Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Unable to login to admin area

Greetings!

I am trying to setup a website for my hemp clothing business and can't manage to log into the admin area.

CATALOG link: www.earthsfibres.ca (catalog is in the root)
    ADMIN link: www.earthsfibres.ca/admin/index.php
    TECH SUPPORT link: http://www.earthsfibres.ca/zc_instal...e/techsupp.php

[EDIT: ADMIN INFO DELETED]

- I have just installed Zen Cart on a Linux server running Apache. www.blacksun.ca

- The store itself loads fine and there are no error messages.

- When I try and log into ADMIN I put in my user name and password and hit login there is no error message that appears, the admin area does not load, and my user name I just typed in along with the pwd gets erased. Essentially I am left with a fresh login page to the Admin area.

- resending my admin password does not work either

- I have also noticed that I am unable to create users on the main site... when I fill out all the info and hit send or ok there is no error or confirmation that is displayed... again I get left with a blank form again... as if I had not entered anything at all.

- I have also tried renaming the .htaccess in the admin/includes directory but that has not helped

- I have also tried reinstalling to make sure the password was correct, although it should give an error message if the password was wrong

- I have also tried turning off the auto update checker in the ski_version_check.ini file....

If I think of or try anything else I will post it.

I have also read the info on this site regarding having no firewalls and making sure that the browsers cash is clean... accepts cookies and that is not the case here.

I also know that the Database was created successfully and that there is a record for my admin account.

Any help would be greatfully accepted.

Cheers.
    ~ Jano.
    Last edited by DrByte; 26 May 2006 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to login to admin area

open your /admin/includes/configure.php file and set the 2 SSL definitions to 'false'
    then try again.
    Trying to rule out SSL for the time being.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about the double post... I'm having internet problems here at work...

I got page can't be displayed and assumed it was not posted

I'll try your suggested course of action and let you know what happens.

Thank you.
    ~ Jano.

Plugin Contributions

Ok Dr Byte that worked... thank you.

now I have to figure out why SSL is not working.

~Jano.

Plugin Contributions

oddly enough, I'm experiencing a similar problem (the site is in dev, so not publicly visible). However, disabling SSL did absolutely nothing. When I try to login, a bad user/pass gives me the appropriate message, but a valid user/pass just returns me to the login screen, with no error on the page, nor any errors (SSL or otherwise) in the web server logs.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nvmsys View Post
    oddly enough, I'm experiencing a similar problem (the site is in dev, so not publicly visible). However, disabling SSL did absolutely nothing. When I try to login, a bad user/pass gives me the appropriate message, but a valid user/pass just returns me to the login screen, with no error on the page, nor any errors (SSL or otherwise) in the web server logs.
    Me too. Same darned problem! Don't know where to go from here! (sigh...)

Plugin Contributions

Default Forgot Admin Login

Hi there,

In the very simpliest of terms, how can I retreive my admin login? It sent me a new password but that's no useful when I forgot my login.

Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated!

Sincerely;
    Laurie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Forgot Admin Login

Quote Originally Posted by ehtraveler View Post
    In the very simpliest of terms, how can I retreive my admin login? It sent me a new password but that's no useful when I forgot my login.
    From the FAQ section
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earthsfibres View Post
    Greetings!

I am trying to setup a website for my hemp clothing business and can't manage to log into the admin area.

CATALOG link: www.earthsfibres.ca (catalog is in the root)
    ADMIN link: www.earthsfibres.ca/admin/index.php
    TECH SUPPORT link: http://www.earthsfibres.ca/zc_instal...e/techsupp.php

[EDIT: ADMIN INFO DELETED]

- I have just installed Zen Cart on a Linux server running Apache. www.blacksun.ca

- The store itself loads fine and there are no error messages.

- When I try and log into ADMIN I put in my user name and password and hit login there is no error message that appears, the admin area does not load, and my user name I just typed in along with the pwd gets erased. Essentially I am left with a fresh login page to the Admin area.

- resending my admin password does not work either

- I have also noticed that I am unable to create users on the main site... when I fill out all the info and hit send or ok there is no error or confirmation that is displayed... again I get left with a blank form again... as if I had not entered anything at all.

- I have also tried renaming the .htaccess in the admin/includes directory but that has not helped

- I have also tried reinstalling to make sure the password was correct, although it should give an error message if the password was wrong

- I have also tried turning off the auto update checker in the ski_version_check.ini file....

If I think of or try anything else I will post it.

I have also read the info on this site regarding having no firewalls and making sure that the browsers cash is clean... accepts cookies and that is not the case here.

I also know that the Database was created successfully and that there is a record for my admin account.

Any help would be greatfully accepted.

Cheers.
    ~ Jano.
    I have the exact same problem!! i checked both are false... on top of that i tried the same install on 2 different hosts and and it works on one and not the other... and the one it doesnt work on has a newer mysql and phpadmin... also i have the latest and greatest of zencart... its driving me crazy!! please help...

Plugin Contributions

also here are the install specs:

* Webserver = Apache
    * HTTP Host = store.nightvisionmall.com
    * Path_Translated = /home/httpd/vhosts/store.nightvisionmall.com/httpdocs/opticshq/zc_install/index.php
    * Server Free Disk Space = 54.06 GB
    * PHP O/S = Linux
    * PHP API Mode = apache2filter
    * PHP Max Execution Time per page = 30
    * Register Globals = OFF
    * MySQL Support = ON
    * PHP Version = 4.3.2
    * PHP Safe Mode = OFF
    * PHP Sessions Support = ON
    * PHP Session.AutoStart = OFF
    * PHP session.use_trans_sid = OFF
    * Current SQL Cache Folder = /home/httpd/vhosts/store.nightvisionmall.com/httpdocs/opticshq/cache -->Writeable
    * Suggested SQL Cache Folder = /home/httpd/vhosts/store.nightvisionmall.com/httpdocs/opticshq/cache
    * PHP magic_quotes_runtime setting = OFF
    * PHP GD Support = ON
    * GD Version = GD bundled (2.0.12 compatible)
    * PHP ZLIB Compression Support = ON
    * PHP OpenSSL Support = ON
    * PHP cURL Support = ON
    * PHP Upload Support = ON upload_max_filesize=2M; post_max_size=8M
    * PHP Upload TMP dir =

View PHPINFO for your server
    Other System Information (For Reference Only)
    The following info does not necessarily indicate any problem or configuration issue. It is simply for the sake of displaying it in an easy-to-find location.

* PHP include_path = .:
    * PHP SMTP destination = localhost
    * PHP sendmail path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
    * PHP sendmail 'from' = [email protected]
    * PHP open_basedir restrictions =
    * PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF
    * PHP FTP Support = ON
    * PHP XML Support = ON
    * PHP Session.Save_Path = /tmp -->Writeable

File and Folder Permissions
    In order for many Zen Cart™ administrative and day-to-day functions to work properly, You need to mark several files/folders "Writeable". The following is a list of folders which need to be "read-write", along with recommended CHMOD settings. Please correct these settings before continuing installation. Refresh this page in your browser to re-check settings.

Some hosts may not allow you to set CHMOD 777, but only 666. Start with the higher setting first, and switch to lower values if required.

* includes/configure.php = Writeable
    * admin/includes/configure.php = Writeable
    * cache = OK
    * images = OK
    * includes/languages/english/html_includes = OK
    * media = OK
    * pub = OK
    * admin/backups = OK
    * admin/images/graphs = OK

################################################################################___

PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF
    is the only thing that is yellow but its the same on the other host and the other host has even more yellows...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast