Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Recover Cart

Check your cache folder for the debug log and it will give you a clue as to what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ak6000 View Post
    I just installed and configured this module without any problem or error message.

When I go to either tool->Recover cart sales or Report->Recover cart sales results I see the following warring with no listing even though I have personally created few abandoned cart!

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply DecoStyle. Per your recommendation, I checked the cache folder and find out the 'scart' db table did not exist.

Since I was upgraded from v1.3.9 I used the Upgrade sql patch, but apparently I needed to use Install instead!

So I used the install-ZC-v-1-5.sql and everything is working.

Plugin Contributions

This seems like a very simple problem, but I can't figure out why only one other responder has said that their site has the same problem.

Since my problems seem to be prefix related, I courageously changed the beginning of the install script to be:

(Please note: <PREFIX> is replaced with my actual prefix; and <DATABASE> is replaced by the name of my database)

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS <PREFIX>_scart;
    CREATE TABLE <PREFIX>_scart (
    scartid int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    customers_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
    dateadded varchar(8) NOT NULL default '',
    datemodified varchar(8) NOT NULL default '',
    PRIMARY KEY (scartid),
    UNIQUE KEY customers_id (customers_id),
    UNIQUE KEY scartid (scartid)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM;

When I run this amended SQL statement, it errors out with:

MySQL said:
    #1146 - Table '<DATABASE>.configuration_group' doesn't exist

Well duh silly Zen Cart, I know that table doesn't exist because the actual table is: <DATABASE>.<PREFIX>_configuration_group.

Since I am rather SequIlliterate (for those who humour is not as warped as mine, that means illiterate when it comes to all things SQL), I have no idea how I could, or more importantly whether I should, further edit this SQL statement.

Is there some other place in my admin settings where perhaps my prefix name should be stored but it isn't? Surely the fact that I have a prefix would not be unusual, but perhaps for some unknown reason some 'processes' may not be 'seeing' that a prefix exists???? This might explain some other dramas I am experiencing . . . your insights would be majorly appreciated!
    Sean M - Sydney, Australia

Plugin Contributions

Downloaded, Installed files on my website and ran the SQL in the ZC Admin. Not seeing anything in the Admin under Tools or Configuration.

Running ZC v1.3.9
    Installed v 1.3.0 Recover Cart Sales - Version: 3.1.0 for Zen Cart® Versions v1.3.8.

Maybe I did something wrong?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Got it working. I never changed user permissions under Tools > Admin Settings.

ma bad

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to add my two cents, after one whole morning wasted trying to solve my problem with no success...

Running ZenCart v1.3.9
    Followed instructions as given, carefully.
    I was always getting the following message:

12 statements processed
    Error: Impossible to add configuration_key "" as already existand (or similar meaning message, I'm Italian)
    Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.
    Well, the upgrade_exceptions table was empty, and I was only able to find the _scart table, correctly created, but I was not able to find ANY of the RCS_ entry in zencart_configuration table.

I tried to apply the SQL patch using the Admin side, but the message was always the same.
    I tried doing this UPLOADING the patch, but this not even worked (it was indeed my first time...)
    I tried doing this from myPHPAdmin and obviously there were many references missing...

So, after a DB clearing of the wrongly created tables (the ones created from myPHPAdmin for example...), I decided to run the "DO IT BY HAND" way...

Well, I know this could be very dangerous, but I know how SQL behaves and I know how to enter some data...

I took my risks.

I then entered the first zencart_configuration table value and I succeeded, so I went on with the second... and the third (I know, I had to enter also the value for zencart_configuration_group, but I looked for the right value before starting...).

After the third value, I was already tired (you know: computers should help, not complicate our lives...).

So I edited the original SQL patch to remove the already entered values, to reflect the values which were created by the script (see above) and decided to try to complete this phase within myPHPAdmin...

I succeeded and I was finally able to find all the configuration values within the Configuration menu, to edit them and to finally find my abandoned carts...

I guess that the instruction to create the configuration table is somewhat too long and this could be a problem.

My suggestion is to split it into two shorter instructions to avoid any problems to other, similar to the one I personally suffered.

Hope having given some useful hints to you all.

Best regards.

mickymix

Plugin Contributions

this is in amazing module and thanks much for putting together! the problem i'm having is that the URL's in the dispatched emails are not friendly at all - is there a way to fix this? i'm using seo urls if it matters.

Plugin Contributions

no one using this has configured it to use friendly urls?

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to say thanks to whomever wrote and maintains this module.

I currently have better than 10% recovery rate since implementing it, not only that, but even have a few repeat 'recovered' customers now.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bi11i View Post
    the problem i'm having is that the URL's in the dispatched emails are not friendly at all - is there a way to fix this? i'm using seo urls if it matters.
    1. Why you need seo url in the emails? Search engines do not look at them. You're not surprised by the lack of seo url in the remaining emails of admin - newsletters, notifications, status changes notice, individual emails, etc.

2. The problem of using user Friendly URL in the admin - is a global problem and solved it must be by a seo url developer.

Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast