Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to login to admin area

Hi!

I was having the same problem (Admin login refreshes) and my FF updated to 3.6 Beta 2 last night.

I tried with Chrome and it logged in OK. Weird.

Plugin Contributions

same solution here, dumped cache etc from firefox... solved issue.

sounds like a few other people are having additional issues, but it solved my issue anyways.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to login

I appear to be having this login problem also;

the site has been up and running for over six months and everything was fine last week. When I tried to login this week I encountered an admin login page which seemed to be redirecting to itself without error.
    The SSL are both set to false
    I have cleared the browser cache
    I have tried login in 3 different browsers
    I am unable to contact my web hosting hosts; they appear to be on holiday or something.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the exact same problem with the latest Zen Cart version installed on localhost (Ubuntu Karmic). I have tried everything suggested in the FAQ area and the forum yet nothing works. There are no error messages in apache's error log either.

Plugin Contributions

I just upload the last Zen Cart on my new hosting by Fantastico.
    I'm able to see the site, but when I try to enter the admin area, after I enter name and password the page is blank.
    Please advise
    Emanuele

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Unable to login to admin area

Well let me join the ranks here.... Been working on the cart 1.3.8a now for about 3 weeks on localserver, uploaded it to live server http://www.thequestshop.com/store/ edited all and worked just great for a week. Worked on it last night (no edits to ANY file) went had dinner and came back up, could not log into Admin, nor can I login as a user. Resend password just loops, admin login loops. User login states "There was a security error when trying to login." No warnings on Admin login.

Looked at the local verses Online in phpadmin in EVERY area (same names on both, same database etc) all Indentical. Did a back up night before last of the database, flushed all and re loaded, same thing.

Used Compare on files in local verses online dir other than local host verses online all same as ner as can tell.

Did Reg fix, Spy ware fix. Broswer clean on both IE and Firefox, Samething.

Tried 3 other PCs Same thing.

Now lost on what to do next.

Went into IE and Firefox and manualy deleted ALL Cookies/info that pretained to thequestshop of ALL types, files and txt still nothing. Booted, nothing. Looked at recent updates a Vista update was done 2 days ago.

Need some advise, need it as soon as possible, understand fully this is a freeware program but if I cannot get it to work I must move on paid or free does not matter, losing time, money and patients. Love the program do not get me wrong best open source one I had found and I think I installed 8 of them prior to this one, hated all. So PLEASE help as it appears there is more than I having cvoncerns here....

Plugin Contributions

I created an account and can login/out with FireFox 3.5 and IE 6.x on your site and am unable to reproduce a problem ... were you able to fix this?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Try resetting your Zen Cart admin login as outlined here:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2

Once you have done that and logged in successfully then you can change it back to what you want.

If that doesn't work then check to make sure that the server firewall is not blocking your ip address.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I created an account and can login/out with FireFox 3.5 and IE 6.x on your site and am unable to reproduce a problem ... were you able to fix this?

Sorry yes I fixed it.

I posted a little deal about it, the ROOT htaccess file, not for the store but for the site which as I remember correctly rules all dirs under it unless you change the htaccess in the dir of question to ignore the root one.

Well my Root htaccess was causing a loop in login as I think others may have as they say the same thing so I posted a little about htaccess so others may check theirs.. Something on the rewrite rule, do not have old one anymore, edited it, cleared cache for the 50th or so time and all worked....

Say your login.... thanks for checking....

Plugin Contributions

Same problem here... I didn't touch the admin for a few days, tried to log in today and no success so far...
    I cleared all cookies, cache and browser history, tried it in 3 different browsers and 2 different computers... No success so far...

What I did find with capturing the HTTP headers was that after the login I get redirected to the index of the admin ( /admin/index.php ) with a 302 and it sets a cookie ( zenAdminID=<hash>; path=/; domain=<full-domain>, ) at the same time.

On retrieving the index page the zenAdminID cookie is offered in the call. At the index I get redirected to the login page ( /admin/login.php ) with a 302.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast