Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

error in upgrade: "Your database needs patching to a higher level."

I uploaded version 1.3.0.1 files to my site, but I've not yet run the zc install file. I'm not sure if I will.

My store looks like it's working fine, exept for the error message, "Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.” You can view my store here.

I have no idea what is wrong here, or how to correct it. My current Database Patch Level is 1.3.0

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error in upgrade: "Your database needs patching to a higher level."

but I've not yet run the zc install file. I'm not sure if I will.
    Why not? If you don't, then your database will not be updated, and thus you will continue to get the indicated error message. Plus, your database and your core files will remain out of sync, with unpredictable results.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    If you don't, then your database will not be updated, and thus you will continue to get the indicated error message.
    Are you saying that the error message occured because I didn't run the zc install? If I run the install, will that correct the problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes.

Run zc_install/index.php, and choose Database Upgrade from the System Inspection screen.

All of the upgrade instructions, including this, are included in the /docs folder of the Zen Cart ZIP file.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Thank you for the help! That corrected the problem.

However, now there's another problem - I can't delete the zc_install folder. I deleted all the files within that folder, but my FTP software won't allow me to delete the folder.

I keep getting this message: "550 zc_install: Directory not empty. Unable to remove folder "/store/zc_install",

Should I just rename zc_install to something else? Remember, the folder is empty; I just can't figure out how to delete the folder.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, for now just rename it.

You might try using your hosting control panel's "file manager" to delete the folder later. Chances are there's a hidden file in there (some FTP programs don't display files starting with a . like .htaccess etc)

I got this same error when I upgraded. I used Fantastico to upgrade my store, and for some reason, I get a page not found error when I try to run zc_install/index.php to fix the problem. Is there something else I'm doing wrong?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fantastico doesn't appear to be doing a great job of upgrading.

Better off doing it manually.

If you don't have a zc_install folder on your server, of course you'll get a "page not found" error when you try to access files in it. You'll have to upload it yourself, after downloading the latest Zen Cart ZIP file (see the "Get Zen Cart" link at the top of this page). Follow the instructions in the /docs folder of the ZIP.

Thank you. That fixed it.

Plugin Contributions

im getting the same patching error. however i upgraded to 1.3.0.1 using the zc_install... i dont need to run it again , do i ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast