow !!!

That's fantastic. Can't wait to hear back from you. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

Plugin Contributions

I second the WOW! I am so excited. I really didn't want to pay for a second merchant account. We are a single income fam. and well, if I had alot of money I wouldn't be trying to work from home/stay at home w/kiddies. LOL!

I am very excited. I don't know much but I too would help in any way I could.

Plugin Contributions

Hoping that I am understanding your problem correctly:

What you want is configureable actually quite easily depending on the restrictions that your host has. And individual SSL's & dedicated IP's costing what they do, if your hosting Co. will not support this, time to look for a new host.

This assumes that your host supports and allows 'add-on domains', you have a dedicated IP associated with the primary account url, a SSL registered to the Primary account, reasonable MySQL DB cost or included, and other domain names FQDN's to add. cPanelX makes this easy to manage but is not required.

add your additional domains
    set your SSL to function like a shared SSL that many hosts can/will provide.
    Link/Set your Zencart to point to the correct URL for the SSL sessions in configure.php

Example:

Primary account = ABC.com
    1st add account = ABCpots.com
    2nd add account = ABCpans.com
    3rd add account = ABCspoons.com

and so forth, The url names are inconsequential but the browser will indicate the HTPPS://www.name.com and one might like to keep it associated with your mini-store url's or the other way around; keep your mini stores url's associated with your primary url as this just appears more professional.
    But it will work no matter the url name, just as the shared SSL also works but does not portray any linkage to the stores url at all.

Your primary url will process all the purchases and be setup with a single merchant/gateway account. This might not provide which store the purchase was made from, but this is available in each Zencart install.

Each added domain is addressable via its' own url and you have an instance of ZenCart installed for each in its' own space.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

That is one way to do it, and great if you want to have a separate install for each store. Currently, I have 1 install, with 2 domains pointing to it. When you arrive at the store, hte store recognises the domain, and shows you the appropriate template, and categories. On checkout, all the stores use a common https://secure.domain, and when your finished they return you to your previous store. The secure.domain pages are also displayed with your selected store template, so to the cutomers, what they see depends greatly on which store they are visiting. I have it set so that I can currently jump between stores, keeping the same cart as well.

The great thing about this is that there is only 1 admin, and all your orders go to the same page.

At the moment it is only on a localhost, but I should have it editted and uploaded by later this afternoon for you to see.

Absolute

PS If anyone is interested in helping test this mod, I need someone with a secure server, as I don't have an SSL cert on my test site. Contact me via PM.

Plugin Contributions

Wow. Absolute that totally sounds like what I need to do. I have two separate stores(domains) and want one zen cart and one merchant account. HOW in the heck did you get zen cart to show "different carts" (so to speak) to each store/domain???? I am going to PM you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ladysaat
    Wow. Absolute that totally sounds like what I need to do. I have two separate stores(domains) and want one zen cart and one merchant account. HOW in the heck did you get zen cart to show "different carts" (so to speak) to each store/domain???? I am going to PM you!
    Ladysaat

I get that you're excited and want to get this working for yourself ASAP, but please don't take this off to PMs as then other people who are interested in achieving this may not get the benefit of Absolute's great work.
    Last edited by kuroi; 28 May 2006 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Don't worry, the PM message was only to give me some personal information as to where Laysaat was, and when they would be around for testing.

The module is still a work in progress, but you can see how its going by visiting my test store.

Store A - www.absolute-solutions.co.uk/test/zen/dual/
    Fetching brown - main store, and as such handles all of the "secure" pages. My site is set up to redirect to secure pages, but without the security at the moment.

Store B - www.absoluteproductions.co.uk/test/zen/dual/
    Calming Blue

The two sites are the same site, in the same directory. However, they each use a different template set to give the different layouts, colours and category listing in the side boxes. All of this is edittable in the admin section, including which categories are available.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. I realise that this mod is not for everyone, but I hope that some of you find it useful.

I need another couple of days to test, and finish up the admin pages, and then I'll be able to distribute it to those who are interested.

Absolute

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast