Thread: Centering Logo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Centering Logo

Quote Originally Posted by babydi77
    I'm going to keep working on this but it is puzzling me. My banner is centered in IE and Avant but not Firefox (which I use most). www.memories-forever.net/shopping
    This CSS from your stylesheet
    #logo, {text-align: center;} .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    float: left
    }
    should read
    #logo {
    text-align: center;
    }

.centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    }
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

This line in your stylesheet.css needs to be corrected:

Code:
    #logo, {text-align: center;} .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {

}
    Change it as follows:
    Code:

#logo {text-align: center;}

.centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {

}

Plugin Contributions

OMGosh, LOL. Thank you! Both of you!

Diana

Plugin Contributions

Hi there

I've tried amending the code in the stylesheets as above but cannot seem to centre the logo either

See www.oldersoftware.co.uk

I've managed to change the width of the site and I'm v.happy with that - it was starting to look pretty cramped before.

Thanks

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Phil

Your problem is rather different. You are using the tables-based Classic template (not recommended unless you are running a pre-1.3 version of Zen Cart). Your logo is ocntainined within a table cell and in the same row and to the right is another cell. Although that cell is empty, it is defined to have a width of 35% and so pushes back against the cell containing the logo preventing it from centering.

I suggest that you go to your includes/templates/classic/common/tpl_header.php file and remove the redundant cell.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply - Brilliant response!

Here is the code :

<tr>
    <td align="left" valign="top" width="35%" class="headerNavigation">
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
    <?php if (isset($_SESSION['customer_id'])) { ?>
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>
    <?php
    } else {
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>

Which bits of this do I remove?
    I did a search on 35%

Thanks!

Phil

Plugin Contributions

The bit you want is further on than this and I'm not very familar with it or how it varies from version to version as I steer clear of this template. However, the code you want will look similar, but I suspect not identical, to this
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="header">
    <tr><!-- All HEADER_ definitions in the columns below are defined in includes/languages/english.php //-->
    <td valign="middle" height="<?php echo HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT; ?>" width="<?php echo HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH; ?>">
    <?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>'; ?>
    </td>

<td align="center" valign="top">
    <?php
    if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '') {
    echo HEADER_SALES_TEXT;
    }
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2)) {
    if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner);
    }
    }
    ?>
    </td>

</tr>
    </table>
    The cell highlighted in green is for the logo, the only in red is for the tagline which I suspect you have turned off, which is why the cell is empty once the php has been processed. I'd search for the HEADER_SALES_TEXT constant and then delete or comment out everything from the <td before it to the </td> afterwards inclusive.

Plugin Contributions

I'll have a play.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

gah errr..

ive tried the changes to the css file suggested, yet i can not get my logo centered

(and i have yet to map it)

am i not editing the correct css file? i have edited and uploaded the file in my future_zen folder. should i be uploading this else where too?
    G Clef Jewelry
    Dichroic and Beaded Jewelry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lala_G_Clef_Jewelry
    gah errr..

ive tried the changes to the css file suggested, yet i can not get my logo centered

(and i have yet to map it)

am i not editing the correct css file? i have edited and uploaded the file in my future_zen folder. should i be uploading this else where too?
    You're doing all the right things, you just need to remove the line marked in red below as it is getting in the way
    #logo {
    display:inline;
    margin: 10px 0 0 10px;
    }

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast