Plugin Contributions

Added a banner and main page content went missing???

Please help. Before spring, I modified the way the main page displays and moved the 3rd header banner group into the main center column area of the main page. I have been using it there ever since to display our new spring specials as auto-rotating HTML based banners.

Today, I added a new banner group and a new image based banner, then turned off the spring ad banner group and turned on this new one in the header position 3, and all of a suddon, the other center column sections that I had enabled in the "Index Listing" settings, don't show up. I put the banner settings back to the way they were in the "Layout Settings" page and the center column sections are still missing.

The only center column that I didn't have displayed before was "Show New Products on Main Page". Now, if I turn it on, it displays just fine, but none of the others will display. I've checked and played with every possible setting I can think of and nothing works.

I would feel like it was user error if it had not been working properly, but it has been working all along. All I did was add a new banner in a new banner group and turn that group on, then refreshed the page and it was all missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    Gary

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Added a banner and main page content went missing???

Can you post a link to the site? Oh and confirm whether or not you are viewing this in Internet Explorer
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Found the problem. One of those "makes you feel real stupid" kind of problems. Everything was set to expire at the end of May, and I guess the server rolled the date over while I was adding the banner. What a coincidence!

Thanks anyway,
    Gary

Plugin Contributions

Gary,

Thanks for the update on your mystery.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by garyh357
    Found the problem. One of those "makes you feel real stupid" kind of problems. Everything was set to expire at the end of May, and I guess the server rolled the date over while I was adding the banner. What a coincidence!

Thanks anyway,
    Gary
    That's really bad luck, but well done for tracking it down and thanks for sharing.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)