Page 28 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter-Only Subscriptions for v1.3x

The contibution is working well except for one minor issue. If a new customer signs up for the newsletter, then when the record is added to the subscriber's table, the data added is null. I looked through the code, particularly in create_account.php and don't see in the SQL a date reference. I guess it doesn't really matter, but it just looks odd in the subscription manager screen when the date shows up as something in 2036. Has anyone else seen that?

Plugin Contributions

its a sql insert bug, I am currently working on it to fix it. NG is probably aware of it as well.

Rob
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Plugin Contributions

If you try to do a test other then your website address test with a hotmail address or yahoo see if it corrects the year, I beleive it creates the year 2036 when the mod is installed on certian sql levels, not everyones.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NotGoddess
    Your box width is only 146px wide (inner width), so with the padding on the input, it's too wide at 145px (col width 175-30=145) to fit.

You need to find in the template:
    style="width: ' . ($column_width-30) . 'px"

and change that 30 to 40 or 45, etc until it fits for you.

I'll do some research and see if I can find the proper reference for the box width and adjust the template.

-Ng_
    The only file I can find that, as written, is /includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_search.php

However, the sophyblue template already overrides it with style="width: ' . ($column_width-50) . 'px"

I also tried knuckle-101's suggestion. Neither increasing nor decreasing worked.

Plugin Contributions

I just checked the Layout Boxes Controller and found : sideboxes/sophyblue/subscribe.php (ZenCart's coloring, not mine).

It appears that ZenCart is alerting me to something regarding this file. Maybe this is where the problem lies?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bhfruitcakeco
    I just checked the Layout Boxes Controller and found : sideboxes/sophyblue/subscribe.php (ZenCart's coloring, not mine).

It appears that ZenCart is alerting me to something regarding this file. Maybe this is where the problem lies?
    It's red because it's letting you know that the box is in your custom template and not a default box (helps you more easily find it for editing).

I doublechecked and the $column_width variable IS the width of the inner boxes, not the width of the column itself, so that's right at least.

and your width is correct-you have it set to 175 px but your image have spacing that's about 15px worth of padding/margin on each side, so the boxes really ARE 175px wide, but just appear to be more narrow.

But the sideboxes don't know the padding they just know the width. You need to manually adjust for the 'new' width by editing that section I told you:

style="width: ' . ($column_width-30) . 'px"

This is in this file:
    /includes/templates/sophyblue/sideboxes/tpl_subscribe.php

Now that line might be wrapped...you might see it as this (including surrounding text) on lines 17-20:
    Code:
       $content .= '  ' . zen_draw_input_field('email', '', 'size="18" maxlength="30" style="width: ' .
                   ($column_width-30) . 'px" value="' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_DEFAULT_TEXT .
                   '" onfocus="if (this.value == \'' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_DEFAULT_TEXT . '\') this.value = \'\';"');
    Perhaps that is what is confusing you. You need to change that 30 to a higher number to compensate for the padding-try 40 to get a snug fit, 45 for a little room or 50 for about 10px on either side.

To help you, I've included that sidebox edited to have width-45px (should fit inside the box with just a little padding)

-Ng_
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NotGoddess (Sara Jacobson)
    NotGoddess.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Customer subscribed date

Maybe I can just get this fixed one file at a time. :) :)

@radish: This -might- help you as well, but I'm not certain yet. If you are using 1.3.5 it won't hurt.

@dgwyn:

I've attached a patch that updates create_account.php module and admin/customers.php for 1.3.5 it adds the subscribed date for customers.

What it does is set the subscribed date to the current time-so if a customer subscribes, then unsubscribes, then subscribes again, the date will be that 2nd subscription date.

If a news-only subscriber creates an account, it'll update the subscribed_date to the day they sign up.

Remember to backup before making change to files or the db!

To fix customers currently in the system run this in your sql patches section of the admin:

update subscribers set subscribed_date = now() where subscribed_date = '0000-00-00';

For those not upgraded to 1.3.5 yet:

1) upgrade.
    1a) if you can't, read the readme included for how to manually edit the files.

-Ng_

I'll also get this on my site.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NotGoddess.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer subscribed date

@dgwyn: I rec'd a message that your host has fixed this for you.

-Ng_
    NotGoddess.com

Plugin Contributions

Thank you SO much for taking the time to do that for me! It looks perfect now.

Now I must go and thwap the Zen Cart Developer's Tool Kit for not displaying tpl_subscribe.php when I searched for that "phrase".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bhfruitcakeco
    Thank you SO much for taking the time to do that for me! It looks perfect now.

Now I must go and thwap the Zen Cart Developer's Tool Kit for not displaying tpl_subscribe.php when I searched for that "phrase".
    Like other searches, the tool kit searches line by line so it wouldn't catch the wrapping. If you ever run into that again, you can try searching by part of the string that's significant-e.g. $column_width - 30 . You'll get more false positives, but may have more luck finding it.

btw, does this mean we're on the fruitcake list? :) :)

-Ng_
    NotGoddess.com

Page 28 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast