Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple stores with one checkout ?

Ah yes... Addons... that explains how your sample works with different browser addresses. I never had any use for that feature before ...thanks for the free lesson.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute
    Don't worry, the PM message was only to give me some personal information as to where Laysaat was, and when they would be around for testing.

The module is still a work in progress, but you can see how its going by visiting my test store.

Store A - www.absolute-solutions.co.uk/test/zen/dual/
    Fetching brown - main store, and as such handles all of the "secure" pages. My site is set up to redirect to secure pages, but without the security at the moment.

Store B - www.absoluteproductions.co.uk/test/zen/dual/
    Calming Blue

The two sites are the same site, in the same directory. However, they each use a different template set to give the different layouts, colours and category listing in the side boxes. All of this is edittable in the admin section, including which categories are available.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. I realise that this mod is not for everyone, but I hope that some of you find it useful.

I need another couple of days to test, and finish up the admin pages, and then I'll be able to distribute it to those who are interested.

Absolute
    I went to see the Store A & B, and interest to know detail of how to do so....

as I am new touching Zen Cart, previously I made a demo site using OSC, and found Zcart is pretty more nice :)

Plugin Contributions

The two stores are part of a demo site, displaying this mod which is currently under development. As soon as its done, I'll let you know how to install it on your own store.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Absolute;

The mod sounds great, if you’re still looking for beta testers for input, let me know. I have a site with ssl to test this and can setup add-on domains for these too.

My wishlist additions have to do with Advertising, because if you cant advertise and get folks to your multiple stores, you wont have many of the other issues listed on the wish list. (added my wish to the wiki page also)

WISH:
    1) Each store can generate its own feed for FROOGLE, GOOGLE, YAHOO SHOPPING, SHOPZILLA, etc.

I can help here if you need extra hands to look at the FEED MODS to make them work with multi-stores, doesn’t seem that hard to implement, some SQL changes and maybe a little extra work in the ADMIN section, etc.

QUESTION?
    How is GOOGLE RANKING, YAHOO DIRECTORY positioning, and ALEXA statistics affected by this mod? as opposed to an individual store with its own IP? Anyone know how GOOGLE ranks add-on domain sites .vs. sites with own IP. I know Google keeps track of IPs and is one important factor in rankings.
    mystore=LINUX + ZEN1.2.7d + USEO + EZPOP2.75 + QBIv1ZENbeta + XsellV1 + InfoPagesV1 + HelpCenterLive1.2.7 + MyMods
    ----------------------------------------
    My Mods:
    Best Sellers for entire Subcategory MOD

Plugin Contributions

Can I clarify what is happening here!

1. Are these 2 stores in addon domains and therefore point to 2 different REAL subdirectories that each have their own install of zen-cart but use the one database. ie 2 installs & 1 database.
    or
    2. Are they parked domains, therfore 1 zencart install & 1 database.
    I have tried this but as soon as you click on something the configure files are read and it reverts to whatever site is in the config files.

If 1, then how do you synchronize 2 installs accessing the one database?
    or
    if 2, how do get around the hard coded urls in the config files?

If not 1 or 2,
    Have I completely missed what is happening here???

Plugin Contributions

This has been a very interesting thread to follow. From a strategic business / marketing point of view. Though dividing your website into small units with independent urls would enable you to better target specific user groups and possibly give you the illusion of easier admin especially in the area of stock management. There are a few very significant detriments to this method of business set-up.

1st, is in the area of economies of scale and customer retention. Customers purchase a wide variety of products and I am sure that it is better from their perspective to be able to access these products from within one site.

2nd, is search engine optimisation and ranking. Surely, it is more cost effective to promote and have highly ranked, one good site than several me-too sites offering a limited product range.

3rd, is off line marketing, in this area the cost could escalate proportionately upon the number of sites you are promoting.

4th, is your merchant account provider, Having just spoken to the major banks with regard to merchant accounts, they are very tichy when it comes to risk analysis. It is a shame to have to say this, their policy makers are not that clued up on risk dispersment with multi-product sites let alone several sites linking into one merchant account. From my discussion with them, I believe that they may well refuse a multiple site set-up or require a separate account for each website.

5th, the merchant account would require a definitive email address for the main store connecting to their system. This would present another problem from a customer perspective. Customer A buys a product from the main store which is fine, customer B buys from a subsidiary store with a different site name but gets a confirmation email from the main store. This would raise questions as to whom the customer is dealing with. Would the policies of both stores be the same ‘Unification’. The banks would want assurances of this and especially who is liable for charge backs and complaints. They would also be very interested in who is liable in the case of a subsidiary or even the main store becoming bankrupt and closing down. (Risk analysis again) Both the banks and the customer would want to know whom they complain to.

I think these little snippets of thought provoking material is enough at this stage. My advice is to think carefully before commiting yourself to a lot of hard work. Check and double check every aspect of the operation that you are planning to set up. You dont want an Autocratic Jobsworth type guy to scuttle efforts just before you go live.

Maybe I have had no right to include them in this section. My rational has been on the basis of multiple linked stores. If they are out of place please feel free to amend the copy as you think fit and re-place them in a more appropriate area of the site.
    Kind regards
    Stephan Toth

Plugin Contributions

WOW Absolute at al - this looks very good. I was directed here from a question I asked elsewhere.

I was after a SINGLE instalation of ZenCart with, say, 5 sites using that same instalation. Each with their own separate logins, carts and templates. There is a master login with the ability to add a new cart and assign a template (complete with logins etc)

They will all utilise the same shared SSL on our server.

This will mean that we will have only one instalation to look after and upgrade and upkeep etc. And the process of adding another shop would be much simpler, just design a template, add another user (complete with separate URL), asign the login details and template and off you go.

Thoughts??

Plugin Contributions

How's it going Absolute?

Plugin Contributions

Testing is going well - I'm trying to add as many features as possible to the first release, so that we don't ahve to re-write chunks of code when an idea comes along that we didn't already consider.

Slipsam - do you have a sample tracking code you would like to include? I currently have the footers being set in templates, so its no problem to add the tracking to the relevant footer.

Keep you all posted.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

This is simply amazing and I wanted to thank for your efforts

Question: What is the ETA for this mod?
    Can this be downloaded currently and used?

Also, would the users be able to setup their own products and shipping cost as well? What about the taxes?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast