Page 53 of 120 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

OK,

I've uploaded the 3.5 FINAL to the downloads area. It has a few changes from the discussions ideasgrl and I had.

• The Product Details are moved up to the top under the Price by the Main Image now like I had them on the original 3.3 version.
    • The 'How to Port to your Custom Template' document is HTML now and color coded to clear up any potential problems.
    • I've updated the Port instructions to include the movement of the Product Details.
    • Updated the included template files to include the changes to the Product Details moved up top.

I've checked through the instructions a few more times.. and still they work perfect so I dunno what ideasgrl did wrong

Plugin Contributions

I've checked through the instructions a few more times.. and still they work perfect so I dunno what ideasgrl did wrong
    Well, I didn't. I just checked your new instructions and follow step by step and worked as a charm. I did a comparison of instructions and, as I said before, looks like the product details issue was braking the code (as you mentioned it too).

On your old instructions the steps #3 and #6 of your new ones aren't present; so that should be it.

I love this module, keep on your great job.

Edit to add:
    No, apparently there's a loop (it's repeating the atributes).
    Last edited by ideasgirl; 10 Sep 2006 at 04:55 PM.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Hello qhome,

There is something, what I didn't understand. The headline is there at Productdescription and at additional Images. It is also there at cross-sell and "customers also purchase", but it is white on white ground and only to see, when I click in it. When I click, it is to see so long, until the "what's new" scoller changes his picture. Then again white on white ground. What may this be?

Michael

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by michaelhl
    Hello qhome,

There is something, what I didn't understand. The headline is there at Productdescription and at additional Images. It is also there at cross-sell and "customers also purchase", but it is white on white ground and only to see, when I click in it. When I click, it is to see so long, until the "what's new" scoller changes his picture. Then again white on white ground. What may this be?

Michael
    Hmm I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you have a link I can look at?

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl
    Edit to add:
    No, apparently there's a loop (it's repeating the atributes).
    ??
    Last edited by qhome; 10 Sep 2006 at 11:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

www.dark-hamburg.de/shop

please have a look.

Plugin Contributions

www.dark-hamburg.de/shop

please have a look.
    It only appears to happen with IE.. Opera sees it fine.
    check your template's stylesheet.css[/b] for:

Code:
    h2.centerBoxHeading, .productListing-rowheading {
    	margin: 0em;
    	background-image: url(../images/tile_back.jpg);
    	font-size: 1em;
    	color: #ffffff;
    	padding: 0.5em 0.2em;
    	border-bottom: 1px solid #9a9a9a;
    	}
    All headings use that code. I'm not sure why it seems to work on the first 2 tabs tho, since they all use the same call.

Plugin Contributions

But one thing I not really miss, but it can make it better at all. It will be a switch (e.g. a checkbox) on the product.php in admin-area to choose if this article use tabs or not. But I think this is not to realize without doing changes to the core-code.

Also useable may be buttons on the html-editor to insert the soft-tabs.
    Agreed. Checkboxes on the admin product page to insert pre-set text (e.g. soft tabs) is highly desirable.

Q, were you able to do anything with the code I PM'd you awhile back, for this potential purpose?

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    Agreed. Checkboxes on the admin product page to insert pre-set text (e.g. soft tabs) is highly desirable.

Q, were you able to do anything with the code I PM'd you awhile back, for this potential purpose?

Woody
    Yes and no. I got it working for the comments box on the orders page to give quick messages for shipping and status stuff, however, the fundamental problem with that was if you had your own text there first, then clicked a checkbox, it would overwrite your current text. So in essence it would also overwrite your product description. There maybe ways around that tho with a little digging.

The other problem that I couldn't seem to get around was this:

the product description textarea name was product_description[1] or something like that. The code would not work with the 1 in there. As soon as I did some hardcoded changes to test it, I changed it to product_description (without the 1) and it worked similar to the orders page one. But I couldn't understand why it wouldnt work with the 1 in it. But I have been leaning to put that and other stuff into the admin area so I will keep on truckin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qhome
    The fundamental problem with that was if you had your own text there first, then clicked a checkbox, it would overwrite your current text. So in essence it would also overwrite your product description. There maybe ways around that tho with a little digging.
    I observed the same behavior and unintentionally discovered a technique to avoid overwriting. I will play around to rediscover as I don't remember at the moment. It may have had to do with disabling the WYSIWYG editor... again not sure. I generally turn off web embedded WYSIWYG editors. The erratic behavior and burden on the client is too much to put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by qhome
    The other problem that I couldn't seem to get around was this:
    the product description textarea name was product_description[1] or something like that. The code would not work with the 1 in there. As soon as I did some hardcoded changes to test it, I changed it to product_description (without the 1) and it worked similar to the orders page one. But I couldn't understand why it wouldnt work with the 1 in it. But I have been leaning to put that and other stuff into the admin area so I will keep on truckin.
    Thanks for the report. If you come up with anything let us know and I'll do the same.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    I observed the same behavior and unintentionally discovered a technique to avoid overwriting. I will play around to rediscover as I don't remember at the moment. It may have had to do with disabling the WYSIWYG editor... again not sure. I generally turn off web embedded WYSIWYG editors. The erratic behavior and burden on the client is too much to put up with.
    yea well the orders comments page doesn't have wysiwyg anyway and it still happens there.. but yea i also leave all wysiwygs off.. Tabbed lite wouldn't even work properly if u entered tags thru the wysiwyg front end. they would just show up as text

I think it can be circumvented if instead of setting txtboxname = checkbox text, you just do txtboxname = txtboxname.text + checkbox text.