Plugin Contributions

Default Logo & Main page help please

Hi there - I have been all through the FAQ and tried what it told me to do, however, I am quite confused.

Here is the store

www.frugal-scrapbooking.com/cart

I would like something across the top that looks like this

www.clikchicdesigns.com

How do I do it? What are the specifications? And where do I put the new logo, like what file? I know it says all this in FAQ, but I just can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone here speak english? lol

Also, my second question is I will be ready to go live with the store as soon as I sort out the image problems...how do I make it so when someone punches in my store name in their url it goes to the main page of the store?

Thanks, and please don't roll your eyes.

~Andrea

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Logo & Main page help please

Do you want to create this new logo yourself or are you looking for a custom made one?

If you want a custom made one do a google search for logo design, logo maker, logo generator.

If you are going to do it yourself.

Pick a photo or graphic that you want to use.

Open your favorite graphic software and import the photo or graphic from the step above.

Modify your graphic until it looks the way you want it.

Save it to includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> images

Upload the file to your server.

Now you'll need to make a couple of changes in your stylesheet.css

something like:

#logo {background: url(../images/yourgraphic.jpg) no-repeat;}

www.frugal-scrapbooking.com/cart will take people to the front page of your site.

Plugin Contributions

If you want to eliminate the /cart in your url so that a shopper finds your new ZenCart at your root url there are a couple of things that you must do.

First, using a FTP client on your PC, transfer the /cart folder with all contents to your PC. This does a couple of things;
    1 You now have a local backup of all the Zencart files as of when you do this.
    2. You can FTP all the contents inside the /cart folder from this local copy back to your root directory on your host.

I see that you have a current page at the root with several things. You can and should retain these files either in another folder on your host or by FTP'ing then to your PC. You need to remove these files from the root first.

Then FTP the contents (not the folder) of your local copy of the Zencart files to the root location on your host.

Secondly; Now on your local copy find and make copies of the 2 configure.php files they are at
    /cart/includes/configure.php
    /cart/admin/includes/configure.php

With your favorite txt/code editor open the copies and in each you will find this type of code:
    Code:
    // NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
      // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
      define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/cart/admin/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/cart/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/cart/admin/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/cart/');
    The reference or pointers to the cart/ locations need to be changed to the root, for the above they would look like this, and you will need to change all references to cart to match. (find cart helps)
    Code:
    // NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
      // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
      define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
      define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
      define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
    change both files & remember which one is the admin file and FTP them to their correct locations on your host. Now assuming you have been careful and corrected the paths correctly, entering your URL will open ZenCart.

Good Luck with your store.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra
    If you want to eliminate the /cart in your url so that a shopper finds your new ZenCart at your root url there are a couple of things that you must do.
    Heya...I am going to keep these instructions open in another window while I do this. I really appreciate you taking the time to help out, and I think now I've got it. I plan on deleting all the current pages at the root level. That was the old cart - this is the new (and much more desired) one.

Thanks, I'll come back when all is complete...

~Andrea

Plugin Contributions

Heya - I got the logo on

www.frugal-scrapbooking.com

but what about the rest of what it left? do I get rid of those thru the admin panel?

Thanks
    ~Andrea

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra
    Secondly; Now on your local copy find and make copies of the 2 configure.php files they are at
    /cart/includes/configure.php
    /cart/admin/includes/configure.php
    I can't open these - they are .php files and my computer keeps asking me which program I want to use to open them, but then doesn't recognize the affiliation with notepad or anything... I must have done something wrong...

Plugin Contributions

It should be possible to open them in Notepad, but then you have to be sure you are saving them as .php files - Notepad wants to save everything as .txt by default.

A good way to edit all your zc files is to download an editor like Notepad++ (there are a number of other programs that people like too). It will automatically deal with php files, and highlight syntax to show if you are making any basic mistakes.