Page 105 of 120 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1194
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

Quote Originally Posted by kitten091182 View Post
    *site contains adult content*

http://www.twistedtaboo.co.uk/store/...roducts_id=218

this is a link to the page. As you can see, the additional image is in the tab even though it is turned to off. I wanted to integrate swap images in mouseover into my site, and so didnt want the images in the tabs. Although now after uploading the files for it to my server, it seems more trouble than it is worth!! So probably gona scrap it anyway. Would still like a solution for this problem though if possible?
    it would appear that you have either global additional images enabled, or a tag in the description. Verify that you have a "Configuration->Tabbed Products Config" area in your admin section with 12 config settings. Set the Global Additional Images on Tab to 0

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by glitchbit View Post
    Can this work with ZenMagick also?
    Yes and No. To understand why, let me explain a bit more what ZenMagick is (as there is obviously still need for clarification).

ZenMagick consists of two main blocks:

1) A object oriented API on top of the zen-cart database.

This is basically a collection of PHP classes that can be used to code things like this:
    Code:
      $productService = new ZMProducts();
      $product = $productService->getProductForId(3);
      echo $product->getName();
    Of course, there are much more methods to access nearly all data on products, accounts, addresses, the shoppingcart, etc.

Code like that above can be added anywhere in your code. This includes templates, header files, etc.

2) An alternative templating (themes) system.
    This is a fully blown MVC (model-view-controller) based architecture that implements nearly all zen-cart templates files using the ZenMagick API.

There are quite some advantages:
    * Clean template code (no SQL)
    * Full control over the generated HTML - all HTML can be customized without touching any ZenMagick or zen-cart files.
    * File based page caching
    * Simple validation framework where both client side (JavaScript) and server side validation share a common configuration
    * Easy to extend
    * Plugin architecture (not finished yet :)
    * For more check the ZenMagick website and/or the ZenMagick Blog.

It is possible to use the API and some of the other features together with zen-cart templates. That means you can keep your existing templates, but build additional features using the ZenMagick API. In that case the mod will work together with ZenMagick.

If using the ZenMagick theme code, though, mods that include zen-cart template files will not work. Pure admin mods are not affected.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, mano

thats the thing, i havent got the global additional tabs set to on. ive toggled between on and off and it still shows inside the tabs. i havent added it as a tag in the description either. in " includes/templates/example_template/templates/template_product_info_display.php however, there is this code "<!--bof Additional Product Images -->
    <?php if (!$bAdditionalImages && !$bsubtab_AdditionalImages) {
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_additional_images.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_additional_images.php');
    }?>
    <!--eof Additional Product Images -->

i dont know whether this is affecting it. i removed it however temporarily and the tab was still there.... there seems to be no way to get rid of it!!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your quick reply, DerManoMann.

I think I will move on without zenmagick and focus on more important features and mods that will play nicer together. But if I run into instance where the ZenMagick API can help I still may consider it. I think its main appeal to me was maybe a better layout template to work with but I am well versed in coding layouts so it is fine to move on without it.

Plugin Contributions

thats the thing, i havent got the global additional tabs set to on. ive toggled between on and off and it still shows inside the tabs. i havent added it as a tag in the description either. in " includes/templates/example_template/templates/template_product_info_display.php however, there is this code "<!--bof Additional Product Images -->
    <?php if (!$bAdditionalImages && !$bsubtab_AdditionalImages) {
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_additional_images.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_additional_images.php');
    }?>
    <!--eof Additional Product Images -->

i dont know whether this is affecting it. i removed it however temporarily and the tab was still there.... there seems to be no way to get rid of it!!
    I've just retested it on my demo site and it seems to be working fine. Deleting that code won't take it out of the tab. It will prevent it from showing outside of the tab when disabled.

Also be sure that you aren't using the "NON-ADMIN EDITION" version of the modules/tabbed_products_lite.php file, as that will ignore the database settings and use the file based settings in that file. It seems that either that is the case, or that the syn names aren't matching up to the database names.

Technically I'm using:
    if (!$bAdditionalImages && !$bsubtab_AdditionalImages) .

I probably should be using:
    if ($iAdditionalImages == "1" && !$bsubtab_AdditionalImages)

It really only matters in cases like this where things aren't matching up.

I will take a look at improving that in the next version I'm working on. But it shouldn't cause any problems if the names line up.

I think I will move on without zenmagick and focus on more important features and mods that will play nicer together. But if I run into instance where the ZenMagick API can help I still may consider it. I think its main appeal to me was maybe a better layout template to work with but I am well versed in coding layouts so it is fine to move on without it.
    I may take a look at how it all works together in the near future
    Last edited by qhome; 27 Jun 2007 at 03:52 PM.

ive reuploaded the admin file, instead of the non admin one, and it is still doing the same thing, so i couldnt of had the wrong file uploaded. should i change the code as you have suggested? will that fix it?

Plugin Contributions

ive reuploaded the admin file, instead of the non admin one, and it is still doing the same thing, so i couldnt of had the wrong file uploaded. should i change the code as you have suggested? will that fix it?
    Well I'm not sure what problem you are having. If you like, set me up with a temporary admin account on your site and I can check out things from the back end. The code change isn't really a fix, it would just give a better error.

Plugin Contributions

That's fine. Good luck with that. One of the main reasons for the alternative theme code is that it actually lets you customise all HTML, which you might actually appreciate if you want to implement more sophisticated designs. (.. but I might have said that already :)

mano

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DerManoMann View Post
    That's fine. Good luck with that. One of the main reasons for the alternative theme code is that it actually lets you customise all HTML, which you might actually appreciate if you want to implement more sophisticated designs. (.. but I might have said that already :)

mano
    Ya, if it does what it sounds like it can do, it might be worth working with it, because it can be difficult getting all the tags and code logic in the proper places.

I will check it out and see if I can get a better understanding of it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have just installed v3.8 and everything works perfect. One thing I cannot figure out - how to wrap the description text around the image - like on your example

http://www.unbannable.com/zen/index....&products_id=1

I guess, there should float:left somewhere in the CSS...

What should I change to wrap the text?

Thanks
    A