Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

Thanks for all the great work you're doing with this mod. This contribution is going to make the layout on product detail screen much nicer.

Two things:
    1. When testing the demo on your site if I navigate from the Default Product Description tab to another one and then come back to Product Description it doesn't display the original view. However, if I refresh my screen it displays the rest of the information.
    2. Can you please comment on which version of this contribution is a better approach to implement that will make it less of an headache for future upgrade. The Lite version doesn't touch any ZC stuff where as the one in the download section requires a DB table as well using a new product type if I understand correctly.

I love this mod and I am anxious to implement it but I want to get your opinion on which path to take.

Thank you!!!

Plugin Contributions

Great looking tabs well done on that, although as you say you perhaps need a fix for the bug that shows all the items the first time the page loads. I am sure someone can help with that, if I could I would. If java script is disabled unfortunately the tabs no longer work, and clicked tabs are directed to pages not found.

Just a note, your signature contains three websites, one of which http://www.qhomezone.com menu doesn't work in FireFox, it works in IE however. Once again thanks for contributing this fantastic looking mod.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola
    1. When testing the demo on your site if I navigate from the Default Product Description tab to another one and then come back to Product Description it doesn't display the original view. However, if I refresh my screen it displays the rest of the information.
    Well its not supposed to. See..when you first load it, you should only see that first paragraph.. the rest of the stuff on that tab is actually the contents of ALL the other tabs.. but for some reason it loads it all on the first tab until you click another tab. Then when you go back to that tab, it properly displays the only thing it should display. The rest of the tabs work fine and correctly display the stuff they should.. but its that initial loading that I can't figure out yet. I am going to try another method of coding it to see where it goes wrong.

It doesn't really affect functionality or usage.. its just not behaving quite like I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola
    1. Can you please comment on which version of this contribution is a better approach to implement that will make it less of an headache for future upgrade. The Lite version doesn't touch any ZC stuff where as the one in the download section requires a DB table as well using a new product type if I understand correctly.
    The Lite version is really better. It may be a bit unorthodox because I'm using delimiter tags right in the main product description.. but it really is the most expandable, configurable, and should theoretically work with ALL future upgrades unless they change core variable names and constants.. which is unlikely.

It's also easy to customize and add features to because its all in one file instead of having files and database tables all over.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls
    Great looking tabs well done on that, although as you say you perhaps need a fix for the bug that shows all the items the first time the page loads. I am sure someone can help with that, if I could I would. If java script is disabled unfortunately the tabs no longer work, and clicked tabs are directed to pages not found.
    Good point. In the next version i will have to add some <noscript> tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls
    Just a note, your signature contains three websites, one of which http://www.qhomezone.com menu doesn't work in FireFox, it works in IE however. Once again thanks for contributing this fantastic looking mod.
    Yea (sigh) FF 1.0 used to work with it.. now the latest versions of FF dont.. who's to blame tho. it works in Opera and IE.. there always seems to be 1 of out the 3 that doesn't like to play nice. That menu is actually a contrib i made for the 1.2.x version and I no longer care about that site or maintain that contrib. But thank you for letting me know about that :)

Plugin Contributions

Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

wow, i really like these mod! so, when we can downloaded it?! and i like the way you change the border that surrounding the add to cart button, can you show me hot to do just like that?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... YOU ARE RIGHT."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOOD LUCK !!![/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

You can DL the beta on the bottom of the first page of this thread.

For the cart thing I just changed the stylesheet_new.css
    Code:
    #cartAdd {
    	float: right;
    	text-align: center;
    	margin: 1em;
    	border: 3px dotted #FF3300;
    	padding: 1em;
    	}
    Last edited by qhome; 2 Jun 2006 at 03:12 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qhome
    Well its not supposed to. See..when you first load it, you should only see that first paragraph.. the rest of the stuff on that tab is actually the contents of ALL the other tabs.. but for some reason it loads it all on the first tab until you click another tab. Then when you go back to that tab, it properly displays the only thing it should display. The rest of the tabs work fine and correctly display the stuff they should.. but its that initial loading that I can't figure out yet. I am going to try another method of coding it to see where it goes wrong.

It doesn't really affect functionality or usage.. its just not behaving quite like I expected.

The Lite version is really better. It may be a bit unorthodox because I'm using delimiter tags right in the main product description.. but it really is the most expandable, configurable, and should theoretically work with ALL future upgrades unless they change core variable names and constants.. which is unlikely.

It's also easy to customize and add features to because its all in one file instead of having files and database tables all over.
    Thank you so much for the clarification. I was definitely thinking along the line of "LITE." Like you said, it's going to be the path of least resistance to future upgrades.

This is a great contribution and great step in making the presentation side look more professional.

Now we just need a better review system like the Amazon and the likes :)

Plugin Contributions

Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

wow, you really know how to play with css! im amazed!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... YOU ARE RIGHT."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOOD LUCK !!![/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

For clarification only...
    The read me states: "File Modifications: NONE!"

Yet the template file /includes/templates/custom/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php is indeed modified.

Most store owners heavily customize this file and understand this... but in case not.... if your "custom" templates directory (YOUR_TEMPLATE) already contains tpl_product_info_display.php be sure to NOT blindly overwrite it, as you will lose any previous customizations (many mods customize that file).

Instead do a compare and then merge.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Readme states:
    "upload the included tabbedproducts.sql using the Zen-cart SQL Patches Tool"

Finished the file merge but discovered the SQL file for this mod was NOT contained in the v.2 beta distribution I downloaded (TabbedLite-v2-beta.zip attachment posted to this thread on 06.01.06).

Could someone please post the SQL? Much thanks.

Woody

Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast